Brock Lesnar to defend Universal Championship on June 26th Raw?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I'd love to see a segment where WWE send someone to try and take the title from Lesnar. That could add some much needed context here, also it would mean that Lesnar would be able to crush someone.

If Lesnar defends the title on Raw, which is incredibly unlikely given his booking, it would be in a squash match against Ambrose.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with Lesnar not defending the title every month is that they have stripped others for that in recent times. Think about it. Naomi was only gone for about a month and she was stripped because she couldn't defend the title. When they try to have it both ways, it makes them look ridiculous.

To be fair, WWE is pretty ridiculous when it comes to logic like that.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
They rank Brock Lesnar higher above the rest. He must have an ironclad contract :kappa:

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I would love for this to be on the actual show and would do great for viewership and the ratings for that week. However, this has dark match written all over it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
I've heard an interesting theory that between now and the end of Mania 34, Brock will have six matches with the fatal 5 way participants + Strowman. This would be a great way to do a match with Wyatt
I could get on board with this, great premis, my only issue is that we know its all going to lead to Roman winning at Mania and just cant get on board with that as things are.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I could get on board with this, great premis, my only issue is that we know its all going to lead to Roman winning at Mania and just cant get on board with that as things are.

...If I was fantasy booking this, there's 2 ways of going about it.
#1 as in the other thread is just to have Roman win the title at Fireballs. Do it now, please.

But if we're thinking longnterm, I'd go ahead and have Brock beat Finn Balor, Brock beat Braun Strowman, Brock beat Wyatt at this show, then he'd beat Seth Rollins at Survivor Series... Then at the Rumble everyone will be so down. And hating Lesnar's overbooked repetitive matches again. And furious at another Roman Reigns push. And expecting such a disaster that [HASHTAG]#CanceltheWWENetwork[/HASHTAG] is trending BEFORE the show, expecting the same result as 2015 before....... Samoa Joe pins Brock Lesnar and wins the championship, AJ Styles wins the Royal Rumble and everyone's ecstatic for Wrestlemania season coming out of the PPV. Just throw a really big swerve to help us fans out.

I just don't see how you can do this without turning Joe face, though.... Maybe the swerve is best with Finn Balor slaying the Beast instead. Who knows?

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
If WWE deviate from the plan for it to be Reigns/Lesnar at Mania then it's far more likely that the title will be won by Bray Wyatt at Hell in a Cell. A swerve like that wouldn't be used on somebody that they already consider to be over, and it's very unlikely to be used on a face.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Post-Show match probably, if not it will probably be against Finn, they are gonna save Reigns for Wrestlemania next year