BTB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Had my first show went with Lio Rush as my Championship he beat ec3 to be the 1st champion and afterwards Andrade debut. I put RJ City & Tyler Breeze as a team being managed by Nina Samuels Gorgeous Productions is there team name sign Bo Dallas and give him a dark gimmick called my brothers keeper basically saying how he had to protect his brother and cover up sins ajd how its killing him driving him insane Bo gonna be managed by Mick Foley. I put him in a feud with Vincent. Oh jack Evans & Alan angels are mach2 a team facing subculture (Andrew's & Flash) David Marquez and Nash are my commentary team I got Dak Draper in a stable called Mile High Club. Joey janela vs. Silas Young is a feud too

Reactions: Death By Looch

Order

Send HOOK
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Had a week off and have been busy so am way behind on BTBs. Will try and get some feedback to people this week and to get New Vision updated.

How are we all?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Been alright. Just finishing off Judgment Day and got some more time after managing to sprain my ankle. So every cloud has a silver lining

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
I don't have writer's block because I have many, many ideas but I do have a lack of motivation right now. I desperately want to write but can't push myself to do it lately lol

• Sad
Reactions: Death By Looch

Brody

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Anyone have a good resource for Free Agents or Contract information on Promotions in the 90s? My laptop doesn't work so I'm not able to use a TEW Database as a resource, and I feel like The Smackdown Hotel isn't that great of a resource for information in the past.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Anyone have a good resource for Free Agents or Contract information on Promotions in the 90s? My laptop doesn't work so I'm not able to use a TEW Database as a resource, and I feel like The Smackdown Hotel isn't that great of a resource for information in the past.
It's probably a bit convoluted, but you could use Cagematch as a point of reference. They have "All-Time Roster" pages on the sites for promotions, where you can select a specific year and you get shown a list of everyone, who had at least one match in that promotion that year.
That could be a good starting point, if you look at the smaller promotions rosters during those years.

I don't think there's an actual site, where you can see exact contractual situations for talent, except for maybe WWF ones. :hmm:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah cagematch is probably the best with the all time rosters but sadly not easy either. Even a lot of the TEW mods have a ton of inaccuracies but it's hard for me to criticize too much bc I know how hard that shit is

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
It's probably a bit convoluted, but you could use Cagematch as a point of reference. They have "All-Time Roster" pages on the sites for promotions, where you can select a specific year and you get shown a list of everyone, who had at least one match in that promotion that year.
That could be a good starting point, if you look at the smaller promotions rosters during those years.

I don't think there's an actual site, where you can see exact contractual situations for talent, except for maybe WWF ones. :hmm:
I basically do this with a combination of using old Observers and Wikipedia

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Thinking about doing a Jacksonville Jaguars franchise BTB from the expansion year. Outside of using Madden is there any way to run the simulations in a sports BTB?

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Thinking about doing a Jacksonville Jaguars franchise BTB from the expansion year. Outside of using Madden is there any way to run the simulations in a sports BTB?
I'm not sure if it is in-depth enough, but you could take a look at this one:

I used it for some smaller projects, but I didn't check out the American Football parts of the site yet.

Reactions: Wiseman

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
Solie.org is a great site for what you are looking for. They have month by month rosters from 88 until 98 for both WCW and WWF. I believe they also have ECW rosters from about 96 on, also.

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

I believe this game has stuff like that, myself and @Dubble J were in a football league once with a version of this game being used. @DYSI ran the league he may know more.

Reactions: Wiseman

DYSI

Reaction score
DDS Pro Football is a solid option, although the mods are lacking last time I used it a couple years back. It's really in-depth though and you can customize the hell out of it.

Reactions: RDT

Matrix

We're All Just Weird Kids In The End
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
qGS2CaC
Just finished writing my 5th show for this BTB I've been working on for awhile. I tend to stall out by the 1st ppv so my goal is to at least get to the 1st ppv before I make a thread, or finish the ppv. That way I can have things to post while working on future shows and in case I get really busy.