WrestleMania 35 Brock Lesnar verbally abused Vince McMahon in backstage WrestleMania 35 incident

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
16ef0-15551239812642-800.jpg

'The Beast Incarnate' wanted to open the show

Full_Logo_-smaller.png

What's the story?
Amid rumors that Sasha Banks was involved in a major backstage spat during WrestleMania 35 is the news that another WWE Superstar, 'The Beast Incarnate' Brock Lesnar was also involved in a huge backstage incident involving Vince McMahon, which is possibly why his match with Seth Rollins went on first.

In case you didn't know...
WrestleMania 35 got off to a huge bang when Paul Heyman surprised everyone by announcing that the WWE Universal Title match between Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar was going to open 'The Showcase of Immortals' as the first match on the main card.

It was previously reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that this decision was made after Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar asked to go on first to create a big moment for the live crowd and avoid the fatigue in crowd reactions later on in the night.

The heart of the matter
However, it seems that reports about this have underplayed Brock Lesnar's demeanor, as Slice Wrestling has revealed that Brock Lesnar 'cussed out Vince McMahon' after getting angry his match wasn't going on last, and then 'demanded' it go on first instead.

This was confirmed on Edge's recent podcast, with the former WWE Superstar saying that Lesnar only gave WWE an hour's notice that he wanted his match to go on first, this is why no-one had any idea the Universal Title match was going to open the show.

As you can see the jokes about Brock Lesnar being home and in bed by the time the show had finished seem to be truer than people thought as Lesnar left via helicopter immediately after his match.

What's next?
Lesnar is expected to fight Daniel Cormier for UFC at some point this summer, although nothing has yet to be finalized and Dana White keeps suggesting it may not happen.

If this is true, this is the second respective WrestleMania that Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon have come to blows, with the infamous title throwing incident happening last year.

Do you think Brock Lesnar was right to demand his title match open WrestleMania 35? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

I guess everyone was in desperate need of a nap that day. Thoughts?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
These dirt sheet stories still feel like so much fluff to me. Brock was mad about not going last even though it had been announced a week earlier he wouldn't be? He just didn't get that memo then? I'm sure some of this is true but you can't ever tell how much is and how much is just added for clicks

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Production crew must be the best ever since they would have to fix the LED algorithms and pyro crew would've had to change up their schedule that quick if this is true.

Sportskeeda isn't exactly the most trusted sources

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Production crew must be the best ever since they would have to fix the LED algorithms and pyro crew would've had to change up their schedule that quick if this is true.

Sportskeeda isn't exactly the most trusted sources
You forget too that WWE didn't even have the hype package ready it was so abrupt when Heyman came out. I thought it was odd even before reading this. I think there's some validity here. As for the LED and pyro I think they can change that pretty quickly. I'm sure even on Raw segments sometimes change at a moments notice.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You forget too that WWE didn't even have the hype package ready it was so abrupt when Heyman came out. I thought it was odd even before reading this. I think there's some validity here. As for the LED and pyro I think they can change that pretty quickly. I'm sure even on Raw segments sometimes change at a moments notice.

Most of the hype packages throughout the night had already been shown pretty much exactly the same earlier in the week though, I doubt they were still making it and would have had it ready if the match went on later in the show. I think not showing it was to just add to the spontaneity of Heyman coming out and going right into the match (which we all thought was a great choice at the time in the live thread). This just seems to be the case of dirt sheets using what was shown on screen to make up news that sounds plausible bc they know WWE never comes out and says they're wrong bc WWE would rather acknowledge not acknowledge them. The only thing here I really put much stock in is Edge saying Brock only gave WWE a short notice that he wanted to go on first, that I can fully believe but Brock being mad at going on last when it had been announced and they've been hyping up the first women's main event? Nah, can't really see that at all unless Brock is big dumb, more believable that Brock was upset about a planned finish or whatnot instead but he still went out there and bumped his ass off for Seth even if it was short af.

I remember last year after the belt throwing story everyone was like oh that's it Brock's def done and he's dropping the belt to Roman at the Greatest Royal Rumble, and then that never happened. I just can't trust these stories when I can basically predict what they're going to say just from seeing them using what little facts are known to make up even bigger stories for years. There's definitely some truth in them and they do get a decent amount of stuff right, not saying everything is made up but it just feels like the ones that always come out of or before 'Mania are especially reaching.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Most of the hype packages throughout the night had already been shown pretty much exactly the same earlier in the week though, I doubt they were still making it and would have had it ready if the match went on later in the show. I think not showing it was to just add to the spontaneity of Heyman coming out and going right into the match (which we all thought was a great choice at the time in the live thread). This just seems to be the case of dirt sheets using what was shown on screen to make up news that sounds plausible bc they know WWE never comes out and says they're wrong bc WWE would rather acknowledge not acknowledge them. The only thing here I really put much stock in is Edge saying Brock only gave WWE a short notice that he wanted to go on first, that I can fully believe but Brock being mad at going on last when it had been announced and they've been hyping up the first women's main event? Nah, can't really see that at all unless Brock is big dumb, more believable that Brock was upset about a planned finish or whatnot instead but he still went out there and bumped his ass off for Seth even if it was short af.

I remember last year after the belt throwing story everyone was like oh that's it Brock's def done and he's dropping the belt to Roman at the Greatest Royal Rumble, and then that never happened. I just can't trust these stories when I can basically predict what they're going to say just from seeing them using what little facts are known to make up even bigger stories for years. There's definitely some truth in them and they do get a decent amount of stuff right, not saying everything is made up but it just feels like the ones that always come out of or before 'Mania are especially reaching.
I don't think it caught him by surprise or anything. I think he was mad a week ago when he found out and never stopped being mad about it. Got to the arena to find out if they changed it back and when they didn't went to Vince to demand he go on last. Like you, I don't see a reason to distrust Edge if he says it happened. Brock has a history of being hot-tempered. I understand why dirts jump the gun on him being done and whatnot, but with Brock he cools down just as fast and money always talks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Slice Wrestling, never even heard of them.

I feel like one of the easiest "stories" to write is about Brock having some kind of argument or meltdown backstage at WrestleMania, I swear we've had one for the last couple of years at least

Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Slice Wrestling has been popping up a lot lately in dirts. Not sure why, but these dirts seem to trust them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I mean i've never even heard of Sportskeeda so them using Slice Wrestling doesn't make anything more credible

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean i've never even heard of Sportskeeda so them using Slice Wrestling doesn't make anything more credible
Credible or not, a lot of people are using them. Even International Business Times that isn't even a wrestling dirt sheet.

That's all I was saying. I hadn't heard of them either, but they're everywhere right now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Using a story that paints a maligned guy rasslin fans hate in a negative light from a source that is some tweet from an account nobody had heard of.

Yeah, no axes to grind or nothing.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Using a story that paints a maligned guy rasslin fans hate in a negative light from a source that is some tweet from an account nobody had heard of.

Yeah, no axes to grind or nothing.
I don't hate Brock Lesnar, but Edge isn't just some tweet. There are actual sources here that corroborate this. :heston

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Edge didn't say he was cussing McMahon out and demanding to be on last. I just listened to that podcast.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
You well maybe we won't see brock no more. Good enough for me.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Edge didn't say he was cussing McMahon out and demanding to be on last. I just listened to that podcast.
He demanded to be first, though, right? I mean Edge confirms one part of the story, there's more validity to the rest of it.

I don't know why you're pretending like Brock Lesnar doesn't have a hot temper.

Even if he didn't yell, most likely he asked to be on first because he wasn't going on last. You can just put two and two together.