Champions League 2010-2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Just about to watch Arsenal vs. Barcelona. Hoping Barca pass them off the pitch en route to a dominant win. :nod:

Anybody else watching?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Barca teaching Arsenal a lesson. They should really be 1-0 up as Messi missed a one-on-one.

Just shows who the real footballing team in Europe are. For all Arsenal's southern based plaudits, they're little more than a poor man's Barca.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
1-1. AWFUL keeping from Valdes. Should never be beaten at his near post. After 5-6 years, he remains their weak link.

ITV commentators come out with the baffling line that Arsenal "deserve" the goal. Do they? Really?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I watched this game and couldn't believe that Arsenal were able to come back from where they were. Yes they were only one goal down but Barcelona were completely dominating them. Van Persie's goal was great simply because he should never have scored from that angle, terrible keeping but still it was great placement. Arshavin has been quiet this season and so for me it was a bit of a surprise seeing him score the second goal. Poor performance by Barca who should have taken Arsenal out of the game in the first half.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
It was robbery, but I have still a lot of faith that Barca takes care of them at home. The 2nd goal was brilliant, but seriously first goal? Valdes needs to make that save, don't care how much power is on that. Shathkar upset Roma, as they have been the surprise team in the tournament so far. Schalke and Valencia got the luck of the draw of not facing any big teams. They tied 1-1 with Raul scoring his 70th. Last but not least, my Spurs came through and beat Milan 1-0. Gattuso is an animal and needs to be put on a leash. I am very happy none of them fought back, it was very professional for Tottenham. Also happy Corluka is alright after that nasty tackle. Aaron Lennon has really developed into a guy you should fear.

Next week's game are so so, probably will just catch Inter Bayern with full support in Bayern. I have a few friends that are Inter fans and I hate Serie A so go BAYERN!!!

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Found it hilarious watching Arsenal get dumped out of the competition last night.

Even more funny is Arsenal's strange idea that the referee cost them the match. Arsenal didn't have a single shot on goal and had just 30% of possession, yet the referee is the reason they lost?

Barca made them look like a pub team, no idea how they can even suggest they deserved anything from the tie.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Arsenal is a joke, love how they complain. When you can't get the ball and can't take any shots, you don't deserve it. Barcelona owned them and it would have been game over if David Villa could have put the ball in back of the net. That own goal was pure luck as well. Tottenham is in which is incredible. To hold the likes of Ibrahomvic, Robinho, and Pat to 180 minutes without a goal is amazing. Gallas and Sandro was terrific out there and I was happy to see Corluka make a remarkable return from injury. As long as Tottenham can avoid Barcelona, they can make it to the final!!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Shakhtar Donetsk
Tottenham
Schalke
Internazionale
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Man United
Chelsea

The draw will take place today and the first legs will be played on 5 and 6 April, and the second legs will be played on 12 and 13 April 2011. There is no seeding and teams from the same country can play each other. Looking forward to seeing the pairings for the quarter-final stage.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Real Madrid - Tottenham
Chelsea - Manchester United
Barcelona - Shakhtar Donetsk
Internazionale - Schalke 04

There are the match-ups for the Quarter-Finals. So who do you think will make it to the semi-final stage?

Real Madrid - Tottenham

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Real Madrid - Tottenham

Madrid over Tottenham? Nah, Madrid are nothing on what they used to be, and Spurs beat both Milan teams, one being the last year winners so they can beat Madrid who will rely soley on Ronaldo imo.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The semi-finals are set.

Schalke 04 vs. Manchester United
Real Madrid vs. Barcelona

I am picking Manchester United vs Barcelona in the final. Should be some good matches leading up to the final. I don't know much about Schalke do they have any name players that I would know?

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I think Schalke will cause an upset, they destroyed Inter.

Big name players:

Manuel Neuer
Raul
Jefferson Farfan
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Christoph Metzelder

They have some other great players but these are the ones you're most likely to know

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thanks for that, there are a couple of familiar names there.

I think that Man United will defeat Schalke just because they will want to come out of the season with two titles and will throw everything they can at this tournament. They won't rest any players and I think that when they are on song they will win the whole thing.