Capello resigns as England manager

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager, the Football Association has confirmed.
Capello resigned after a meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein and general secretary Alex Horne at Wembley.
An FA statement read: "The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England manager."
On Monday, the Italian publicly challenged the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the captaincy.
The FA's statement continued: "The discussions focused on the FA Board's decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello's response through an Italian broadcast interview.
"In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio's resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England manager with immediate effect."
Bernstein said: "I would like to stress that during [the] meeting and throughout his time as England manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner.
"We have accepted Fabio's resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future."
A media conference with Bernstein and the Club England management team will take place at Wembley Stadium on Thursday at 1200 GMT.
The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

BBC.co.uk

On one hand, good it's been clear for a while now he shouldn't be manager anymore.

On the other.....

What an absolute shambles. His faith in John Terry is staggering to the point that I really hope Terry is innocent at this point. If not, Terry can kiss his international career and any respect he has left goodbye. You'd have to think he'd be innocent at this point if this is the damage he's willing to do to clear his name.

Meanwhile, we're less than 6 months away from Euro 2012 without a manager, a captain, and the national team in disarray. Brilliant....

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
At this rate betting against England in every match at Euro 2012 seems a good prospect. Shouldn't this guy have been jettisoned long ago?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Realistically yes. But his contract was too costly to break so the FA had to wait for him to walk.

Which I think we can agree has worked out well.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Wonder who the next manager will be, I'm hoping for Harry Redknap.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Realistically yes. But his contract was too costly to break so the FA had to wait for him to walk.

Which I think we can agree has worked out well.

Yeah, that's for the best. Too bad it had to happen so close to Euro 2012 but in all fairness, did you really think you had a shot at winning the whole thing this year?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Fuji, I felt better about our chances before this happened. He still had a damaged reputation to repair after all. Redemption and all that.

Trent, Harry and Mourinho have to be the favourites but both are likely to be tied to their clubs until the end of the season leaving little time to prepare for the Euro's.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Fuji, I felt better about our chances before this happened. He still had a damaged reputation to repair after all. Redemption and all that.

On the bright side their group doesn't appear to pose much of a challenge. I of course will be cheering for Ukraine as I am half-Ukrainian.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hang on, how much Argentinian and Canadian are you? How bloody tropical are you? :lol:

I'm not Argentinian at all, I just lived there for awhile. I'm half Scottish, half Ukrainian and born in Canada so 100% hoser. :lol:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Holy crap that's a fun mix of cultures

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Holy crap that's a fun mix of cultures

Well it certainly makes for interesting family get together's. Plus there's the whole Chinese/Japanese side of my wife's family, so yeah, we are truly multi-cultural.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
France will pose a real threat in Englands group so we do need a good manager, Idk if Stuart Pearce would be able to take us all the way.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Plus he's got the Olympics to worry about.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yep, The FA are in a real pickle here.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
My opinion? Hiddink as a temp until the end of the Euro's, then see after the tournament.