Bruno Sammartino Issues Statement on 2013 WWE HOF Rumor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
As we previously reported, WWE has reached out to Bruno Sammartino regarding a possible induction into the Hall of Fame in 2013. Sammartino has had a controversial past with WWE and Vince McMahon Jr. He's spoken out for years against where the industry has gone and what McMahon has allegedly endorsed. Sammartino has turned down offers to work on several projects with WWE. Wrestling convention promoter Sal Corrente has issued the following statement to PWInsider.com on behalf of Sammartino:

We understand that word has broken on the Internet regarding "The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino being inducted in to the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013. Since word has broken publicly, I can confirm that we have been contacted. I have been asked by Bruno Sammartino to announce that he will NOT be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013.

He's beginning to look petty. Just do it for the fans. This guy needs to get over whatever small things he believes Vince has done to the wrestling biz as Vince has done more better than worse and he's done more than anyone else in the wrestling business and put it on a global scale. And he needs to work out his differences with Vince. Take a look at Bret, and that was a more personal situation and not only did they put him in the Hall but he made two DVD's with the WWE, which, were good sellers.

Yeah alright then, it's understandable but c'mon..

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If Sammartino wants to live in the days when wrestling was taken seriously then I have no problem with it. I wouldn't insult Ole Anderson either for not accepting the Horsemen invite this year either(or whatever reason he wasn't added with the rest). Wrestling has changed into something those two clearly wouldn't want to be apart of in today's world.

The HOF is a joke anyways and when Sammartino was apart of the WWE it wasn't considered a joke overall like it is now.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I understand that Bruno has his opinions and values, so I'm not going to knock him for it. He doesn't approve of the industry so he most likely wants to seperate himself from it. That's respectable.

Good for him. If you don't approve of something, why be a part of it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
WWE really just needs to leave him alone about it. Bruno has made it clear numerous times that he has absolutely no intention of being a part of the WWE HOF. The "honor" means nothing anyways and Bruno is at least intelligent enough to see that. Besides, with the way wrestling is today and how drastically it has changed since his era, it's unlikely many of today's fans would appreciate him or even know who he is without WWE hyping the induction relentlessly through archived video footage for several weeks leading into Wrestlemania. Bruno probably doesn't want these fans to mistake him for being something he wasn't, which is the cartoonish character most of today's wrestlers are as well as the wrestlers in the 80's WWE or the crash-tv style the Attitude era was. And I personally concur that most fans today, even among the IWC, are not even intelligent enough to see that difference either.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
In an update, the Observer reports that Triple H actually called Bruno and tried to sell him on the induction and the fact that he would get one more huge pop. Triple H tried to tell Bruno not to worry about Vince McMahon but Bruno wasn’t having it.

HHH taking over the duties. :hhhisgod:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Kinda hard to sell Bruno on "Don't worry about Vince" considering the WWE HOF is just something inside Vince's own imagination... as Vince himself so bluntly put it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah he is right to stick to his guns.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Always respected Bruno for being so strong in his beliefs, good to see to him not giving in, though I would still love to see him inducted, I know it won't happen.

Always find it so funny how guys tend to blame WWE for Bruno not being in. It's not like WWE never reaches out to him, he just always say no.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bruno not accepting the induction is all on him, won't be anyones fault but his when he is forgotten.

Thats his decision so be it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Nobody cares about this guy, induct Warrior instead.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Induct Warrior just for the crazy speech that he'll give afterwards. Hmmm who to induct warrior...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ And he wouldn't give a shit. He will still get reconition from the people who matter to him.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Triple H can induct Warrior, its only fitting since they had that five star match when Triple H had his first major match.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Bruno not accepting the induction is all on him, won't be anyones fault but his when he is forgotten.

Thats his decision so be it.

He should be lucky there's a website called wikipedia. :Kane:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Although I'd love to see him get inducted, I've got a lot of respect for him and the beliefs he is holding. If he doesn't want to join, quit harassing the dude!