Cary Silkin doesn't think current ROH is being treated well

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I hope they find a way to make it more prominent.

There’s a lot of good talent that isn’t being seen by enough eyes.

Someone like Athena should not be in Ring of Honor

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Fucking finally @Canadian Dragon. Dedicated tapings, in my opinion is literally the most important step.

Also, extremely pleased to hear that it’s not just that they’re doing dedicated tapings but they’re going to intentionally try to give the brand more care moving forward.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fucking finally @Canadian Dragon. Dedicated tapings, in my opinion is literally the most important step.

Also, extremely pleased to hear that it’s not just that they’re doing dedicated tapings but they’re going to intentionally try to give the brand more care moving forward.
nothing works without the dedicated tapings, without it , its just a show with ppl available on saturdays and that kinda stinks.
\
all this is good news assuming it all comes to fruition - and boy has it been a long time coming. Hope they also get a better place to stream down the line to come with this news, because the paywall sucks id rather pay on youtube or smth.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's kinda funny how much better ROH was at Universal yet Dark was so much better taped before live TV and sucked at Universal lol but ROH shouldn't be Dark is the issue

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Dedicated tapings I feel is even more important than the Branded roster. Which I still don’t think would be hard for Tony to do either because the AEW roster is large enough that he could send a dozen or more AEW wrestlers and make them permanent ring of honor guys and mix them in with the guys that are currently kind of only in Ring of Honor, as well as maybe even bring in some Indy guys who’ve never appeared in a AEW and just bring them directly into Ring of Honor. Sort of like with MxM.

That being said, even if Tony didn’t want to do a hard line brand split right now just having a taping for Ring of Honor where they can start promoting and building weekly stories that take place on every show and also building ones that culminate in long-term monthly stories that we can pay off at the PLEs instead of building to the show two weeks out from it is vital.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Dedicated tapings I feel is even more important than the Branded roster. Which I still don’t think would be hard for Tony to do either because the AEW roster is large enough that he could send a dozen or more AEW wrestlers and make them permanent ring of honor guys and mix them in with the guys that are currently kind of only in Ring of Honor, as well as maybe even bring in some Indy guys who’ve never appeared in a AEW and just bring them directly into Ring of Honor. Sort of like with MxM.

That being said, even if Tony didn’t want to do a hard line brand split right now just having a taping for Ring of Honor where they can start promoting and building weekly stories that take place on every show and also building ones that culminate in long-term monthly stories that we can pay off at the PLEs instead of building to the show two weeks out from it is vital.

That's exactly what the first few months in Universal was, it was so promising until they stopped taping there. I was calling it the best weekly wrestling show for a bit

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ll be honest, I’m not too worried yet about getting ring of honor off of the streaming service. If you put it on YouTube, that would be even better but mainly, I do kind of like having shows that I can watch on apps but also I love the Ring of Honor video library being available. I don’t want Tony to close it if he feels like it’s not worth it if he moves the TV off of it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's exactly what the first few months in Universal was, it was so promising until they stopped taping there. I was calling it the best weekly wrestling show for a bit
Damn shame that they stop doing that especially with the history with TNA using them as well. It was collision being added to the schedule is why they stopped doing that again?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Damn shame that they stop doing that especially with the history with TNA using them as well. It was collision being added to the schedule is why they stopped doing that again?

Collision being added and the new WBD exclusivity that killed Dark and Elevation (the real start of the decline of the company, they were the backbone)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's kinda funny how much better ROH was at Universal yet Dark was so much better taped before live TV and sucked at Universal lol but ROH shouldn't be Dark is the issue
lol bang on post tbh

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Collision being added and the new WBD exclusivity that killed Dark and Elevation (the real start of the decline of the company, they were the backbone)
unironically agree with this and think they did too much too fast without concrete plans in place

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
lol bang on post tbh

I just remember begging for them to stop the universal tapings for Dark and begging them to go back for ROH like 6 months later lol but it's bc ROH had actual stories there, Dark didn't so it was just cold matches

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just remember begging for them to stop the universal tapings for Dark and begging them to go back for ROH like 6 months later lol but it's bc ROH had actual stories there, Dark didn't so it was just cold matches
That’s wild that I didn’t even know that about the universal tapings actually having stories. Do you remember roughly the timeframe for that is because I kind of want to check out those episodes?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
hey now...we got a singular year long storie on dark with Brendon vs Peter Avalon...so that's....something!

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
That’s wild that I didn’t even know that about the universal tapings actually having stories. Do you remember roughly the timeframe for that is because I kind of want to check out those episodes?
the universal tapings for dark didnt really have stories either I think Chris was saying he wanted roh to go back there because roh was doing stories but they were all over the place due to the roster being not all in the same place (or theyd forget after a few weeks cuz they were busy with 2 other shows and cm punk drama)