• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Can somoene please help me understand the iwc's lovefest for cody rhodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I think he’s right, that all human beings, deep inside, have the desires and capability to be selfish destructive evil. What have you and you have to fight against that sometimes and some people win that fight and some people don’t and some people don’t even try to fight it. Doesn’t mean there aren’t genuinely good human beings on this planet.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
I think he’s right, that all human beings, deep inside, have the desires and capability to be selfish destructive evil. What have you and you have to fight against that sometimes and some people win that fight and some people don’t and some people don’t even try to fight it. Doesn’t mean there aren’t genuinely good human beings on this planet.
:francis Capability, sure. Desire? That ultimately depends on how you feel about nature vs. nurture and people's biological makeup. However, I do not believe people are born with it.

Kross Rhodes

:francis Capability, sure. Desire? That ultimately depends on how you feel about nature vs. nurture and people's biological makeup. However, I do not believe people are born with it.
I don’t wanna derail this thread too long, but I think both nature and nurture play roles in it. I don’t think it’s an either or situation, but that being said, I do think there is a natural impulse deep down hardwired to be a little selfish and possibly destructive. There are famous experiments that have somewhat proven this. When you give people power it typically corrupts them almost always.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Or allow me to phrase it this way, using Hitchen's Razor: "Do not attribute to malice that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance".

Humans are selfish and destructive, sure, but I think to say all humans are evil is just plain wrong. Humans generally speaking do not do selfish things because they're evil, they do it because they often lack critical thinking or do not know better.

Kross Rhodes

Or allow me to phrase it this way, using Hitchen's Razor: "Do not attribute to malice that which can be reasonably explained by ignorance".

Humans are selfish and destructive, sure, but I think to say all humans are evil is just plain wrong. Humans generally speaking do not do selfish things because they're evil, they do it because they often lack critical thinking or do not know better.
That’s why I was more so arguing, selfish and destructive more so than evil. Evil I think is for the rare people that don’t even try to fight against their impulses, and so that destructive and selfishness goes further into evil.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Still, larger overall point is that people who do good things because they just enjoy doing it exists. To argue that they don't is plain wrong and frankly fucking stupid.

Kross Rhodes

Still, larger overall point is that people who do good things because they just enjoy doing it exists. To argue that they don't is plain wrong and frankly fucking stupid.
For sure. The idea that people don’t do good things because they enjoy doing good is absolutely absurd. There are definitely kindhearted people that exist.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Mr. Rogers existed and if he ain't proof of General human kindness and doing good because they want to, I don't know what to say to that other than call someone so jaded and cynical they should cut themselves off from society at large so they don't cut anyone with their pizza cutter body. All edge and no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.