Carlos Condit-Nick Diaz Agree To Rematch; Rematch Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The Nevada State Athletic Commission has confirmed that someone tested positive for a banned substance in drug testing at UFC 143. What has not yet been confirmed is who that someone was, or what that substance was.

In an e-mail to the media sent on Thursday, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer acknowledged that there has been great sustained interest in knowing what the results of drug tests were at UFC 143, and he confirmed that someone tested positive. But he declined to elaborate further than that.

"Thank you for the many email and phone calls. I am still waiting for all the steroid and drug test results to come back. We did have at least one positive test. I will send out an email later today on that matter," Kizer said in his e-mail, in which the word "many" was bolded.

What is still unknown is what the test result was, what the consequences will be for the fighter who tested positive, and whether any appeals are forthcoming.

Just have that gut feeling Diaz got busted for something, and now with the Athletic commission coming out and saying one fighter did test positive for something just leads me to believe it was Nick.

It just kind of explains everything to do with him not wanting to take the Condit rematch anymore.

I guess they're going to release the results, and who tested positive later on today.

Last edited:

Dademo

Reaction score
It had to be weed, and it sucks because this is gonna fuck up the rematch for sure.

Diaz's bitchfit gets him another title shot? Pretty obvious who Zuffa wanted to win lastweek.

I don't think it's that, I think it's more of the fact that a Condit/Ellenberger or Condit/Sanchez PPV won't sell for shit, while a rematch would. No way should Condit wait until November for GSP, he's gotta fight sometime in the summer, and he wants to. What better fight than the rematch of the first fight which was a close decision, and could have gone either way?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yep it was Diaz, tested positive for marijuna Has a hearing in April and is temporarily suspended right now but could face a year long suspension.

Guaranteed he'll be suspended, this is his second time for the same thing but they're talking about possibly not suspending him the full year.

I don't think it's that, I think it's more of the fact that a Condit/Ellenberger or Condit/Sanchez PPV won't sell for shit, while a rematch would. No way should Condit wait until November for GSP, he's gotta fight sometime in the summer, and he wants to. What better fight than the rematch of the first fight which was a close decision, and could have gone either way?

Condit and the winner of Diego Sanchez/Jake Ellenberger will likely be slotted to fight Condit if he chooses to fight before GSP

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Dana White's Statement on Diaz's drug test failure:

“I am beyond disappointed that he tested positive for marijuana,” said White in a prepared statement. “It is now in the hands of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.”

It was a simple, almost bland statement from White, who is know for his fiery personality, but you could almost see the disappointment dripping from it.

"What happens next is anyone’s best guess. Most likely, Condit will go back into the expected holding pattern, waiting for Georges St-Pierre to return sometimes around October or November. Condit and his manager, Malki Kawa of First Round Management, are slated to meet with me in Las Vegas on Friday.'

“As for Carlos and what’s next for his future, we’ll definitely discuss that with the UFC and Dana White in the coming days,” Kawa told MMAWeekly.com.

And i was thinking the whole controversy surrounding this fight doesn't matter anymore, and it wouldn't have mattered if Diaz won the title or not because the decision would've gotten reversed anyways because he failed the drug test.

This sucks though, he fucked everything up if he gets suspended for a year when he's in the prime of his career, that's no good.

Diaz :fp:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Diaz isn't too bright. Going to cost himself a great opportunity in UFC and I wonder if he will even stick with UFC if he does get suspended for a year. Might actually go through with that retirement from MMA.

Dademo

Reaction score
Condit and the winner of Diego Sanchez/Jake Ellenberger will likely be slotted to fight Condit if he chooses to fight before GSP

Yes I'm aware of that, hence why I said a PPV with either of those two fights won't sell for shit. But Nick fucked up, so all those plans for a rematch are out the window. He was probably ripped while fighting, that's the funniest part.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If he was high, he is Blue. He didn't win the fight with Condit and anyone who says otherwise is smoking something as well.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Why the rematch? It wasn't controversial, Diaz was beaten by a sound gameplan. If they fight again I can't see Diaz or Condit doing anything differently. Diaz has fought like that his entire career. I really don't see a reason for this rematch. Btw this will be the second time Condit has been denied a title shot he was promised.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“As far as Diaz, of course I would like to fight him because he thinks he’s better than me,” St. Pierre told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I think I’m better than him. But I think he should not retire. He did all of the sacrifice in his life to be where he’s at right now. He’s at the highest point of his career, and if he retires now, he’s left a lot of money on the table that could pay for all of the sacrifices he has made during all those years. I think the sport of mixed martial arts needs a guy like him.”

Condit defeated Diaz via unanimous decision -- a call that Diaz clearly disagreed with. St. Pierre watched the bout but didn’t score it. He complimented both fighters, and although he hoped to fight Diaz, he now wants to take on Condit.

“Of course because of the emotion I wanted to fight Diaz, but now I want to fight Condit,” St. Pierre said. “I want to fight the best man, and the best man is Condit.”

Still think we'll see the Diaz/GSP fight but it wont' be for a very long time which sucks Diaz looking at a year long suspension.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If it can make UFC money then it will eventually be booked. Be interesting if Condit can manage to beat GSP, some of his focus seems to be on Diaz rather than completely on Condit which is never good.