Cena's promo: dog shit or horse shit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Beyond how terrible Cena was, do you think that it was just a bad, cringe-worthy promo or can it actually be damaging to the feud or even to Wyatt himself? I have to say it definitely damaged how much I like the feud seeing Cena revert back to 2010 Cena. Next he will call him Gay Wyatt and make a poop joke.

Damaging to the feud? Absolutely! This feud's been great so far, with Cena bringing on this brand new role that was perfect for the times, with him being the veteran wanting to be the guys the young guys test themselves against. It was serious, it was simple, it was passionate, it connected with the audience... what's not to love? This bullshit, that's what. Fuck Cena and fuck whoever else thought this was a good idea.

Damaging to Wyatt? Not really. If Bray goes over in this feud (as he should) then it'll all be forgotten for sure. But the two probable outcomes (Wyatt win via interference or Cena wins a really competitive match) may actually lose a little impact due to this, yeah.

Reaction score
Gotta say he really sucked the gravitas right out of the moment which had been built so properly especially after the look me square in the eyes see a God line
but this has been a trend for awhile since those asshole commentators started talking through the Wyatts intro

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
"Look up at me and you'll see a friend. Look down on me and you'll see an enemy. Look me straight in the eyes and you'll see a god." Epic line.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
"Look up at me and you'll see a friend. Look down on me and you'll see an enemy. Look me straight in the eyes and you'll see a god." Epic line.
it was until Cena got ahold of it smh

Reactions: B.Dazzle

Ed!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.idareyoutoclickthislinkandseewhathappens.com
Worse promo I have seen from Cena in a long time. Never been a fan of his since Edge took the title at NYR, but he always manages to hype a Mania match regardless. Injuries are coming out left right and center for John Boy, and now his promos skills are dropping? Things aren't looking good for WWE's resident superman

The Showstopper1

The Artiste
Reaction score
That's John Cena for ya. Make something interesting/entertaining utter shit.

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
After contemplating vigorously for two days I have come to the conclusion that his promo was complete HORSE SHIT from top to bottom.

I'm going to start my analysis from the beginning when Cena arrived and started having a cheeky little chat with Hogan. By cheeky I meant that he verbally rimmed Hogan (too far?) to the extent where I think we were all cringing. Then Wyatt provides a good promo and stumps Cena. The worst part of the promo was when he compared Bray's image to a homeless guy...Jesus what a way to diminish a guy's credibility as a scary/creepy villain.

My final thought on his horse manure promo is that it has evoked a reaction, I now want Bray Wyatt to deliver Sister Abigail to Cena maybe 7 or 8 times in a row? At WM30 to return the burial.

:happy:

Reactions: Chris_JeriG.O.A.T

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I'm on the horse shit bandwagon. I can't think of a single positive thing to say about that promo. Truly awful.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting quite a bit to this one. Yeah, Cena's promo sucked, but it hardly 'damaged' Wyatt or his credibility. If Wyatt suffering Husky Harris chants on his first night in the company didn't hurt him, and if him needing help to win his very first match back at Summerslam (especially against a guy like Kane who didn't even have much of a monster aura anymore) didn't damage him, then neither will this. Now, if Cena reverts back to this on a constant basis and then goes over Wyatt at Wrestlemania and there's no rematch booked where Wyatt gets a win in return (and I'm very much expecting Wyatt to win a rematch at Extreme Rules IF Cena picks up the win at Mania... unless they instead have the Wyatts put Cena on the shelf after Mania so that Cena can attend to his real-life groin injuries), then yeah, maybe Wyatt will lose a bit of steam, but I don't expect that to happen. (Even then, Wyatt could likely regain credibility.) Cena sometimes refusing to sell his opponents as threats doesn't really annoy me as much as it does others because The Rock used to do the same thing back in the day, only 10x worse. If someone has enough credibility and talent, they can easily overcome it.

Reactions: Wilby

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
Cena's promo sucked, but it hardly 'damaged' Wyatt or his credibility.

I guess it all depends on our subjective approaches and perception of what being 'damaged' is. Personally, when I hear Cena comparing Wyatt's image to that of a homeless guy and then making fun of the Hawaiian shirt's he wears to the ring then I would consider this verbally damaging. Thus far Wyatt has been depicted as a 'Monster' who has (with interference) managed to defeat anybody put in front of him, Wyatt is still undefeated when it comes to in-ring action right?

With these factor's considered it could be argued that John Cena's choice words for Bray Wyatt are damaging to his character especially when the WWE has pushed hard for Bray to be a dominant villain, not a "Hawaiian shirt-wearing homeless guy" < paraphrasing but you get the idea.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on our subjective approaches and perception of what being 'damaged' is. Personally, when I hear Cena comparing Wyatt's image to that of a homeless guy and then making fun of the Hawaiian shirt's he wears to the ring then I would consider this verbally damaging. Thus far Wyatt has been depicted as a 'Monster' who has (with interference) managed to defeat anybody put in front of him, Wyatt is still undefeated when it comes to in-ring action right?

With these factor's considered it could be argued that John Cena's choice words for Bray Wyatt are damaging to his character especially when the WWE has pushed hard for Bray to be a dominant villain, not a "Hawaiian shirt-wearing homeless guy" < paraphrasing but you get the idea.

I can't consider one promo to be all that damaging. Making fun of the guy for the shirts he wears and the way he looks isn't enough to destroy the 'fear' or credibility that Wyatt's character has already built up for himself thus far. I get that some people fear that history might repeat itself with the way Cena completely destroyed The Nexus back in 2010, but I really don't think the WWE intend to make the same mistake with the Wyatts. They avoided that with The Shield, because they allowed The Shield to go over pretty much everybody, including Cena and two partners of his on at least two or three occasions (one of those occasions which saw Reigns pinning Cena cleanly with the spear.) Considering that and considering that WWE are kind of high on Wyatt at the moment as well, I don't think Bray is gonna end up buried or damaged at the end of this feud, no matter what the result of their Wrestlemania match is. If he loses, he can easily cut come cryptic promo about how winning one match doesn't determine the true victor or some shit. Add in something about how one can lose the battle but still win the war, mix in some mysticism and weird, occult-like language with it, and Wyatt can easily come out of the feud looking as credible as ever (especially if he wins a rematch at ER and/or puts Cena on the shelf with an injury.)

Wilby

Follower of Buzzards
Reaction score
I can't consider one promo to be all that damaging. Making fun of the guy for the shirts he wears and the way he looks isn't enough to destroy the 'fear' or credibility that Wyatt's character has already built up for himself thus far. I get that some people fear that history might repeat itself with the way Cena completely destroyed The Nexus back in 2010, but I really don't think the WWE intend to make the same mistake with the Wyatts. They avoided that with The Shield, because they allowed The Shield to go over pretty much everybody, including Cena and two partners of his on at least two or three occasions (one of those occasions which saw Reigns pinning Cena cleanly with the spear.) Considering that and considering that WWE are kind of high on Wyatt at the moment as well, I don't think Bray is gonna end up buried or damaged at the end of this feud, no matter what the result of their Wrestlemania match is. If he loses, he can easily cut come cryptic promo about how winning one match doesn't determine the true victor or some shit. Add in something about how one can lose the battle but still win the war, mix in some mysticism and weird, occult-like language with it, and Wyatt can easily come out of the feud looking as credible as ever (especially if he wins a rematch at ER and/or puts Cena on the shelf with an injury.)

Hey man,

I never said it destroyed his credibility I said that it damaged it, a big difference as destroying credibility would imply that there is no coming back for someone.

I'm also not saying Bray is unable to come out of Wrestlemania looking good or more credible, a WM30 match against Cena is huge for any wrestler.

All I said is that the promo damaged him due to how he was described by Cena, it does depict him as less scary when you consider Cena's choice of words.

Regardless, I mentioned that opinions on this topic are subjective so everyone is entitled to their opinion

xoxo

Last edited:

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
This is the reason why I can't stand Cena. All he ever does in promos is goes for cheap pops and insults to please the crowd. He can't compete with Bray Wyatt, especially on the mic, and he definitely proved that Monday night.

Ed!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.idareyoutoclickthislinkandseewhathappens.com
This is the reason why I can't stand Cena. All he ever does in promos is goes for cheap pops and insults in the crowd. He can't compete with Bray Wyatt, especially on the mic, and he definitely proved that Monday night.

He does rely on that, goes back to his Vanilla Ice days, always been the same. The only time I have enjoyed Cena's promos is when he feuded with Edge, then he cut some great promos