SummerSlam Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That's a fair call...

I'm guessing eventually the Universal title will
be merged/unified with the World title once this
brand split is over.

Agreed. I don't see this as a really long term thing anyway. They are just putting out WAY too much programming right now and having more than one PPV per month, I imagine, is a bit costly... sure they get two gates and merch sales, but they're occasionally putting on two PPV shows a month for $10 because of the Network. This has to eventually catch up with them.

I mean, I've stuck with WWE through thick and thin. They haven't been my favorite promotion in a LONG time, but I still watch... however even I find myself having trouble watching it all...the two separate rosters for one company is just too much with all the other wrestling out there in the world right now.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...I personally like the brand split...as it gives a lot of different and newer
performers a chance to shine.

Alexa Bliss, Braun Strowman, Carmella, Baron Corbin, Elias Samson & Mojo Rawley
being the most successful.

It also allowed some more established stars to one again step into the spotlight...
with The Miz, Dolph Ziggler (for a short time), The Usos, Sheamus & Neville being
a great example of this.

I agree there are too many pay per views...and frankly the quality of the pay per
views has been kind of pathetic.

I mean most fans seemed to believe the SmackDown after Battleground was
better than Battleground itself.

I understand the WWE wants to increase the ratings for RAW & SmackDown...
but its leading to the them stalling angles with count outs and fucked finishes.

I point to the finish of the original women's Money in the Bank as the biggest
example of this.

I was so angry with that finish that my piss began to boil...but shortly after I
realized it was done simply to string on the fans and have the match replayed
on SmackDown in an attempt to increase ratings.

Less but more important pay per views would be a much needed change.

1 Pay per view per month...
4 dual brand...
4 for RAW...
4 for SmackDown...

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
so I recently read that they wanna put the title on someone that's full time for better weekly ratings. Brock is great for PPV ratings but not for weekly ratings. Therefor I picked Reigns as the second biggest star in the match to carry this, still new, world title on his back. Second choice would be Braun if they really wanna go all out for him. I mean, they just recently made Jinder Mahal the 50th WWE champ so they finally achieved the whole "anything is possible" stage in which Strowman could easily walk out of this thing as universal champ.

As far as what happens afterwards, if (and that's a big IF) Lesnar stays until Mania I could see them letting Lesnar win the rumble and go on to lose to Reigns at Mania. Would be an interesting story because at Mania 31, Reigns won the rumble and Lesnar was the champion. So this time around, the roles are reversed and Reigns is the champ whilst Lesnar is the guy trying to dethrone Roman. Then again, if people already know Lesnar leaving after Mania, they'll crap on this match regardless which is a shame because both of them can put on a really good match. Therefor there's still a huge chance they'll just end the Reigns/Lesnar saga at the rumble and have Cena/Reigns at Mania.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I didnt know anything about Undertaker Getting Hip Surgery/Replacements. When Did that happen? Didnt he retire? I keep seeing rumer's that he's gonna hv one more match. Is that not true?

I know this thread isn't about the Undertaker but allow me a few comments in trying to answer these questions:

First off, the hip surgery happened shortly after Wrestlemania this past April and it was a success too so that itself is awesome news.

As far his "retiring", they've certainly done a good job of leaving their options open cause while the ending of Wrestlemania did indeed seem to suggest it was the end, neither side have formally announced or confirmed such a thing and it was not long ago when during a RAW broadcast Michael Cole dropped the "possibly retired" line that got the rumors going...

Recently I came across a report suggesting that Undertaker is looking to start (if not having started already) training and getting into in ring shape being HE WANTS to return. Furthermore, there were a couple of other notes in this report that gave some answers in regards to his run when he initially returned last year.

If you all remember, when he returned last year, his first appearance was on Smackdown when he dropped the infamous promo about being back "digging holes and collecting souls" and "no longer being defined by Wrestlemania". That first appearance on SD was in fact his only one before then appearing on RAW and entering the Rumble, which was basically part of the setup for his match with Roman Reigns. So, in other words, aside from a brief appearance in the Rumble, his only match after all was at Wrestlemania, practically contradicting his first promo. Accoring to the same report, the original plan was for Undertaker to have a two year run as his final one before eventually retiring and the idea for him was to at least have matches in each of the Big 4 PPV's. Unfortunately his hip was just that bad and that was the reason he only did the match with Roman which, as we all remember, wasn't a good one.

If all the above is true, I wouldn't be surprised if indeed Undertaker makes a return but I am quite certain he will give it another try....

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Going back on topic, i most definetely agree with Jacob Fox's point in regards to Roman Reigns NOT winning and why he shouldn't anyway...

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Which is why the WWE would consider doing it...

Vince: "Don't worry everybody...the fans will cheer Roman this time!"

*The building erupts into a full blown riot*

Vince: "You see...their upset because Roman didn't look strong enough!"

Yeah...but I can't see Vince passing up on the opportunity to make
Roman look strong.

A cool and dramatic idea...but I don't think the Undertaker's new hips would allow it...
Especially If they were to pit him against Brock.....

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Roman Reigns: I guess we're just a couple of hotheads. Kind of like fire, huh?

Braun Strowman:
BRAUN IS LIKE FIRE. ROMAN LIKE .... SMOLDERING FIRE. BRAUN LIKE RAAAAGING FIRE.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
According to Bischoff, not even the guys in the match know what will happen, except for Lesnar because it's in his contract, but he never spills the beans. So far looks like only McMahon and creative are keeping the outcome to themselves

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
Shield Reunion to help Roman become champion. Dean and Seth and Roman just laying waste to all 3 of the challengers. Crowd unsure if they're excited that The Shield is back, or furious that Roman is champion.

Send Brock home and set up months of The Shield vs Braun Strowman. The money is in the chase.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
According to Bischoff, not even the guys in the match know what will happen, except for Lesnar because it's in his contract, but he never spills the beans. So far looks like only McMahon and creative are keeping the outcome to themselves

Lesnar's winning, dude. The "If Lesnar loses, he leaves WWE" thing pretty much confirms it.