Cesaro vs Sheamus - Would you be opposed to it?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, I honestly don't mind who'd go over, just as long as Cesaro gets a nice rub from it, I'm fine with it really. Actually thinking about it, Swagger vs. Cesaro at Mania sounds like a great bout, but too many breakups of teams/stables coming up probably stops all chances of that happening..
I feel that although swagger and Ceasaro can work, Sheamus is a much better fit as he is more popular and credible than Swagger. Sheamus would make Ceasaro look better

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I feel that although swagger and Ceasaro can work, Sheamus is a much better fit as he is more popular and credible than Swagger. Sheamus would make Ceasaro look better

You're right, but there won't be a huge feud between Cesaro and Sheamus...at least not yet. It's an opportunity to turn Cesaro face in one match, if booked properly.

But the first feud that face Cesaro will have will be with Swagger.

wk

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
You're right, but there won't be a huge feud between Cesaro and Sheamus...at least not yet. It's an opportunity to turn Cesaro face in one match, if booked properly.

But the first feud that face Cesaro will have will be with Swagger.

wk
there could be a big feud between them. as long as WWE gives them some time after the EC. Hell, their feud could even begin in the chamber and ripple throughout raw and smackdown afterwards.
I agree that he should feud with Swagger afterwards at Extreme Rules.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm completely opposed to anything involving Sheamus winning, however if Cesaro is put over by this type of match with him winning then yes I'd be down for that.

Although I assume Swagger is going to be his first real feud, no?

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
As long as Cesaro goes over then I wouldn't mind the feud. I just don't want to see the same old "you weren't born in the US so you must be an illegal" because I'm sure Sheamus would only have the worst comebacks to everything that was said by Cesaro or Zeb Coulter.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
You know, it's really not necessary for Cesaro to go over Sheamus in a feud (or a match, for that matter). As long as he looks strong and doesn't quit, he'll get over with the crowd (which is already starting just because he's got good charisma and is such a good character). If he eats a Brogue Kick and White Noise and the Irish Curse Backbreaker and still kicks out of the pin or maybe it takes a second (or third) Brogue Kick to put him down, who wins the match will be inconsequential. He stood toe to toe with a former world champion and looked strong. That's all people will talk about. (I know I'm not the first to mention that, but it can't be said often enough.) The big trick will be to have the match play out in such a way that Sheamus' character comes out looking the way the WWE wants him to look, by which I mean looking like a face or a heel, depending on their plans for him going from there.

So, again, yes. I'm for Cesaro having a Mania match against Sheamus. I mean, hell, Sheamus beat D-Bry in 18 seconds at Mania and now D-Bry's the most over guy in the company. And he looked like crap in that scenario. If he can overcome that, Cesaro can survive (and thrive) looking strong against Sheamus.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Reading CrayJ's post just reminded me of that ad for Capitol Punishment when he said he was from Cleveland. Think that was the moment Crayo looked at the screen with eyes full of venom and rage and said "I will always despise you." in his sinister evil Crayo voice. (If you missed that ad, count your lucky stars.)

You all are cray cray.

On-topic... yeah, it would be the rare Sheamus feud that I would care about since stale veteran (Sheamus isn't stale, he sucks, but w/e) vs younger star are the best matches you can do now