Can Jack Evans be a superstar??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Do you think he has what it takes to one day be a main eventer? Right now his status with ROH is up in the air, but assuming he stays, could he see him as ROH champ? What are your thoughts on him? Love him/Hate him.

Personally, i think he's one of the most entertaining wrestlers today. He would make a great addition to TNA in my opinion, but he will continue to grow in ROH if he stays. So if Jack can stay healthy, i think he may work his way into main event in ROH.

Soulpower

He could get a couple of title shots here and there because he's insanely over with fans, but I can't see him actually winning the title. Maybe its his moveset, maybe its because of his size, but people won't really buy him as a champ.

I DON'T want him to go to TNA. He'll win some matches early on, then he'll be misused/jobbed to the heavyweights. I don't want to see him in WWE either because we know they don't give a shit about Cruiserweights.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
^^^

yeah i can see him getting a couple title shots but i really dont think he should get the belt...

Reaction score
Jack Evans is awsome and I think he should/Will be a Main Event wrestler in ROH eventually. I can also see him as ROH World Champion down the line. Although some people may think he is a spot monkey, I think he is incredibly gifted as an athlete and can do some amazing stuff in the ring. I always find myself marking out to Jack Evans' matches because of his fucking awsome moves. I hope ROH does the right thing and gives him the World Title once he makes it to Main Event status

Reaction score
He certainly could be. He's got the charisma and the athleticism, but I think whats helped him most is that he's been working on match phsycology the past year or so. Large in part from going to Dragon Gate for a while. I think he could easily be a main eventer in ROH at some point though.

JesterJ1225

Reaction score
im not sure, i mean he's won me over just be his athleticism

but main eventer....depends if he grows as a wrestler

The Rated R CMStar

If I recall correctly WWE already tried to contacted him some time ago. I don't know about World Title, maybe a couple of big time feuds first and we'll see how he reacts

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The Vulture Squad will help him and the other people in the stable gain credit. He's not just a spot monkey too, he can wrestle, that's what sets him apart.

Cecil Washington

Reaction score
No

No. He does not possess the requird measurements.

If you need people in similar style (though better...) then look at Jay Lethal and Shelton Benjamin. Both fine young talents yet to be given the opportunity to benefit. Great in ring presence, good microphone ability, excellent athleticism (certainly better than Evens), good technical ability and just that bounce of extra something.

Even's is just too vanilla for my taste.

- Cecil

gcwflairchop

Reaction score
I've seen the guy in person wrestle, and to me, all Evans is good for is getting twisted up like a pretzel and taking bumps.

No real wrestling talent, just a real good at getting up in the air and kicking people.

Sorry, but that's not real wrestling.

flo23

Reaction score
evans will never be ROH champ or main eventer. hes a good wrestlers and a great high flier but hes not ROH championship material. thats my opinion your entitled to your own.

Reaction score
I've seen the guy in person wrestle, and to me, all Evans is good for is getting twisted up like a pretzel and taking bumps.

No real wrestling talent, just a real good at getting up in the air and kicking people.

Sorry, but that's not real wrestling.

He's improved on his ring pshycology over the past year or so. What, he isn't a real wrestler because he's a high flyer? This is pro wrestling, not the olympics, Evans has been improving on knowing what it takes to work a match. I like a technical based wrestler just as much as anyone, but to say Evans doesn't have talent is absolutely ridiculous.

Montana

I agree, Evans can put on 3.5 - 4 star matches in 15 minutes, and in my opinion, ROH is holding him back in the midcard division. Well, i mean I'd like to see him get one main event match, and really would like to see what he could do with 25 minutes. His charisma is there, and he is argueably the most well known wrestler on the roster. (look at how active this thread is) I think he should get his shot next year.

DaDirtiest

Reaction score
Jack Evans HAS the talent to be a main eventer, it's just that he's too much of a team player and nothing more than a jobber. I haven't seen a single match that he won during his last two or three tours of japan, he's just been a complete jobber, and it's really too bad because he is one of the most gifted high flyers I have ever seen. Jack Evans = Pac

Montana

Jack Evans has been pretty sucessful this year in ROH thus far....even considering he hasn't officially signed a contract.