Cena's opening promo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haze187

Reaction score
Ok so pretty much everyone has seen the promo of Cena and God HHH had last monday night and I have to say it was one of the best promos I've heard in a good while but that's not what this is about.
Its about one line that Cena said, and that's "until you beat me, you're nothing" that has been bugging me and I just want to ask everyone and myself, has WWE forgotten that God HHH has pretty much beaten almost every big superstar in modern day wrestling? Rock,Austin,HBK,Angle,Undertaker, you name it he has beaten them and they seriously expect the fans to buy that bullshit of Cena being the man he has to beat to be the man? Hell fucking no. Now I honestly can say as of today I have become a Cena fan once again but for the love of jesus its shit like this that makes me not even wanna watch the guy. Stop booking him like he's the next Hulk Hogan, he isn't. Not a big deal but I just wanted to put that out.

By the way did Cena finally use a new move on his match against Umaga or was it just me?

The Rated R CMStar

Sorry to break it down, but he's the new Hulk Hogan.

And maybe in reality, the line is wrong, but in kayfabe, Cena is right. Their whole WM22 feud was based on HHH being the top dog and having beat everybody...BUT CENA. Then into Backlash and beyond it was HHH going crazy and looking with despair to finally beat Cena.

He hasn't still, so he has to add that name to his list to be THE MAN, in kayfabe

MikeRaw

Ya, obviously HHH is superior in real life as far as legendary status. But on the show, Cena hasnt been beaten by HHH, and Cena has beaten all the guys HHH has beat, so what he says is true (kayfabe wise)...
But also, it was a form of trash talk by Cena though to get in HHH's head (kayfabe)
But dont let it bug you lol, its just because HHH hasnt beat Cena yet.

Airfixx

Cena has beaten all the guys HHH has beat

Rock, Austin, Foley... :cough:

THREE rather big exceptions there.

Regardless... It doesn't wind me up like Haze187 said, but I kinda agree in as much as according to the Flair adage which Cena is trying to milk, HHH is THE MAN.

Bigfella

Reaction score

Regardless... It doesn't wind me up like Haze187 said, but I kinda agree in as much as according to the Flair adage which Cena is trying to milk, HHH is THE MAN.

Didn't Cena get Stunned by Austin at Tribute to the Troops?

Moonlight Drive

Wasn't Foley in that match at Night of Champions last year?

And you can hardly count Rock & Austin, they'll probably never wrestle again and Cena pretty much never got a chance to face them. But if you were just talking WWE right now, Cena has beaten everyone Triple H has, besides probably 'Taker

The Rated R CMStar

I think Cena at one point defeated The Undertaker.

John Cena defeated Mick Foley at Night of Champions last year.

And technically, HHH is not the man, HBK is...

Bigfella

Reaction score
I think Cena at one point defeated The Undertaker.

John Cena defeated Mick Foley at Night of Champions last year.

And technically, HHH is not the man, HBK is...

Yup :toung:

Because Ric Flair was the Man. And to be the man, you gotta beat the man. And HBK beat Ric Flair. And Ric Flair was the man. And if anyone wanted to become the man, they had to defeat him, and HBK did, so he became the man.

CenaMark54

Yup :toung:

Because Ric Flair was the Man. And to be the man, you gotta beat the man. And HBK beat Ric Flair. And Ric Flair was the man. And if anyone wanted to become the man, they had to defeat him, and HBK did, so he became the man.

But wait.

HBK beat Flair to become the man.

Batista recently just beat HBK.

That would make Batista the current MAN in the WWE.

Airfixx

^^^LOL. In turn Edge becomes the man if he takes Batista out @ N.O.C. Hehehe...

I can see Flair's notion of being the man has gone over one or two heads....

I stand corrected about Cena V Foley.

MikeRaw

Cena beat Foley... Not Rock and Austin though, but by the time Cena came onto SD (in 2002) the Rock and Austin were nearing retirement and Cena was nothing then...

But obviously HHH is better, and I think Triple H is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Cena, bt I was just pointing out that for the sake of the storyline, Cena is the guy HHH hasnt beat yet, and cant overcome, so right now, storyline wise Cena is on top...

But anyways, about who they havent beat. It wasnt meant to be taken man for man, just overall, they have both beaten the best that theyve fought, so ya... But you could say that while Cena hasnt beat Austin or Rock, HHH hasnt beat Khali. Obviously Rock/Auistin are bigger stars, but storyline wise Khali is the biggest and baddest.
So ya, HHH>Cena IMO, but the point of the storyline is theyve both kicked everyones ass, but HHH hasnt kicked Cenas...

CenaMark54

I'm not so sure HHH is a bigger star than Cena.

Cena is more popular than HHH ever was. He is better and more versatile on the mic than HHH and the in ring ability is closer than you may think. Sure HHH beats Cena in terms of psychology, but no selling is basically a part of Cena's character, much like it was for Hogan.

chessarmy

It was a good promo, I loved Triple H's response though. I laughed so hard when he dissed Cena's fans for being little kids, because it was so true lol. I liked how Cena put over the WWE in his promo, the problem with Cena's promos usually is that he takes what is supposed to be a very serious situation and turns it into comedy. Like if he gets his ass kicked one week the next week he'll come out and start making jokes, if he can stay away from that I'm sure he can cut some awesome promos. The Cena/HHH fued is pretty good too, its just that we've seen it before and I think its time WWE gives us something fresh

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The promo was very good, and it actually gave the feud meaning other than "I want the title Back". It was one of the best promos I've seen on Raw in a while. I'm really unsure of who has the face role, but it looks like it's face vs face.

And Hulk Hogan took wrestling into the biggest level ever, so I don't see a problem with having a face of wrestling.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
"until you beat me, you're nothing" i like that, hope triple h doesn't win, he's championship reign is sooooo boring, now ecw its my fav. show.