Carlito Talks About Drunken Fight with Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Former WWE Star Carlito appeared this week on MLW's Konnan Show. Carlito talked for the first time about an after hours fight that took place with John Cena.

"I actually had a fight with [John] Cena. I forget where it was, but we got into a fight. A drunken fist fight. He told me I wasn't applying myself. He said I should be at a higher level. I didn't punch him because I'm not going to punch the face of the company. It was more like a drunken fight. I don't think we were out to hurt each other. I was just defending myself, but Cena, he's strong as hell."

"He jumped at me first. They ended up separating us about three times. I felt like he and I had always been close. I think he just wanted to see me do better. Cena is one of those guys that's a top guy, but he wants to see other guys. He doesn't try to hold guys down, he wants to see them come up."

I was listening expecting to finally here about the night club stabbing

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Good to see someone not with the company reiterating that Cena is an unselfish guy. Eat you heart out Cena haters.

Also, I thought the stabbing was entirely kayfabe? You talking about the thing with Jesus?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah thus the green font. The story was decent and yes makes it half seem like a club story (which SD half assed). It was still funny to hear he and Cena got into it because Carlito wasnt applying himself, but I guess I can see why he felt that way

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I always liked Carlito even if he sounds bitter sometimes on twitter or has a reputation of being lazy. He was a good talent but simply never fully got it in terms of being a huge star. This is a cool story for all the Cena haters (Hatred especially).

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not gonna lie the bar stabbing storyline popped in my mind too when I saw the title lol. Sounds like this was around 07 or something like that.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd say I'm with the bar thing when I read the thread title as well.

However, Cena saw it just like all we did that Carlito was a lazy guy with a lot of talent. He was trying to bring his best out of him even if it wasn't in the best of scenes. Cena is a class act even drunk.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pity that this little drunken fight didn't actually convince Carlito to apply himself. Anyone else suprised that Carlito still hasn't made it back to WWE or even to TNA yet?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Pity that this little drunken fight didn't actually convince Carlito to apply himself. Anyone else suprised that Carlito still hasn't made it back to WWE or even to TNA yet?

No because he doesn't care right now. He's said on Cabana's podcast and MVP's youtube channel that he's enjoying the Indys right now. Only if they use him, he'll go back to WWE.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I still don't like Cena, never will. It's not a matter of hate, I just don't like him. Carlito had talent, WWE didn't really utilize it. I'd love to see Carlito come back as a heel to possibly bring back that storyline. Would be awesome.

AF.

Reaction score
I almost had a punch on with my best mate after a few drinks. It happens. Alcohol does that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still don't like Cena, never will. It's not a matter of hate, I just don't like him. Carlito had talent, WWE didn't really utilize it. I'd love to see Carlito come back as a heel to possibly bring back that storyline. Would be awesome.

How is disliking someone not a matter of hate? And it wasn't a matter of WWE not utilizing Carlito, like Cena said, Carlito was lazy and didn't apply himself. If he did, who knows, he could be where Punk is right now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Regardless of his laziness, I seriously doubt he would have ever been on Punk's level considering he wasn't near as charismatic nor half the wrestler. He definitely could have done better than jobbing to Finlay, but that isn't saying a whole lot. His career was a rare occurrence of a guy starting out red hot and destined for greatness, then skydiving completely off the radar.

Still, can't imagine how drunk he must have been to get in a fight with Cena. Carlito is no small guy by any means, but he's a welterweight compared to Cena. I wonder if Cena really jumped first or if some details are "clouded" from that night. Seems like Cena basically calling him a screw up would have made Carlito jump first....

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I would seriously advise anyone who hasn't listened to his appearance on Cabana's podcast or his appearance on MVP's Youtube channel if you're able to find it as he's closed his channel.

He actually seems like such a cool guy despite how bitter he comes across as at times on Twitter which he also talks about. What I admire about the guy is that he wasn't happy about being on the sidelines just picking up his salary which is why he tried numerous times to quit the company but they wouldn't let him. If my memory serves me right, he was doing anything he could do to get himself I fired I think.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Dale nailed it right there. Carlito is just a laid back guy but wants to work. He's not afraid to say his opinion either which is always fun to see. He's one of the non WWE guys I'm rooting for to do something big along with MVP, Morrison, Cabana, Gallows, Benjamin, and Compton. These are good guys that have been with the company and should still be with the company or at least doing something major. I know MVP is happy in Japan and I think Compton has legit hatred for WWE but other than that, I think every guy would love to be back in WWE but other than Morrison who knows who comes back.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I watched that Youtube interview a while back and was disappointed in how much of a mong MVP is IRL.

Constantly talks over his 'guests' and is a huge cocksucker.

Carlito is awesome though, could of been the next Rock.