Castlevania Mafia - Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
why? tl:dr me
his wagons feel like safe spots for him to park and not do anything else or have to take responsibility for who town lynches

Also he town leaned me after sussing me quite a bit all game and pointing out that I focus on him as scum and then backed off it after I quoted his town lean on me and implied he was planning to shoot me rather than mislynch me

just doesn't feel GENUINE

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Evans

I can be your long lost pal
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
breh how do you think indys tend to play?

Depends on the individual, but they tend to replicate their town meta. I addressed this here with Poyser

Yeah, I understand this.

But @Showtime made some excellent points about how players try to replicate their town game whilst scum/indie and it's difficulty.
I'd also look into the ISO's I link from Big Man's last few games. Even his traitor game is broadly different to his direct town roles.

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
his wagons feel like safe spots for him to park and not do anything else or have to take responsibility for who town lynches

Also he town leaned me after sussing me quite a bit all game and pointing out that I focus on him as scum and then backed off it after I quoted his town lean on me and implied he was planning to shoot me rather than mislynch me

just doesn't feel GENUINE

I agree, it's lacking that town leadership role Poyser tends to take.

Showtime

Reaction score
Big Man hasn't submitted any town lists either Jeff.

Also, you're saying you like his posts, yet he contradicts himself here:

His first post is on about interactions as opposed to the wagons. But surely the logic he's applying to the Rugrat wagon would also apply to the Haza wagon?

evans my guy, as chr1st0 used to say, comparisons are odious.

one player doing x doesnt mean it's just as scummy for x player doing. one player not doing x, doesn't mean it's just as scummy for x player doing it. same for town related things.

rugrat bases his entire play around making town read lists, he says this all the time and has said this all the time.

Rugrat19/06/2020
Town reads is the only way to play

Rugrat07/06/2020

[10:59]
Yeah I find best use of D1 is to get town reads

Rugrat23/04/2020
I only do strong town reads

^discord

the reason jeff is asking for his read list is because it's literally his playstyle. it is not literally big man's playstyle.

Trying to justify a quick near end of D1 wagon redirect from Haza to Rugrat.

Also, the bolded line about how we'd be able to clear Ace & Chris off of his interactions yet he follows up then with:

What are your thoughts on these points @Jeff Valley Driver? Can you explain why Rugrat is a better direction as opposed to this?

do you really think trying to clear players is what's on scum's mind when trying to push a mislynch? srs question. does that not seem like a town mindset to you?

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Showtime

Reaction score
this a bit interesting. @Poyser your thoughts on Magic not wanting to lynch ace clearly here. also these points on banez dont look great in retrospect?

why dont my points on banez not look great in retrospect?

banez wasn't reading properly and accusing me of dumb shit.

"why use my role on inactives"->to clear people. id probably not hint at it and clear as many people as possible instead of trying to find scum. it's ideal hider play as more people being cleared is less people that can be mislynched where as dying is pretty much a one for one exchange at best.

he also asked why i would suggest it over hiding behind haza. i did suggest he could hide behind haza as then if they shot haza we at least also clear up some poe anyway.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hard to see a scenario where magic/cp are this glaringly scum together :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
why dont my points on banez not look great in retrospect?

banez wasn't reading properly and accusing me of dumb shit.

"why use my role on inactives"->to clear people. id probably not hint at it and clear as many people as possible instead of trying to find scum. it's ideal hider play as more people being cleared is less people that can be mislynched where as dying is pretty much a one for one exchange at best.

he also asked why i would suggest it over hiding behind haza. i did suggest he could hide behind haza as then if they shot haza we at least also clear up some poe anyway.

nah I agree, I even thought to add at the time : but banez made a pretty good job of looking shit. which he did. i sussed him, even.

I also agree regarding hider usage. he was outed (well outed himself, for ??? reason). at that point u may as well stfu n try to clear town and not try to be a hero and give scum an easy double kill. ppl even mentioned it in thread iirc. happened to me when sky hid behind me and i was town, long ago.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
What were poyser's reasons for reading banez town again, btw?

Showtime

Reaction score
Why the fuck was OMB janitored he just joined the game :lmao

I like the Big Man direction though, EV's quotes especially look pretty bad for him. He also had one post defending me that I thought was kinda meh about "maybe CP said something to get him to vote" when we'd already discussed that and it seemed like really forcing a town read. He also like a few of my posts during the back and forth with Poyser and after reanalyzing everyone that was also sus of Poyser I'm much less confident in that. CP and Haza were the only other two to vote IIRC. CP kept going at Banez later after the claim which obviously doesn't look good in hindsight. Haza doesn't look as bad really, I don't know if he goes defending Big Man like this if they're both scum when the wagon has just started, think he'd at least try and offer a different direction like Rugrat instead of just defending Big Man to try and steer people away.

Vote Big Man

this reaction looks town to the janitor as chris doesn't understand why it would happen.

could be faked, but idk, SEEMS GENUINE.

(you janitor someone that hasn't hinted at their role at all so it doesn't help with any given direction while getting a claim, killing someone that has had zero input means town gets absolutely nothing out of the flip)

Evans

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
evans my guy, as chr1st0 used to say, comparisons are odious.

one player doing x doesnt mean it's just as scummy for x player doing. one player not doing x, doesn't mean it's just as scummy for x player doing it. same for town related things.

rugrat bases his entire play around making town read lists, he says this all the time and has said this all the time.

Rugrat19/06/2020
Town reads is the only way to play

Rugrat07/06/2020

[10:59]
Yeah I find best use of D1 is to get town reads

Rugrat23/04/2020
I only do strong town reads

^discord

the reason jeff is asking for his read list is because it's literally his playstyle. it is not literally big man's playstyle.

do you really think trying to clear players is what's on scum's mind when trying to push a mislynch? srs question. does that not seem like a town mindset to you?

This is fair.

The point about Rugrat not giving a list and Big Man not I still think is fair in the context of that post.

Jeff found it erroneous that Rugrat hadn't put up a reads list yet but neither had Big Man. This was in addition to my points raised at first as well as the contradictory quotes that followed. The comparison or lack of list from Big Man was never meant to be the central point to focus on.

In regards to "clear players" - I don't think Big Man had ever any intentions of clearing those players. Discrediting the info to come from Haza's flip (if Haza is scum) and then 180'ing that thought process by trying to push the Rugrat direction is absolutely a scum play.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Hard to see a scenario where magic/cp are this glaringly scum together :heston
Really? I don't necessarily think that's true. Don't they often interact pretty heavily in-game? They would probably know it would look odd if they didn't. (another not out of scum range instance)

Showtime

Reaction score
This is fair.

The point about Rugrat not giving a list and Big Man not I still think is fair in the context of that post.

Jeff found it erroneous that Rugrat hadn't put up a reads list yet but neither had Big Man. This was in addition to my points raised at first as well as the contradictory quotes that followed. The comparison or lack of list from Big Man was never meant to be the central point to focus on.

In regards to "clear players" - I don't think Big Man had ever any intentions of clearing those players. Discrediting the info to come from Haza's flip (if Haza is scum) and then 180'ing that thought process by trying to push the Rugrat direction is absolutely a scum play.

evans im pretty sure he was being sarcastic in those other posts about not getting anything from flips because i think banez made a bad point about how you wouldnt get anything from a rugrat flip so he was mocking that sort of thinking :heston

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
yeah that's what it appears like. "fuck me if scum banez comes after me like that"

Status
Not open for further replies.