Cena's promo: dog shit or horse shit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think it was THAT bad. I mean, sure the promo itself was shit but I don't think it buried Wyatt or anything like that. Then again I watched the segment after I read this thread. So maybe I was expecting something much worse, seeing as how everyone's crying.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't think it was THAT bad. I mean, sure the promo itself was shit but I don't think it buried Wyatt or anything like that. Then again I watched the segment after I read this thread. So maybe I was expecting something much worse, seeing as how everyone's crying.
Underreacting. Classic hipster move.

Reactions: Wilby

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I suppose what they were going for with this was to make the divide between the two characters even bigger. This matchup is great because everyone has a rooting interest one way or the other. Cena fans probably enjoyed this promo and like him more because of it, while the rest of us want to see Cena leave WM with his jaw wired shut + already loved Wyatt.

But what did you guys think of this week's Cena promo?

When he came out and talked up how scary Bray was and how afraid of him he was, it almost made up for this garbage... but the whole talk of Cena's legacy? Idk, seemed really forced.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
For shame, on all of you really. Cena was jabbing at Wyatt, he was insulting him. Please remind me of the cardinal sin John Cena committed.
For f*** sake, I expect you marks to get all twisted up... but Dolph'sZiggler of all people? What the f***, dude?
You Wyatt marks need to stop babying this cat and pop your milkjugs out of his pie hole .
Has Be A Star gotten to you? Does bullying make your eyes well up? If I didn't know any better I'd suggest Phil Brooks started this thread

The 3/10 promo was fine, you jerks need to toughen up because even Big Show thinks you're overreacting

Reactions: Swift

The Showstopper1

The Artiste
Reaction score
For shame, on all of you really. Cena was jabbing at Wyatt, he was insulting him. Please remind me of the cardinal sin John Cena committed.
For f*** sake, I expect you marks to get all twisted up... but Dolph'sZiggler of all people? What the f***, dude?
You Wyatt marks need to stop babying this cat and pop your milkjugs out of his pie hole .
Has Be A Star gotten to you? Does bullying make your eyes well up? If I didn't know any better I'd suggest Phil Brooks started this thread

The 3/10 promo was fine, you jerks need to toughen up because even Big Show thinks you're overreacting

I think it's you who is overreacting. People are allowed to have opinions.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

It was a dog shit promo that bordered on breaking kayfabe and threatened to damage an amazing character. It is simply a topic about a feud, nobody is getting worked up, the only thing that sucks is Cena regressing back to 09 smurf face Cena.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I think it's you who is overreacting. People are allowed to have opinions.
Mick Foley, is that you???
It was a dog shit promo that bordered on breaking kayfabe and threatened to damage an amazing character. It is simply a topic about a feud, nobody is getting worked up, the only thing that sucks is Cena regressing back to 09 smurf face Cena.

Fair argument, fair argument. I disagree mostly because comfrontation and bickering drive feuds home for me.
Now, if Cena bulldogs him IN the ring I will sh** on Cena for sure.
I personally say HHH dogsh*** guys far more than Cena ever could. As long as both guys have free reign to banter, the burying suits me just fine

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just think with a character like Bray (not to mention Cena had shifted away from the corny shit) Cena should take shit a bit more seriously. I get that he wants to be like the Rock circa 1998 and be the cool guy who just buries people on the mic, but he doesn't have the personality or the ability to do it and when he tries.... well, we see the ill-fated result.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
I just think with a character like Bray (not to mention Cena had shifted away from the corny shit) Cena should take shit a bit more seriously. I get that he wants to be like the Rock circa 1998 and be the cool guy who just buries people on the mic, but he doesn't have the personality or the ability to do it and when he tries.... well, we see the ill-fated result.
I never liked the Rock one bit, but prefer Cena for various reasons. Cena doesn't do it for you and that's cool. No need to justify cause it would take a whole thread to explain my POV.... and the same likely goes for whomever disagrees
I simply took the 3/10 promo on Wyatt at face value. I didn't take into consideration how it may or may not affect Wyatt's future prospects... I simply choose not to think on those terms
I disliked Cena 3/17 promo being 'scared' of Wyatt immensely... that was bad. Some may see that as putting Wyatt over somewhat, but being a chickensh** in this 'sport' will never appeal to me cause that isn't how a man should settle things

We could go back and forth on this issue all day. Sometimes using logic in a subjective setting is like a dog chasing its tail. These two don't have the best chemistry, that much is evident thus far