• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BTB Discussion Thread

Roy Mustang

You write it, and I'll read it :cudi

I'm really tempted to do it partly because I won't have to think of how to make 3 hour Raw's watchable. So many people in AEW I want to write and not because I think they are used shit but because the characters are compelling to me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
When would you start AEW? @Gambitto Double or Nothing 2019 or later? I find booking companies during times I LIKED them actually pretty hard bc I don't want to change a whole lot or when I start changing stuff I'm like "Well this isn't as good as what actually happened actually" :heston it's easier with companies during times I disliked them

Roy Mustang

When would you start AEW? @Gambitto Double or Nothing 2019 or later? I find booking companies during times I LIKED them actually pretty hard bc I don't want to change a whole lot or when I start changing stuff I'm like "Well this isn't as good as what actually happened actually" :heston it's easier with companies during times I disliked them

That's the tricky part as I do love a lot of what AEW does and hate most of main roster (It's why I hate writing Roman as he is so GOATed atm) but I have 3 periods I would start from if I did it:

1) The week when Covid hit and I would instead book in a world without Covid-19
2) After Winter is Coming as that is a good point to jump forward from (though I might go from after the Brodie Lee tribute show if I did that)
3) After Revolution and do a timeline where the bomb wasn't a dud (Though it would challenge me to not have Moxley or Eddie for a few months)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Yeah I'm a fan of all those time periods, no real preference preference. I'd say if you go with 2 def just do it after the brodie tribute tho

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I like them, but I think they need to be kept pretty simple like your last one in predicting winners and a few simple bonus questions. I don't wanna have to think too much for them :lol

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
What are people's thoughts on prediction contests within BTBs. Is it a good way to foster community or do people think it's an extra step that most aren't interested in?

i always try to employ them if I can - sometimes people choose to join in and sometimes they don't. But its good for interactivitiy.

Roy Mustang

What are people's thoughts on prediction contests within BTBs. Is it a good way to foster community or do people think it's an extra step that most aren't interested in?

I like doing them as it lets me also know where people think storylines are going (so I know if I'm making stuff too predictable) plus people also leave feedback often when predicting.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
logo1btjyr.png

PRO WRESTLING NEXUS NEEDS YOUR VOTES

Fill out these lists and send them to me via DM.

Name the 6 guys in each category, which represent, in your eyes,
each of these promotions (and spans)/regions the most/best.
Be it who drawed the most, be it just your favorites or
maybe simply the guys you mostly identify with these categories.
It's in your hands.

The higher on the list, the more points Wrestlers get and that will
not only decide who enters the big Opening Tournament of PWN,
but also the seeding for it as well.

Naming someone more than once is completely fine. In that case
their best result in one category counts for seeding.

Eligible are only male Wrestlers, which had the bigger part
of their active in-Ring career after 1986.

WWE Pre-2003

WWE Post-2003

WCW

TNA/Impact

AEW

ECW

Indy/ROH

Japan

Last edited: