SummerSlam Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think that Brock simply displayed how arrogant and stupid he is. I don't think orton cut himself, I really feel that the ending wasn't supposed to go that way. I think Brock really caught him with an elbow, just like he did cena, and he got wreck less. Thus, orton gets hurt and can't continue the match at all, so we have WWE addlib the rest of the match and continue on. The Shane F5 might have happened no matter what.

Brock has proven to be a cheater by taking steroids in UFC, he comes to WWE and acts like he has the same amount of credibility, and then he simply elbows the fuck out of ortons skull because he's an idiot.

That match could've been so much better had it gone on longer. Fuck Brock.

• Haha
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Brock likely was in a mood over something and took it out on the match. I think Brock was suposta beat the snot out of Randy but he took it a step further. For all we know, Vince gave him the go a head. We must not forget this is wrassling and heavily scripted. Rarely will Vince let someone improvise. Regardless of how you view it, it has got people talking...

Brock Lesnar appears to deliberately elbow Randy Orton as fans question if he went 'off-script'

Last night I was more apt to believe it went the way it was supposed to. Having a day to think about it, I am unsure. I still don't think he totally went off script because I think if he was beating the life out of Orton than security would have gotten involved. What I think is that he was supposed to beat down on Orton, and he just did it a lot rougher than he was supposed to do.

But you're right, it got a conversation going.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Last night I was more apt to believe it went the way it was supposed to. Having a day to think about it, I am unsure. I still don't think he totally went off script because I think if he was beating the life out of Orton than security would have gotten involved. What I think is that he was supposed to beat down on Orton, and he just did it a lot rougher than he was supposed to do.

But you're right, it got a conversation going.

It was one of Brock's lesser matches, like wasn't really even a match. If he legit was going at Randy, he would have defended himself as well. Randy wouldn't have taken an unscripted irl beating like that. That is not to say Brock wouldn't have destroyed the dude... but still. He would have defended himself if it wasn't suposta happen.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It was one of Brock's lesser matches, like wasn't really even a match. If he legit was going at Randy, he would have defended himself as well. Randy wouldn't have taken an unscripted irl beating like that. That is not to say Brock wouldn't have destroyed the dude... but still. He would have defended himself if it wasn't suposta happen.

Oh I completely agree. As I put in another thread, if it was a completely unscripted beating, there are a lot of other things that would have happened. An unscripted beat down would never reach that level of severity for that long of a time. Randy would have defended himself better, security would have been down there to get Brock off him... someone other than Shane, who is really just an on screen character at this point, would have gotten involved. Hell I am sure if Lesnar really lost it, Paul Heyman would have been one of the first people in the ring as he and Lesnar are pretty close in real life. But Paul seemed completely unconcerned until Shane came in.

So the two options are pretty much the entire thing was scripted, including the injury or it was scripted and Lesnar just hit harder than he was supposed to. But it was undoubtedly part of the story line or they would have sent someone other than Shane McMahon back there to help.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Oh I completely agree. As I put in another thread, if it was a completely unscripted beating, there are a lot of other things that would have happened. An unscripted beat down would never reach that level of severity for that long of a time. Randy would have defended himself better, security would have been down there to get Brock off him... someone other than Shane, who is really just an on screen character at this point, would have gotten involved. Hell I am sure if Lesnar really lost it, Paul Heyman would have been one of the first people in the ring as he and Lesnar are pretty close in real life. But Paul seemed completely unconcerned until Shane came in.

So the two options are pretty much the entire thing was scripted, including the injury or it was scripted and Lesnar just hit harder than he was supposed to. But it was undoubtedly part of the story line or they would have sent someone other than Shane McMahon back there to help.

I say it was scripted and Randy bled more then they intended. I know they wanted blood cause of all the crap McG was talking about WWE... Like they wanted a match to sell hard with blood to show hey, we got blood too (like the UFC). This is why this match was the main event. Vince wanted people talking and hats off to him, it worked. Also, Randy taking that kind of beating will set him up better for a nice face run. People feeling bad for him is a good start since he hasn't been around. Now he can play the hero and get his revenge... Likely Brock vs Randy at Wrestlemania.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I say it was scripted and Randy bled more then they intended. I know they wanted blood cause of all the crap McG was talking about WWE... Like they wanted a match to sell hard with blood to show hey, we got blood too (like the UFC). This is why this match was the main event. Vince wanted people talking and hats off to him, it worked. Also, Randy taking that kind of beating will set him up better for a nice face run. People feeling bad for him is a good start since he hasn't been around. Now he can play the hero and get his revenge... Likely Brock vs Randy at Wrestlemania.

I would agree that this is the most likely explanation. :excellent:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I would agree that this is the most likely explanation. :excellent:

I wouldn't mind seeing Randy vs Brock at WM. Specially if Randy goes over. I don't think Brock has much more in him for WWE anyways.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Randy vs Brock at WM. Specially if Randy goes over. I don't think Brock has much more in him for WWE anyways.

As weird as it may sound, since I am not a big fan of him, but I sort of would like it to be Roman Reigns at this point. He never got a rematch and of all the people who have gone up against Lesnar, he has done the best. I think that match last night really reignited the heat for Lesnar and it might help them to finally do what we assumed they originally planned with Lesnar a couple years ago.

It doesn't hurt that Roman destroyed Rusev right before Lesnar destroyed Orton. It might be something for them to consider.

If not, I agree. Let it be Orton. I'm not a Randy fan either, but I would like to see it at this point.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As weird as it may sound, since I am not a big fan of him, but I sort of would like it to be Roman Reigns at this point. He never got a rematch and of all the people who have gone up against Lesnar, he has done the best. I think that match last night really reignited the heat for Lesnar and it might help them to finally do what we assumed they originally planned with Lesnar a couple years ago.

It doesn't hurt that Roman destroyed Rusev right before Lesnar destroyed Orton. It might be something for them to consider.

If not, I agree. Let it be Orton. I'm not a Randy fan either, but I would like to see it at this point.

I'm actually a Brock fan, never a fan of Randy or really Reigns either but seeing Brock finally lose, but in a really big match... That would be epic.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm actually a Brock fan, never a fan of Randy or really Reigns either but seeing Brock finally lose, but in a really big match... That would be epic.

That's funny because I actually am a bigger Lesnar fan than I am of Randy or Roman also. But I don't think anyone should have complete dominance... the only really big X on Lesnar's resume is his match with Goldberg. Even the mightiest should eventually be brought down, including Brock.

ouch1123456

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
jakehughesblog.wordpress.com
That's funny because I actually am a bigger Lesnar fan than I am of Randy or Roman also. But I don't think anyone should have complete dominance... the only really big X on Lesnar's resume is his match with Goldberg. Even the mightiest should eventually be brought down, including Brock.

Personally I think the time is ripe for a huge return in the WWE. Brock Lesnar should be defeated by someone who deserved better during his first run with the company. I'm not talking Goldberg. I am talking about the inaugural Light Heavyweight Champion, the man that defeated Brian Christopher in 1997, TAKA Michinoku. He, in my mind, is the only logical choice to defeat the beast! He can even get some help from Funaki ;) Either that or I have given up on seeing Lesnar defeated by anyone logical...

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Off script, on script, took it too far... personally I don't fuckin care. I was entertained, and that's exactly what it was supposed to do. Not only did it entertain....it questions the whole 'fake' aspect of wrestling again in a way.

You got Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton. 2 big stars who've both been around this programming for 15 years. Lesnar has his ufc fame aswell. My guess is that Vince, or even trips, told them to go out and spill some blood to maintain Lesnar's actual fighting story. Whether or not he was supposed to open him that much, who knows.

All I know is it was meant to serve a purpose, and I'm sure it fulfilled that.

Reactions: Solidus1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Idk, to me it looked like Lesnar caught Orton with an elbow on accident.

The beatdown was definitely supposed to happen, especially the ground-and-pound part, but I don't think Lesnar had an intention to hit Orton legit and bust him wide open.

Also, you're all clamoring for someone to come in and beat Lesnar. I've got the right man for the job:

tumblr_o0mpcdDf541ti2dqho1_500.png

Reactions: Swift

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Next time Lesnar returns he should be a heel. Whoever is top babyface (most likely Balor) should just get destroyed by Lesnar. He can play the role of not giving a shit about the fans or WWE

Reactions: Prince Bálor