Cena's Return?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Saying Punk was a failure is saying you buy in to WWE's reasons for him being a failure.

Punk, as champion, was expected to do what no other superstar or champion has done since Stone Cold, and that was bring in viewers and ratings every week on RAW at the 10 o'clock hour. Punk never lost more viewers than the E usually loses at the top of that hour.... but he never made Austin-like gains, and WWE got fed up with his inability to do that. Nevermind that Summer of Punk was a total botch by the E from the moment Nash walked in to when Hunter got the eventual rub from Nash in that angle.

Daniel Bryan a failure? Because he had one reign which ended with a screwjob to set up a feud? Bryan's pops, in every single arena, have been louder than anything the E has heard since Rock's return and before that since Cena had a major portion of the adult male audience behind him. Again, WWE has botched on Bryan in this entire feud by not capitalizing or by spending what is now 2 PPV's without a WWE Champion. How is Bryan the failure when the E is the one prolonging his crowning?

You guys say a lot of very ridiculous things placing all of the blame on the talent and not considering for one moment that the company actually can do wrong... and does.

BTW, what was so "tainted" about Punk's MITB victory over Cena? Because Cena jumped out of the ring to knock out Ace? Ace's presence caused a distraction of Punk so that when he rolled into the ring, he got locked in the STF... so by all counts they were dead even in the distraction factor and that weighs out to a fair fight.

I agree with pretty much all of this post it is just something I get fed up of saying as it leads to these tedious back and fourths. But it is fair to say that I don't agree with deezy's idea that it is more the talents resposible to make something happen, than the management's to give them the platform to do it.

I guess Cena does have charasma, but I would still say that the likes of Punk and Bryan are much better when it comes to promos.

Reaction score
I guess Cena does have charasma, but I would still say that the likes of Punk and Bryan are much better when it comes to promos.

Punk lol no - he fails to capture the crowd whenever I see him cut a promo, he was only about average within the summer of Punk - in fact he looked great amongst kids but Triple H, Cena and Nash were still better on microphone.

Bryan gets the YES chant going but he doesn't carry that shazaam that Cena has.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'll agree Nash is usually better on the mic than Punk but he was known for having some train wreck of promos during that run. His nerves were gettin' the best of him.

I'm still on the fence with Daniel Bryan's mic skills, he has to be able to sustain this when he doesn't have such a strong angle that he's involved in. He was really solid with the comedy stuff with KANE though.

Trips and Cena are WWE made great promo guys and work well in that environment better than pretty much everyone. So I'd say they are in a different league.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
People still question Cena's charisma :lmao That's almost as bad as questioning his wrestling ability.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
keith said:
But it is fair to say that I don't agree with deezy's idea that it is more the talents resposible to make something happen, than the management's to give them the platform to do it.

Oh sure it is the companies fault, someone can't get over. It is their fault that when someone is given the chance to shine, they can't get a reaction to save their WWE careers. How stupid of me, and here I thought this business' was all about ones ability to control crowds and get people to want to see them. No...I guess it's up to people in suits who set up camera shots and write storylines.

Give me a break, even Cena himself started from the bottom, generic babyface, then he got over because he was given 30 seconds on a Smackdown! skit as Vanilla Ice and he fucking rocked that shit so hard, he was given more chances.

It isn't management who make stars, it is management recognizing someone could be a star, and guess what? They don't see anybody who can be THE GUY yet.

Reaction score
I think they needed it as they have no contenders for WHC
I think the WWE with Orton and Bryan was fine. But nobody wants to see RVD again. Dolph needs build up and they already did that recently
Big Show doing something else
Kane is gone.
CM Punk doing something else.
They are really weak in the top heavy area. They are stacked in mid tier. They are really positioned well to have the IC US and tag title pushes

Maybe the injury wasn't as bad as they originally thought it would be. But to come back from an injury and into a hell in a cell match seems weird.

I think Daniel Bryan has done great but there's been no payoff yet for him to go over as he hasn't won. Let him actually hold the title for more than 24 hrs before you call it a failure

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This isn't going to be a Hell in A Cell match. Only one is booked in this PPV. Google it.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
This isn't going to be a Hell in A Cell match. Only one is booked in this PPV. Google it.

Two now, but with this not being in the Cell; it's perfect for Del Rio to get DQ'd and keep the belt until SS.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Seriously the guy has to be has to be using peptides or something because there is just no way his body is healing properly from the injuries.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Seriously the guy has to be has to be using peptides or something because there is just no way his body is healing properly from the injuries.

Its a proven fact that people in better physical condition heal quicker. The thing is, WWE makes his injuries out to be "Career threating" and then give us a ridiculous amount of time that he is supposed to be out for, so when he returns months in advance, its earth shattering. You figure Cena tore his Tricep in early August. Wrestled on it for most of August, so yes, he was wrestling occasionally, but it was still healing for that month, rested it the entire month of September, and is not coming back until the end of October. Just about three months, which is a normal time frame for a person is good heath to recover from a minor torn muscle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But he didn't have surgery until the end of August so that month of recovery with him wrestling means nothing. Coming back from tricep surgery in less than two months is crazy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tricep tear doesn't make your elbow blowup like that, it's bursitis and not that bad. Probs had bone spurs taken out and was probably from the surgery last year.

Let's ask why the guy looks cut every moment of everyday and doesn't seem to carry any waterweight from a diet of fastfood n such? Models can't do that, how does he? If he was taking something, I want to know what it is, so I can get me some of that.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
It's because Cena has enough stacked up muscles to last a thousand winters, that's why.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Big show on cena

"Surprised but not surprised. I knew John was going to come back early. I didn't know he would come back this early. I've known him for a long time. Since day one when he walked in the door his work ethic and the bar that he sets is a lot higher than everyone else. We'll fly 16, 18 hours to Australia to the Middle East, Abu Dhabi or something like that. After an 18 hour plane right, the only thing I was to do really is get something to eat, have a nice shower and go to bed. John hits, right away he goes to the gym. No matter how little sleep he's had, he goes to the gym everyday. He has that work ethic. His drive and his commitment, the things he does for the community and outside things we do for this company like Susan G. Komen and Make-a-Wish and Special Olympics and all the things John does. The guy constantly goes. I think one time someone told him he was like 77 or 78 days in a row without a day off. Like he did something every single day. Most of us go bat nuts crazy after 15, 16 days in a row. We all need to be cooled off and sent home so we can keep our mental faculties. He's just got that drive and work ethic so I knew he would be back."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's great to see that kind of dedication, but it really just shows what kind of personal life he doesn't seem to have. Will make it very tough for him to make the transition from performer to life outside of wrestling when that day comes. I know it's not going to happen for along time, doubt he stops after 45.

He is basically a Ric Flair/Hulk Hogan hybrid of this generation. A guy who can put on great matches with just about anyone, but also have that mainstream appeal to do movies and make appearances on other TV shows.

Will there be anyone as special as he is in near future? Short answer....NOPE......Long answer.......Probably No.