Cena Challenges Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

Over the past year, John Cena has been very vocal about his feelings towards Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and how he's turned his back on the wrestling industry. Cena has called The Rock out on several occasions, saying The Rock has gone back on his word that he'd always remember the fans who made him a star. Now, Cena wants to settle their score in the ring.

In an interview with MTV, Cena said he wants to wrestle The Rock Dwayne Johnson at WrestleMania 26 for a one-night-only showdown of action stars. "I've been trying to wrestle him," Cena told MTV's Josh Horowitz. "It's not that he won't accept the challenge. He truly has a full plate."

Cena then set a date for the possible showdown and revealed that he's not even that confident that he could beat the Great One. "What a better showdown .. Dwayne Johnson, or The Rock, or whatever he wants to be called .. versus John Cena at, let's say, WrestleMania 26. I'm not even saying I'm going to win. He's a hell of an athlete. God-given ability. One of the nicest people ever to grace a WWE ring. I'd just like to get him back for a night."

MikeRaw

That'd be an awesome match. Call me crazy, but I'd prefer to see Rock vs Cena over Austin vs Cena.

noumenon

Hell yeah. Especially since Rock is still perfectly healthy...if not..in better shape than when he was wrestling.
And we all know Cena is the guy filling that huge marketing void that Rock left behind, seems only fitting.

JimmyD

Reaction score
If The Rock came back, even if only for a night, I would mark the fuck out.

Ironically one of the reasons I don't like Cena is because he pales in comparison to The Rock, but I'd still love to see them square off against one another.

MikeRaw

@ Montana:Why? A year ago, Cena wasn't exactly an "action star". A year ago, Cena was hated hugely by the fans. A year ago, Cena's matches were less watchable.
Unless you have some other reason it should've hapened a year ago, I can't understand why. Cena's popularity is better now than it has been since 2006, and his matches are improving, and now he has anothe rmovie under his belt. By next year, it'd be a great time for a match.

@ Jimmy: Are you serious. You don't like Cena because he pales in comparison to the Rock? That's not his fault, it's yours. He never asked to be compared to the Rock. He's just doing his job. It doesn't make sense to hate someone because they aren't as good as someone else. The only way that would make sense is if Cena was saying he's as good as, or better than The Rock. But ya, Rock>Cena, but there's really not even a need to compare.

noumenon

^^There's no doubt in my mind as much as everyone gets on his ass for "abandoning" the WWE everyone would mark the fuck out...c'mon...it's The fuckin Rock.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

The question now is.......

would The Rock accept?

Or will Rikishi do it for him?

xtremebadass

As long as the Rock refuses to answer John Cena will continue to do this. Hell, Vince McMahon is probably telling Cena to irritate the Rock and nag at him over and over until the Rock finally comes back to have a match. Cena will continue to make this issue bigger and bigger until the Rock can't ignore it anymore. This is going to be very interesting whether or not this does happen, I just love to hear John Cena bitching out people.

Reaction score
Cena vs. Rock = My dream feud.

The promos would be awesome... let Cena rap!

straight_edge76

If the Rock and rapping Cena would return for even one night I would mark the hell out. The Rock and rapping Cena are easily two of my favorite characters of all time.

JimmyD

Reaction score
@ Jimmy: Are you serious. You don't like Cena because he pales in comparison to the Rock? That's not his fault, it's yours. He never asked to be compared to the Rock. He's just doing his job. It doesn't make sense to hate someone because they aren't as good as someone else. The only way that would make sense is if Cena was saying he's as good as, or better than The Rock. But ya, Rock>Cena, but there's really not even a need to compare.

I didn't say it was his fault Mike, but I also reserve the right to dislike someone because they're not as good as one of my all-time favourite wrestlers. I respect the guys work rate and commitment, and his ability to improve himself both in-ring and character wise over the last two years has been astounding, but I started watching wrestling when Bret Hart was about and was there for Stone Cold and The Rock. As far as I'm concerned (and it annoys me as much as it could ever annoy anyone else) a main event face is going to have to do a hell of a job to meet the standards his predecessors have set.

C4

I don't think The Rock will return to the ring ever again. He is happy with his career outside the wrestling world, why would he want to go back inside the ring?

Maybe for his Hall of Fame induction but not for a match with John Cena. But if it would happen (which is very unlikely) as Jimmy said, I'd mark the fuck out.

Let's just wait and watch what happens.