Cena vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania...JUST SAY NO!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

^If there is anyone WWE would put over Taker...it's Cena.

As much as I believe Cena is WWE's golden boy, WWE would never have Taker lose at Mania. WWE keeps the question alive by getting everyone's hopes up every year to see if someone defeats Undertaker, but every single year they most likely disappoint their fans by having Taker just win in the end. It's an endless cycle where WWE keeps fooling their fans and making them look like jackasses for thinking someone can beat Undertaker.

noumenon

I believe Taker will retire undefeated at Mania too...just saying, if someone were to end it..it would be Cena at this point.

Reaction score
I'm surprised they didn't have Taker jobbing to HHH years ago at 'Mania. But then again, they'd put Cena over Taker in a heartbeat if it meant more ticket and merch sales.

Airfixx

I think last year was probably Taker's most questionable win to date. Though Cena would definitely trump that.

Nah, the most questionable Taker WM win = Taker v Big Show & A-Train... Well it is when you consider Show's been since shown to own the shit out of Taker on a few occasions.

Taker @ WM26?

As someone else said above, if they haven't already pissed all over a potential Taker/Y2J program, they will have done by the time SS & any imminent rematches have taken place.

Considering how WM is about the big match atmos blah blah, Cena/Taker would be fitting, but, unless a Cena-heel turn or title unification transpires I can't say it peaks my interest. Then again I wouldn't know until afterwards so fuck it, WWE could (and may well) do a lot worse.

IMO the only other decent option for Cena is vs Batista, but given how Dave is just the same old crap as a heel as he was as a face, I can't envisage things being radically different to their Summerslam08 match.

Genuinely interested to know where the expectance of Edge appearing comes from...? All I've read indicates that he won't be back in time for WM.

Anyone like me think that aside from MITB, the mid-card will get majorly bitched out this year? I mean aside from Rey/Jericho when's the last time we saw a decently written, decently booked mid-card fued?

MITB this year:

JoMo
Jericho (if no Edge or title match)
Kofi
MVP
Christian
Ziggles
Rey
Matt

...Basically, mostly guys that should be doing more by now.

LKP

I cant see takers streak being broken guys. Why cant taker vs cena happen at the rumble? Champion vs champion and its becomes a dq or what ever after someone interrupts. Then we have had that match before Wm26. Then we option for y2j vs taker for wm 26, y2j vs edge going into NWO and theyc an continue after wm26. Edge vs batista on smackdown also can work at wm 26.
So here is what i think will happen at wm 26

Edge vs Batista vs cm punk
Taker vs Y2j
Cena vs Swagger
Orton vs ted dibiase
Hbk vs HHH
Mitb- Matt hardy vs kofi vs miz vs JoMo vs mvp vs ziggler vs bourne vs Kane
Christian vs Shelton benjamin
Melina vs Mickie james
Big show vs Jeffhardy

Airfixx

^^^"Big show vs Jeffhardy"

Honestly, how is that anything but total and utter randomness on your part?

Are you "predicting" Bolton will win this years premier league too? lol

Tell me, how have WWE planted that particular 'seed' in your in your head, LKP?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So here is what i think will happen at wm 26

Edge vs Batista vs cm punk
Taker vs Y2j
Cena vs Swagger
Orton vs ted dibiase
Hbk vs HHH
Mitb- Matt hardy vs kofi vs miz vs JoMo vs mvp vs ziggler vs bourne vs Kane
Christian vs Shelton benjamin
Melina vs Mickie james
Big show vs Jeffhardy

:rofl:
Dude, what the hell? Was this a typo or were you being serious?

Reaction score
I stand by what I said. WWE desperately needs to make new stars so why would you make match ups at Mania like Cena vs. Taker?
Simply because it's Wrestlemania. The PPV that is supposed to be the Super Bowl of wrestling. Aside from the Rock, Austin or Hogan coming back for a match, Taker/Cena is the biggest match they could possibly put on. And since Wrestlemania is their big event, that's where it should take place. They have 13 PPV's in 2010. They have plenty of opportunities to build new stars on PPV. But at Wrestlemania they should be giving us the biggest match ups.

Along with all the reasons I stated above, this match does not help WWE at all. Sure it's a cool match up, but seriously.
Did Rock/Hogan help the WWE aside from getting the PPV a few more buys? Not really. Same goes for Taker/HBK at this years Wrestlemania. But you’re going to have a difficult time finding a wrestling fan that didn’t enjoy those matches. If you stop thinking like a smark and think like an actual wrestling fan then I’m sure you’d be a lot more psyched at the possibility of this match.

It would make much more sense by pushing guys like Swagger against Cena or Taker instead of just having typical WWE main event stars fight AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. If they keep going at this rate Cena, Batista, Orton, HHH, HBK, and Taker will be headlining Mania after Mania until they have run out of matches.
If we were talking about a Triple H/Orton match or Cena/Edge match at WM26 I might agree with you. But we are talking about a fresh match. Sure it’s technically been done in 2003, but in the wrestling world that feels like 15 years ago. Not to mention that their characters have changed, Cena is now a megastar, and then throw in the Undertaker’s streak at Wrestlemania and it gives you something new and an incredibly intriguing match.

And yes CMS, I sure as hell don't want to see Cena lose to the Undertaker. John Cena is the company's main guy, why would you have him look bad against the Undertaker at Mania and have him lose?
It’s already been stated, but if there was one guy that could end the streak it’s John Cena. Every year people say the Undertaker won’t lose, yet most fans will admit that during the match they always have some doubt.

Even if Cena does lose, so what? Do you honestly think 1 loss will make Cena look bad? Cena just lost 2 big matches on PPV to Randy Orton, and last year in big time face vs. face matches he took clean losses to both Triple H and Batista. He’s proven that he can lose a big match and it won’t hurt his character.

I know he'll look bad because Cena is not a Shawn Michaels, he cannot put on MATCH OF THE YEAR lol
Cena has proven time and time again that he is one of the best big match performers in wrestling today. Like I already stated, throw in what would be an incredible atmosphere and this match would be fantastic. I mean if people loved the Flair/HBK match from 2 years ago, then there is no reason why fans wouldn’t love this match.

I'm surprised they didn't have Taker jobbing to HHH years ago at 'Mania.
Do you ever get tired of making the same stupid comments over and over?

Airfixx

^^^re: The last part... No... Brings fuck all else of substance t'boot.

LKP

Dude, what the hell? Was this a typo or were you being serious?

Random? Yes indeed, i think Jeff will come back has a mitb qualifier with big show and its a double dq or count out and its turns into a feud. David vs Goliath etc. Jeff wins and goes onto a big push yet again.

If this does happen guys i want a shit load of rep of you lot :).

Airfixx

If that happens, I'll leave the damn forum and bribe the admins to transfer all my rep over over to you! lol

But, back to the crux of my orignal "wdf" post.... WHY would you "think" that is gonna happen? ...I don't understand.

LKP

I dont know, i like thinking optimistic, wether im right or wrong. I like to think a bit differently. Like if taker does fight cena at WM26 what will jericho do? Fight edge? if so what happens with cm punk, batista, big show jeff hardy? I like to put random things together at times. I actually have been more right than wrong. Like after the chavo vs santino match this week on raw i said dx would come out and get hornswaggle. What happened? Yeah it could have been obvious but its things like that when im right make me think the way i do. Get me?

Airfixx

Kinda.... At least as much as I'm likely too. :)

"I actually have been more right than wrong."

...Shall I start keeping count? :shifty:

MizMasta3000

Random? Yes indeed, i think Jeff will come back has a mitb qualifier with big show and its a double dq or count out and its turns into a feud. David vs Goliath etc. Jeff wins and goes onto a big push yet again.
If this does happen guys i want a shit load of rep of you lot :).

Because Jeff Hardy really needs Big Show to put him over :lmao

c'mon LKP you can do better than that

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

At this point John Cena is the only person people can buy defeating Undertaker at Mania. Jericho would work better as far as putting on a good match goes but with him it would take 3 codebreakers (one using a steel chair), 2 lionsaults, and a liontamer (legit not that pussified boston crab shit) before people buy it. Not saying Cena's match would be any easier but at least Jericho would know how to fucking sell and make the match good. If it was Cena it would be Tombstone, kickout, stop selling it 10 seconds later, attitude adjustment, win.