SummerSlam Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Roman Reigns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
rsz_ssut-min.jpg

Firstly, what a match this could be...carnage if they allow it.
Who wins though? Right now, I think Lesnar will retain. Roman will win the title at WrestleMania.
If not Lesnar, then it has to be Strowman. What do you think?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Who wins though? Right now, I think Lesnar will retain. Roman will win the title at WrestleMania.
If not Lesnar, then it has to be Strowman. What do you think?

Same here.

The match should be great, though.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Well...it is an interesting match to think about and in my opinion there are solid
reasons for all 4 men to walk about of Summerslam with the sexy red belt.

(Yes I like the Universal title belt...always have since they introduced it at last
years Summerslam)

So...from what I have read/heard the WWE wants the Universal title on
RAW every week...and Lesnar can't/won't/isn't paid enough to do that.

So I believe they will put the belt on Joe at Summerslam and have him
hold it till the Royal Rumble next year when he drops it back to Lesnar.

Reigns wins the Royal Rumble and Lesnar defeats Joe at their title
rematch at Fastlane...leaving Reigns vs. Lesnar for Wrestlemania 34.

Lesnar drops the belt to Reigns and leaves the company which then
sets up both Joe & Strowman as the "Monsters" looking to take the title
from Reigns.

In fact Strowman & Joe could have a match at Wrestlemania 34 to
decide who gets the first shot so to speak.

That's how I think it will play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Roman Reigns will win.

Cena vs Reigns at Wrestlemania
Lesnar vs Strowman at Wrestlemania

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

They'd be fools NOT to allow it if you ask me...

So...from what I have read/heard the WWE wants the Universal title on
RAW every week...and Lesnar can't/won't/isn't paid enough to do that.

So I've heard as well and perhaps one of the reasons this Fatal 4-Way was booked in the first place is because it would be the easiest way to have Brock drop the belt looking strong at the same time and not having to be pinned for it.

So I believe they will put the belt on Joe at Summerslam and have him
hold it till the Royal Rumble next year when he drops it back to Lesnar.

Though I have yet to make a decision as to what I think the outcome will be, my initial thought was (and is) that Brock will drop the belt. If we are to still consider that Lesnar vs. Reigns is still the end game for Wrestlemania, then I too feel it has to be either Joe or Strowman, in which case I'd probably give a slight edge to Samoe Joe only for the awesome promo work.

Reigns wins the Royal Rumble

Considering the Rumble is back in Philly, I'd be shocked if they even consider (let alone go ahead with it) having Reigns win the Rumble. Lord knows how that went last time...

The way I see it, Roman wouldn't have to win the Rumble in order to have a one on one with Lesnar for the title and, quite frankly, WWE already planted those seeds with Paul Heyman's promo the very night after this years Mania, when he talked about the only two individuals to ever beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. If you needed a reason, there you have it...

My little fantasy thinking: WWE go ahead with their plan, the match between Reigns and Lesnar happens, Reigns wins the match, becomes Universal Champion and then, while celebrating...lights out....DONG !!!!.........lights back on...DONG !!!! Undertaker is in the ring....Chokeslam....Badass setup for Summerslam 2018....

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Considering the Rumble is back in Philly, I'd be shocked if they even consider (let alone go ahead with it) having Reigns win the Rumble. Lord knows how that went last time...
Which is why the WWE would consider doing it...

Vince: "Don't worry everybody...the fans will cheer Roman this time!"

*The building erupts into a full blown riot*

Vince: "You see...their upset because Roman didn't look strong enough!"

The way I see it, Roman wouldn't have to win the Rumble in order to have a one on one with Lesnar for the title and, quite frankly, WWE already planted those seeds with Paul Heyman's promo the very night after this years Mania, when he talked about the only two individuals to ever beat Undertaker at Wrestlemania. If you needed a reason, there you have it...
Yeah...but I can't see Vince passing up on the opportunity to make
Roman look strong.

My little fantasy thinking: WWE go ahead with their plan, the match between Reigns and Lesnar happens, Reigns wins the match, becomes Universal Champion and then, while celebrating...lights out....DONG !!!!.........lights back on...DONG !!!! Undertaker is in the ring....Chokeslam....Badass setup for Summerslam 2018....
A cool and dramatic idea...but I don't think the Undertaker's new hips would allow it...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am still going with Lesnar to retain. He isn't going to lose to Roman Reigns in a fatal fourway. They have been building towards the Reigns and Lesnar definitive encounter ever since Lesnar ended the Streak. Three years of build, having their first encounter end with neither winning, having both defeat the Undertaker at WrestleMania, Lesnar being the most dominant over the Undertaker of anyone with several matches against him, Reigns retiring Undertaker on the same event Lesnar won the Universal title... just to drop the belt to Reigns in a Fatal Fourway at Summerslam... I mean honestly, this would rank as one of the stupidest decisions that WWE would EVER have made in my opinion.

If Lesnar loses to Reigns, it will be in a one on one match and it will be at WrestleMania. The idea that they would fast track this feud simply because Lesnar might not sign again after WrestleMania is silly. They have him on contract through WrestleMania so he will be at the event. Then, they can do Reigns vs Cena at the next WrestleMania. Why fast track two of the most interesting match ups Reigns could have and piss away all this build by having Roman win at Summerslam?

Lesnar should retain the belt and they should continue on the path they are on. Now. although I would rather see Strowman or Joe win, I just don't think it will happen. I guess it's possible if they want to have a Universal title match more often and they can give Lesnar the belt back later to lose to Roman, but that's seems unlikely to me.

And I have no doubt Reigns will not win the Rumble. He doesn't really need to. If Lesnar is still champ, Roman will automatically get the title shot and they will justify it with the whole dominance of the Undertaker thing. This way, they can have another wrestler win the Rumble and challenge for the WWE title. This is the benefit of having the two World titles... they can try to appease two groups of fans. There have been plenty of times during the first brand split the Rumble winner didn't headline WrestleMania, wrestling lower on the card. I feel this is what they will do here.

And if I am wrong, I won't lose much sleep over it. It's not like WWE hasn't done things that have completely baffled me in the past. I just don't see them messing with this set up. There has been way too much build.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I didnt know anything about Undertaker Getting Hip Surgery/Replacements. When Did that happen? Didnt he retire? I keep seeing rumer's that he's gonna hv one more match. Is that not true?

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The Fatal Fourway is done simply to make sure Roman doesnt look weak in defeat, not to give him a win IMO. I expect Strauwman or Joe to take the pin while Roman is tied up somewhere and just a second too late to break it.

There will be a Roman vs Brock stand off, and it will all culminate in wrestlemania. Can't say I care much about the storyline/title/WWE at this point in general though :p

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
There will be a Roman vs Brock stand off, and it will all culminate in Wrestlemania. Can't say I care much about the storyline/title/WWE at this point in general though :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:
Which do you find more interesting...Universal title "feud" or the World title "feud"?

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Which do find more interesting...Universal title "feud" or the World title "feud"?

To me, the Universal title still seems like a consolation prize. Sure, it's a major title but it has no significant title lineage. The WWE World Championship can have it's lineage traced back to the NWA title. Technically it's the title that Vince J McMahon and Toots Mondt created in 1963 just with a different name. The Universal has been around about a year and really doesn't mean much yet, in my view. That's why the whole Roman Reigns/Lesnar thing for the Universal title doesn't bug me as much because in my view, it's the secondary title in WWE.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
To me, the Universal title still seems like a consolation prize. Sure, it's a major title but it has no significant title lineage. The WWE World Championship can have it's lineage traced back to the NWA title. Technically it's the title that Vince J McMahon and Toots Mondt created in 1963 just with a different name. The Universal has been around about a year and really doesn't mean much yet, in my view. That's why the whole Roman Reigns/Lesnar thing for the Universal title doesn't bug me as much because in my view, it's the secondary title in WWE.
That's a fair call...

I'm guessing eventually the Universal title will
be merged/unified with the World title once this
brand split is over.