Cena = Heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Plus Cena has started using the you cant see me taunt again which i cant really remember him using much as a face coz it goes with his heel gimmick.

HUH? It forms the chorus of his theme music FFS! (...or is he heel atm?)

As phantomgerald said, WWE must be a little concerned about the divided reactions that Cena gets although I would expect them to react long after we'd assume they'd 'have' to.

I guess they have a hell of a lot of $$$s riding on him. The timing of his eventual turn could be extremely infuential in terms of the companies success in the years that immediately follow.

Only problem being, if WWE completely rinse every last drop of Cena's face appeal before considering turning him, could they even expect to get him over successfully as a heel of similar magnitude...?

I mean, will he be too far gone to turn the boos to actual heel heat?

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I had this same thought when I saw how the fans reacted to him, but then again, I think alot of people were surprised to see him. I think it would be really interesting to see him as a heel, but they wont turn him for a really long time, if they do. It makes no sense for them to make Cena a heel, when Orton is getting so much heel heat right now. Its not unheard of to have a heel vs heel match, but its hardly necessary rihgt now. He can go at Orton as a face, and not bother with a turn. He wont win at NWO anyway, so it makes more sense to keep him as a face at least until then. In all honesty, I have never seen Cena as a heel and dont think hed be that good at it, sort of the way Y2J sucks as a face. I think before his injury they may have been contemplating turning him, but not now.

The Rated R CMStar

Concerned? Why, is he selling any less merchandise? Are the boos somehow stopping him from being over? Are people not paying anymore to see events?

Nah, Cena will not turn heel. If anything, Cena will recognize the boos and mention them his promos, as he did back in his feud with Orton and when he returned. Besides, WWE knows Cena gets booed because people are tired of him, not because he is getting heel heat. Hell, Orton got more boos than Cena

kingovkings

Reaction score
IMO if they wanted to switch cena to heel in nxt cpl of weeks they could pull it off coz at the rumble when it was only him n trips in the ring i thought trips was more over as a face than cena was and with trips been face there is room for another heel. But saying that, i dont think they will turn cena heel yet there is no need to at this point in time, the boo's are nothing really cena will just play off them and wind the hater's up even more in promo's. But saying that if the boo's rise and get constant week in week out then maybe they may have to consider a heel change because as stated above it wont look good for a top face to constanly get booed each week and they will also need to get the timing right for a heel change personally id prefere trips to go heel rather than cena but ppl are bored of cena so maybe a change would be good.

Kaedon

Reaction score
What the hell does it matter!? I don't see why they can't have two heels feuding eachother tbh I think it would be good...I hope Cena does turn heel, cause he is much better at it tbh

Because for there to be heat, the crowd has to get behind one person, truly get behind them. If Orton faced a heel Cena, one of them would be the face by default, therefore no one will get behind them, therefore there is no heat in the match, therefore the match will be shit.

tnafan454

Reaction score
i acuialy liked cena as heel like how he came in on sd until he won a title thats when he started to suck he should go back to his opucnh with a chain stealing the match ways

chessarmy

NO, he is making WWE a shit load of money as a babyface so he is going to stay a babyface. The only chance of WWE turning him Heel would be if they are completely desperate for something that would surprise the fans, or if ratings sink to an all time low

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
What happens at NWO will be the ultimate indication of whether or not WWE gives a damn of any of it's over-12 fans. A loss to Orton (in theory) means that he won't be in the WWE title match at WM24, which (again, in theory) means he'll be put into a feud not involving the title for the first time in two years. But if he beats Orton, we might as well stop watching RAW, because it's simply not meant for our age group.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^How do you figure that? There are plenty of people out there over 12 that like Cena. Just because you and a bunch of other people on this web site hate him doesn't mean that everyone else that watches WWE that is over 12 does. I don't love Cena, but I definitely don't hate him as much as I used to. If he wins at NWO I won't be very happy because I like Orton, but it doesn't mean I'll stop watching because the show isn't for my age group.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I can absolutely guarentee that more people above 12 like Orton than they do Cena. You can't deny that Cena is currently being marketed primarily to the single-digit age group. If they make him win just so 9 year olds buy more hats instead of going with the majority's wishes to make Cena finally lose a championship defense (Because that IS the majority desire, whether the likes of CenaMark want to admit it or not), it shows who WWE is more concerned about when it comes to RAW.

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
YES PLEASE!

With the WWE being short on good heels, which honestly is why Orton CANNOT lose the belt right now, I think both Cena AND Jericho need to do a heel turn.

I would have brought Cena right in as a heel though, but not actively at the Rumble.

Instead I would have liked to see them change his gimmick a bit and make him more realistic instead of trying to push him as an action hero/super hero.

Seeing Cena in crowd at house shows and tv tapings, maybe in dark suits with shades, just observing for several weeks and refusing to talk to anyone.

Then have him do a big heel turn on Raw or at one of the PPV's could have been huge IMO. Maybe attacking Triple H, or Michaels to start a great feud leading up to WM.

Tell me a feud like that, with Cena as the heel and one or both of the other two playing babyface wouldn't have some major heat!

HHHforever

Reaction score
I can absolutely guarentee that more people above 12 like Orton than they do Cena. You can't deny that Cena is currently being marketed primarily to the single-digit age group. If they make him win just so 9 year olds buy more hats instead of going with the majority's wishes to make Cena finally lose a championship defense (Because that IS the majority desire, whether the likes of CenaMark want to admit it or not), it shows who WWE is more concerned about when it comes to RAW.

Look I'm not saying that more people above 12 like Cena more than Orton. But let's face it in today's day and age there are more under 12 year old fans than there are over 12. WWE markets there product to that demagraph to an extent. However where I disagree with you is that saying that if Cena wins at NWO people over 12 should stop watching because it's not for them is bull shit to me. Raw is an entire 2 hour show, if you only watch to see the WWE title then you aren't really a fan and you probably shouldn't be watching anyway.

CT Styles

I think Hardy shoulda beat Cena at RR and Cena should of returned and attacked HArdy claiming its his title and they could start a feud that way.

EDIT: Since its whoever wins the NWO match goes to WM to face the winner of the EChamber, what happens if CEna wins via DQ? Will it be a triple threat at wm?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Hmm now that is an interesting thought there. I really think we're setting up for either a triple threat or shockingly we get HHH-Orton, so that secnario may be one of the ways that they could set up a triple threat.