Brock Lesnar to defend Universal Championship on June 26th Raw?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
According to KLAC-AM 570, a local sports radio station in which iHeart has ownership interest and I was just listening to, Brock Lesnar is not only scheduled for RAW on June 26th, he will also be in action, defending the WWE Universal Championship. No mention of an opponent at the time of the advertisement though.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I don't believe it. He doesn't wrestle anything but PPV's.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
That is stupid though, if you're paying him to be on the show, why not make him defend on TV.

Or do the rates change if its 'on tv' or not?

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around Lesnar defending on RAW. If this is true it must be WWE's audible in response to Braun's injury. Even then RAW has a PPV on June 4th so why not have the match there instead of after MitB only weeks before great balls of fire?

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I don't think that the title match will actually be on the televised Raw, just the post show dark match, and he'll probably be facing the Big Show or Mark Henry, which shouldn't last any longer than two-three minutes.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Heyman introduction, bell rings, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, Suplex, F-5...1-2-3...

Yeah...I don't care...the sooner Lesnar leaves/retires the better...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hopefully the rumor is true. It'd be great if Lesnar wrestled and possibly defended the title on RAW for once.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
The summer is always a slump for television ratings. This would be a good way to drum up viewership the week before American families are all going on vacation. Smart business per usual.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I actually really like Lesnar UNTIL he gets a title. He has a great stigma, and seeing him fight very rarely is actually really cool, but when he's champion, all it does is make the title not matter in the show. I know, technically every Raw is basically five guys trying to get a shot at the title, but what does it matter if we never get to see the title in three to four months. Ah whatever, that's a topic for another day

It would be nice to see him wrestle on Raw, and I can see it happening, but I can't see it lasting longer than two minutes

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with Lesnar not defending the title every month is that they have stripped others for that in recent times. Think about it. Naomi was only gone for about a month and she was stripped because she couldn't defend the title. When they try to have it both ways, it makes them look ridiculous.