Brock Lesnar...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...has a tough ass chin. I'm sick already of hearing people say it was poor reffing... nah... Brock had his fists clenched, was aware, and like he said after the fight, every punch was losing it's zing. And I think he wanted to take some shots rather than come in and avoid everything and go longer without getting hit... a few of those punches, he was expecting, you could see it, and he even leaned into a few to try and take 'em rather than absorb the full impact.

To me, it seemed reminiscent to what Ali did in his return to boxing (said and did 6 rounds of getting hit as much as possible so he could remember how it felt to be hit). I think Velasquez is in trouble, because I don't see Brock letting punches come through this time. Again, people can say what they want about Lesnar having holes in his defense... I saw a man hungry to get back to fighting and went out and did it.

BTW, his speech after the fight was awesome as fuck! "I'm blessed by God... and I'm still the toughest SOB around, baby!"

Brock-Lesner-420x0.jpg

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
...has a tough ass chin. I'm sick already of hearing people say it was poor reffing... nah... Brock had his fists clenched, was aware, and like he said after the fight, every punch was losing it's zing. And I think he wanted to take some shots rather than come in and avoid everything and go longer without getting hit... a few of those punches, he was expecting, you could see it, and he even leaned into a few to try and take 'em rather than absorb the full impact.

To me, it seemed reminiscent to what Ali did in his return to boxing (said and did 6 rounds of getting hit as much as possible so he could remember how it felt to be hit). I think Velasquez is in trouble, because I don't see Brock letting punches come through this time. Again, people can say what they want about Lesnar having holes in his defense... I saw a man hungry to get back to fighting and went out and did it.

BTW, his speech after the fight was awesome as fuck! "I'm blessed by God... and I'm still the toughest SOB around, baby!"

Brock-Lesner-420x0.jpg

Reaction score
Lesnar earned my respect with this fight.

I think Velasquez is going to prove equally as challenging for him. I'm very excited for that fight.

Reaction score
Lesnar earned my respect with this fight.

I think Velasquez is going to prove equally as challenging for him. I'm very excited for that fight.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I didn't see the fight, but from what I read, in the 1st round, Lesnar was on the ground and Shane was laying some heavy hits on him and the ref didn't stop it. 2nd round came and Lesnar dominated. It would have been bs had the ref stopped the fight. I don't know how bad Lesnar was getting hit with the open shots, but from my stand point, I would have been pissed had I ordered the ppv and it ended like that.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I didn't see the fight, but from what I read, in the 1st round, Lesnar was on the ground and Shane was laying some heavy hits on him and the ref didn't stop it. 2nd round came and Lesnar dominated. It would have been bs had the ref stopped the fight. I don't know how bad Lesnar was getting hit with the open shots, but from my stand point, I would have been pissed had I ordered the ppv and it ended like that.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm not saying nothing bad about Lesnar but the ref could've and should've stopped the fight in the first.

Lesnar got caught twice, knockdown, he let some shots in, one nasty elbow and no stoppage. Ref didn't do his job till the 2nd.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm not saying nothing bad about Lesnar but the ref could've and should've stopped the fight in the first.

Lesnar got caught twice, knockdown, he let some shots in, one nasty elbow and no stoppage. Ref didn't do his job till the 2nd.

Reaction score
UFC is as crooked as boxing. BJ Penn getting so many friggin title shots proves this to me. Dana NEEDS Lesnar to be his marquee guy. He's not his best fighter, but he does the best at the box office. Anderson and GSP are the best fighters but don't make the bank that Lesnar or a Rampage does.

Reaction score
UFC is as crooked as boxing. BJ Penn getting so many friggin title shots proves this to me. Dana NEEDS Lesnar to be his marquee guy. He's not his best fighter, but he does the best at the box office. Anderson and GSP are the best fighters but don't make the bank that Lesnar or a Rampage does.

G 3

Reaction score

The ref made a good call. The point of stopping a fight is to make sure not too much damage is done to a fighter, obviously Lesnar was not too damaged as he won the fight.

G 3

Reaction score

The ref made a good call. The point of stopping a fight is to make sure not too much damage is done to a fighter, obviously Lesnar was not too damaged as he won the fight.

Reaction score
Yeh I think it was well reffed. You could really call it either way though, as Lesnar was getting pummelled at one point. Nice though, to see the ref had some faith in Brock to let the fight continue. I know those who were rooting for Carwin wouldn't think so, seeing he gassed out and was ended in the second round.

Still, an epic fight with the hype, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Great fight, looking forward to Velasquez/Lesnar!

Reaction score
Yeh I think it was well reffed. You could really call it either way though, as Lesnar was getting pummelled at one point. Nice though, to see the ref had some faith in Brock to let the fight continue. I know those who were rooting for Carwin wouldn't think so, seeing he gassed out and was ended in the second round.

Still, an epic fight with the hype, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Great fight, looking forward to Velasquez/Lesnar!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes, any ref WOULD have stopped any NORMAL fight under those circumstances, BUT...

...this was the HW Champ vs. the Interim HW Champ... you can't call that shit on a ground and pound when the guy being pounded is not droppin' his hands to his side and snorin' it out.

I think the ref was brave to let the fight keep going, but also smart... and if anyone in the world should have a problem with it, it should be Carwin... and guess what... he doesn't. He said himself he'd have rather won by a true knockout than stoppage because a ref decided Lesnar couldn't go, because he knows Lesnar wouldn't settle for that shit if it happened... I respect Carwin just that much more for not being a bitch. I'd love to see a rematch here after Velasquez if/when Brock makes it past him.