Cena = Heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

What the hell does it matter!? I don't see why they can't have two heels feuding eachother tbh I think it would be good...I hope Cena does turn heel, cause he is much better at it tbh
well.........................face vs face would work. but heel vs heel never does in wrestling. kaedon said it best anyway:

Because for there to be heat, the crowd has to get behind one person, truly get behind them. If Orton faced a heel Cena, one of them would be the face by default, therefore no one will get behind them, therefore there is no heat in the match, therefore the match will be shit.
^^

And TDK, he can be a heel when promoting his movie. Kane did it. It isn't targeted at the children/women anyway. It's an action movie which is probably targeted at the very people who are booing him. Because you know even when you hate Cena you would still watch it.
ROFLMAO. first off, kane was never plain heel. and he was kinda cheered when the movie was released with the may 19th shit. AND, kids would go to the movie just because he is face. if he was heel half of the kids wont. AS FOR ME, i got the marine dvd ok? i watched 20 mins, shouted "SAME OLD SHIT" and threw it away where i still cant find it. and im not making a mistake by trying to watch anything cena again.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I didn't see the Marine and I assume it was horrible. Kane was heel when his movie came out? Also didn't that movie bomb anyway.

CT Styles

The Marine is the shittest movie of all time! It is as shit as shit can get. Cena was face at the time and I think Kane was kind of a tweener, but the fans always cheer for kane.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

kane was mainly face, because no-one booed him, they just cheered. idont see why cena will turn heel now. cena=money

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
he's really 50-50 right now, and has HUGE heat either way... a heel turn would be PERFECT with the right timing and angle... maybe come out to save Jeff's ass against Orton, and then flatten him... somethin'... it could be cool...

HHHforever

Reaction score
^How do you figure he's 50-50? Just because he got some boo's at 2 of the most hostile crowds that the WWE goes to doesn't make him 50-50. Being a heel or a tweener involves action by that person, not 2 Blue crowd's reaction.

wwerko619

Reaction score
A Cena heel would be pretty kool, infact that he is like 100% face. Usually Heels only keep the title for so long, and if Cena is a heel, then im fine with it. Im actually glad that he won the Royal Rumble, I wonder who he will face at Mania......TRIPLE H!

CenaMark54

he's really 50-50 right now, and has HUGE heat either way... a heel turn would be PERFECT with the right timing and angle... maybe come out to save Jeff's ass against Orton, and then flatten him... somethin'... it could be cool...

Its nowhere near 50-50.

More like a 80-20 or 90-10 cheer to boo ratio.

If he turned heel he would just get more cheers becasue the 10% would start to like him. It wouldn't work out too well if your heel was getting cheered.

Now turning him tweener would be another story. Either Orton or Cena needs desperatly to be a tweener.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I can absolutely guarentee that more people above 12 like Orton than they do Cena. You can't deny that Cena is currently being marketed primarily to the single-digit age group. If they make him win just so 9 year olds buy more hats instead of going with the majority's wishes to make Cena finally lose a championship defense (Because that IS the majority desire, whether the likes of CenaMark want to admit it or not), it shows who WWE is more concerned about when it comes to RAW.

Where is your proof of this?

MC Rae

Reaction score
I think this is a difficult situation, I want WWE to turn Cena heel but I can't see it happening soon. People have to pick up on TDK's point about his new movie and how him being heel may hurt It's sales and such forth and as long as Cena's selling t-shirts and action figures like hot cakes, he will stay face.

I'm sure a heel turn will come but not in the forseeable future in my opinion.

C4

They should turn John Cena heel, if the crowd hates him then let them hate him, they can't drag it anymore. Just like they couldn't drag the heel gimmick of Hulk Hogan in the early 80's. Hogan was heel but the crowd cheered for him and McMahon Sr. then had no choice back then , so he turned Hulk Hogan face, so do the same thing with John Cena - turn him heel.

Again, Hogan screwed the fans and joined the nWo at Bash at the beach 96' they can do the same thing with John Cena with a similar storyline of Cena screwing the fans, Cena is booed where ever he goes these days and he should be heel.

Enigma22

Reaction score
he actually got a good face reaction i thought yesterday on raw... not from everyone but it was by far mostly cena fans...

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
^How do you figure he's 50-50? Just because he got some boo's at 2 of the most hostile crowds that the WWE goes to doesn't make him 50-50. Being a heel or a tweener involves action by that person, not 2 Blue crowd's reaction.

50-50 as far as fan reaction, not whether he is heel or face... I mean half the world hates him, half the world loves him... I can see why you misunderstood me though...

HHHforever

Reaction score
50-50 as far as fan reaction, not whether he is heel or face... I mean half the world hates him, half the world loves him... I can see why you misunderstood me though...

Oh okay I understand you now. However I somewhat disagree. I think Cena is a very interesting wrestler as far as crowd reaction is concerned. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say half the world loves him, half hates him. It really depends on where you're at. I mean MSG and Philly boo'd the crap out of him, but thos are only two places. Texas went nuts when he came out. I would say he's about 70-30 love to hate. There are some extreme places where 90% of the people hate him and will boo him. But there are a lot more places where 90% of the people love him. Really it just depends on where he's at. As much as I'd love for him to go heel right now from a business perspective it doesn't really make sense and I can't see it happening.

jmt225

Reaction score
When I got home from work Friday I decided to pop in some Lesnar matches and one of them happened to be against Cena from Backlash 2003 (the night The Rock faced off against Goldberg). The match wasn't very good, but my God... Cena was a fantastic heel back then.

My one and only problem with Cena is that he comes off as such a kiss ass during his promos. "I missed hearing "Cena Sucks" so much, blah blah blah." How fucking gay is that? He should shoot on those blueberries that boo him.

I guarantee if Cena were to turn heel, all these 'smarks' would be all over his dick just like before. It ALWAYS happened with The Rock, and I'm positive it'd happen with Cena.

Before somebody says, "Yeah, but... Cena is WWE's main money getter, why would WWE ever turn him heel?" I'll tell you why: There's this unbelievable babyface for him to feud with that would be a license to print money, and his name is Jeff Hardy. A heel John Cena vs. a babyface Jeff Hardy would do wonders for WWE. But it would have to be a long-term feud like Austin vs. Bret, and not just some brush off bullshit like WWE has done since 2001. They're always in such a rush to get feuds over with and have the champ feud with someone else. That's ridiculous.

Also, if Cena were to turn heel, whoever he's feuding with merchandise would go up, and I think he'd draw more ratings and pay-per-view buys as a heel as well. People underestimate how much a great heel can truly draw, and WWE has always had that problem. Vince believes that the superhero is the one that draws the crowd, but Roddy Piper deserves as much credit as Hogan gets for Wrestlemania. If Hogan was facing off against somebody the fans didn't hate, then the show wouldn't have drawn half as much as it did.