Can the Nexus angle last until Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Reaction score
As the thread title asks, do you guys think the Nexus angle could last until Wrestlemania? I certainly think its possible, think of all the singles match combinations they could do, all leading up to Wade Barrett vs John Cena, a match I'm personally looking forward to seeing once the feud hits it's climax.

So what do you guys think? Could this Nexus deal last until Wrestlemania 28? It has the potential to do so, but will it happen?

...god...

Reaction score
No, it's boring as fuck already. The longer this goes on, the more the flaws of this awkward ass group begin to show. The quicker it breaks down, the quicker we'll know who is actually going to be make it somewhere (Wade) and who isn't. The quicker that someone will also have more time to be built up because we all know this feud will NOT end up in Nexus winning. The reason this angle has gotten as far as it has isn't because of Nexus, but the plethora of fucking mic workers and talent on the opposite end (no, not Bret Hart) and the ridiculous amounts of effort WWE has actually put into something, having these guys just randomly beating up everybody and taking up and revolving 80% of the show around them, even though they look Blue. Also the countless possibilities of swerves and 'mysteries' are keeping it fresh but seriously how long will those last? The limo driver wasn't even explained and the 'secret leader' thing altogether may have even been dropped or certainly not mentioned.

chessarmy

Reaction score
^ Maybe the mystery GM has something to do with Nexus? Also, I'll reiterate that the amount of potential match ups this feud could bring may lead it to Wrestlemania. Granted, you may find it boring, but there's enough content for WWE to make it happen

...god...

Reaction score
Well it really depends on your opinion of content. The WWE 'universe' consists of <13 year old ADD kids who you could feed ANY situation with Cena in some type of distress and make it last a life time. So yeah, I mean, of course you COULD make this last, like anything. But I really see the fans not giving a shit for the most part. I guess we'll find out in the Summerslam buys which I personally think are going to be the worst buys in over a decade.

Also, unless they throw some big swerve, it's like 99% confirmed that Michael Cole is the GM and it's been pretty fair as far as who he gives the advantage too. I mean, it's not blatantly one sided for the Nexus.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I don't think it could last until Wrestlemania. Last for quite a while? Yeah, but I don't think they could stretch it that far and keep it interesting.

If they drop the whole wolf pack tactics of needing the odds to be 7 on 7 at all times then it could work. Separate the Nexus up a bit and let them have their own individual goals and aspirations. Let Heath Slater & Darren Young or Skip Sheffield & Michael Tarver form tag teams and go for the belts in some way or another. David Otunga could definitely go for the United States championship, no problem. Justin Gabriel could make some interesting feuds and matches with Evan Bourne based off of wanting to be "The Best High Flyer In The WWE" and of course, Wade Barrett is already being pushed as a de factor main event superstar with his leadership qualities and capability of hanging toe to toe with Edge & pinning Mark Henry clean.

Basically, as individuals, pursuing their own goals, yet remaining a stable unit, they could have this Nexus angle last for a long long time. As long as they ever want it to be. Even making an entire PPV or 3 Hour RAW Special all based around 5-7 matches involving members of the Nexus Vs. members of the WWE.

But as a singular 7 man unit, all collectively beating down random guys each week, it's already started to get old. I'd personally rather see them freshen up the current storyline as suggested above rather than just scrapping the storyline as a failure altogether.

Doomsday

Reaction score
The Nexus is the worst Idea since going PG.
So yeah... It has the potential to last years.

Reaction score
WWE can't keep a storyline going for a month before fucking it up. The Nexus Storyline could have gone a year if someone intelligent and competent was booking it.

Reaction score
This storyline is GREAT, personally.

It could go for a long time if booked correctly.

I wish they had brought the Nexus storyline into the "Who took out the Undertaker" storyline, but they already predictably ruined that possibility by turning Kane heel *AGAIN*. If Nexus had gone over Team WWE (which it SHOULD HAVE!!) they could have moved to Smackdown, merging into the Kane/Undertaker storyline.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Nexus lost... It's pretty much over for all intents and purposes. What remains? At the very most, a title reign for Barret (don't expect anything convincing - See Sheamus), some in-fighting and some releases in the post-mania clear out..

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well even though they lost at Summerslam they just had an entire episode of RAW dedicated to them beating the entire Team WWE is singles and tag matches, minus Darren Young. I'm going to enjoy not having to see his stupid haircut anymore on my TV. While the Nexus is still 6 members strong, all showing capabilities of hanging with the WWE Elite. Of course everyone except for Wade Barrett didn't go over clean, because as I previously mentioned Barrett is already being pushed as a main event quality superstar while the rest are still largely rookies, and in need of the dirty finishes in order to be realistic here.

It could end up going into a downward spiral of one member of Nexus being kicked out each week, but I hope not. Maybe if they ditched Slater, but I see them ditching Tarver before that point. Either way, even if they condense the Nexus down to just Gabriel, Barrett, Otunga & Sheffield, that's still a damn awesome combination that's proven themselves to be more than enough for any WWE superstar. They still have a chance not to fuck this up.