Cena vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania...JUST SAY NO!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

How would cena cope int hat match? 4 attitude adjustments? I think that to beat hbk vs taker last year wwe need to book jericho vs taker at Wm26. Cena vs batista, edge vs punk would be a nice touch.

Great One

Did Rock/Hogan help the WWE aside from getting the PPV a few more buys? Not really. Same goes for Taker/HBK at this years Wrestlemania. But you’re going to have a difficult time finding a wrestling fan that didn’t enjoy those matches. If you stop thinking like a smark and think like an actual wrestling fan then I’m sure you’d be a lot more psyched at the possibility of this match.
This quote pretty much summed up the thread and everything. Thank you. When people on internet forums say shit like this and abuse terms that they think makes them more knowledgeable it's so stupid. =/

Lol at gates again too.

xtremebadass

I am not downplaying Cena's wrestling whatsoever. However, we are all fully aware Cena is no Shawn Michaels. Undertaker's ONLY good WM match was against Shawn Michaels. Clearly Taker's opponent determines how good a WM Taker match can be. So we are talking about Cena carrying Taker through this match? Let's be honest here, like I have said before the only good thing is just the CENA vs. TAKER label, other than that this match is going to bomb. If Cena is the variable to whether a Taker match is good or bad at Mania you can pretty much assume it will be bad.

Cena and Taker are alike in many ways, they are only as good as their opponent in their matches. If Cena and Taker really depend on their opponents to make an exciting match, they will cancel each other out because they are the same type of superstar.

noumenon

So Undertaker had good matches with Batista because Batista is a great wrestler..?

The Rated R CMStar

First off, you are downplaying Taker. Taker vs Flair, Taker vs HHH, Taker vs Orton, Taker vs Batista, Taker vs Edge, are we forgetting about those now?

Second, yes, Cena could very well take Taker to a good match. If you compare it to HBK vs Taker, I am sorry but NOT ONE MATCH will match up, not even Y2J vs Taker. But seeing how Cena manages to get a good match out of anybody, it would still be good.

xtremebadass

First off, you are downplaying Taker. Taker vs Flair, Taker vs HHH, Taker vs Orton, Taker vs Batista, Taker vs Edge, are we forgetting about those now?

Second, yes, Cena could very well take Taker to a good match. If you compare it to HBK vs Taker, I am sorry but NOT ONE MATCH will match up, not even Y2J vs Taker. But seeing how Cena manages to get a good match out of anybody, it would still be good.

No, those are memorable matches, I am talking about an all out GREAT wrestling match, in terms of Undertaker WM matches. The only good match, clean, all out wrestling was Shawn Michaels. I liked those other matches, but still this one with Cena will be no different than those other ones. There is way better stuff they can do with these two guys separately.

MizMasta3000

^^Yeah Cena made Miz look so good during their program actually

Admit that the Taker/Edge was a squash

xtremebadass

^^Yeah Cena made Miz look so good during their program actually

Admit that the Taker/Edge was a squash

Seriously that's the only time I actually paid attention to the Miz.

And yes Taker/Edge was a glorified Mania Squash.

noumenon

You can say all you want but regardless of the situation of the match it's a smart decision on WWE's behalf. No one is sure how much longer Taker is going to be around. They may as well capitalize on it with a match against the face of the company at the biggest show of the year. Regardless of whether Cena heels, wins, loses..whatever... this match is going to draw like crazy.

straight_edge76

I wouldn't be surprised if you see a few "If Cena wins we Riot" signs similar to the 2006 ONS. But seriously, this could but the 16-0 streak in jeopardy, being that it could very well be Takers last match It would imo in a way taint his legacy being that one of his title reigns have been all to memorable and having Cena as his opponent I doubt that the WWE would have their biggest draw lose at the biggest event of the year. I'd much rather see Kane/Undertaker III then Cena/Taker.

xtremebadass

You can say all you want but regardless of the situation of the match it's a smart decision on WWE's behalf. No one is sure how much longer Taker is going to be around. They may as well capitalize on it with a match against the face of the company at the biggest show of the year. Regardless of whether Cena heels, wins, loses..whatever... this match is going to draw like crazy.

This would be hard to disagree with don't you think?

PROPER build to face Taker vs. heel Y2J > PROPERbuild to face Cena vs. face Taker (if even possible)

Airfixx

Undertaker's ONLY good WM match was against Shawn Michaels.

Nonsense!

WM8 – Taker v Jake
WM12 – Taker v Diesel (Not often you’ll hear me rate a Diesel match that wasn’t vs Bret Hart!)
WM14 – Taker v Kane
WM17 - Taker v HHH
WM18 – Taker v Flair
WM21 – Taker v Orton
WM23 – Taker v Batista
WM24 – Taker v Edge
WM25 – Taker v HBK

"xtremebadass said:
No, those are memorable matches, I am talking about an all out GREAT wrestling match, in terms of Undertaker WM matches

You're backpeddling, dude... You said his only "GOOD" match to begin with but now your expecting every match of his to be near 5-star quality... Well guess what, with the exception of maybe to or 3 other matches there's been no such matches of THAT quality in WM history!

This would be hard to disagree with don't you think?

PROPER build to face Taker vs. heel Y2J > PROPERbuild to face Cena vs. face Taker (if even possible)

Not from a typical fan perspective... No... Not even close.

I feel as though they would turn Taker feud before Cena

Scary thought that when you consider they could have Cena beat a HEEL Taker in an attempt to get him even more over with the kids.

Wrestling Station

WM23 – Taker v Batista
first time and last time you would put Batista's name in a debate of "good match"? >_> lol

anyway, I think Taker is in his last year of performing, and they are feeding Cena the gold spoon like anything atm. They are just trying to make him the 2nd Rock of the business. But imo the feeding is way too much for him to chew! It would Backfire WWE imo.