Bret Hart On Triple H

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
“I wouldn’t put him in the top 1000 great wrestlers. To me he was very mediocre.”

lol @ Bret Hart exaggerating/trolling.

He has the right to freedom of speech, he's completely wrong though.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Guess who's not gonna be on WWE TV anytime soon! But to me it does somewhat seem like Bret is just trying to piss Vince/Triple H off so he doesn't have to be on WWE TV anymore. Maybe hes had enough and this is the only way that really stops them from wanting him on if he's under a contract. God knows what is going through the guys mind.

I understand he's talking about professional wrestling and not anything else such as character, but to say he is not in the top 1000 greatest wrestlers is complete, utter bullshit. Maybe if he said top 50 or something. I would probably agree. HHH has had many great matches with other wrestlers such as Austin, Rock, Y2J, Benoit, HBK, etc back in his prime and made them look good. Hunter had a solid technical skill set and it shown in some of those matches. I'm not saying he was better than Bret or on the same level or anything like that because he damn sure isn't, but with the way his character and physique is/was, he's not the type of guy that is going to be as technical as someone such as Bret. Besides, wrestling skills will only take you so far, Bret.

Last edited:

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I can't listen to Arda Ocal so had to read the description. Hart can say whatever he wants, but he may want to watch some 2000 PPV's because it's pretty ridiculous.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You guys do realize that Hart is not just one of the gretest pro-wrestlers, he is also a world class troll.

This is why I keep him in high regard.

You guys do realize that Hart is not just one of the gretest pro-wrestlers, he is also a world class troll.

This is why I keep him in high regard.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Stirring-the-pot-80376509573.gif

Not quite the predictable, obvious troll Iron Sheik is, but Bret clearly enjoying crashing message boards with his comments. If I was a wrestler, especially a retired one, I would just turn perpetual heel and pass time talking shit on my phone all day.

Reaction score
Triple H got too many great matches .But the matter fact is,who made those matches great ? I think Bret is right. HHH is a normal brawler with some charisma for me.

...god...

Reaction score
Bret's the perfect troll because his face is absolutely devoid of all emotion. It seriously is the best and most convincing technique. I think the only one who could utilize it as well would be JR.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In one foul swoop his dislike, it may not be pure hatred now, but it still is dislike for Trips led to him putting down

- Taker (WMs, Power Trip vs BOD)
- Foley (rumble, hiac)
- Rock (iron man match)
- HBK (3soh, hiac)
- Cena
- Batista
- Orton
- Austin (that three stages of hell was fucking great)
- Jericho
- Angle
- Kane
- Edge

And a great list of others. Because I got news for you if his best is a 4/10 with Taker, then most of his matches must be shot. The moments that define many of those guys careers and make up anthologies is shit. That's what he basically said because a lot of that lists biggest and best work they have been remembered for comes against or with Hunter in many forms

----

Now I'll be the first to say HHH may not be the technical one with an encyclopedia of moves, the flashy one with flips, but you would be hard pressed to name 10 guys who in that ring can work a story and a crowd / buildup like him ever, especially like 2000 him

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Not quite the predictable, obvious troll Iron Sheik is, but Bret clearly enjoying crashing message boards with his comments. If I was a wrestler, especially a retired one, I would just turn perpetual heel and pass time talking shit on my phone all day.

Kinda makes me think how horrifying it must be to be a wrestler, regarding the internet. I couldn't imagine not neing able to make a single, cynical remark about another wrestler anywhere near the internet without dirtsheets publishing my quotes as viscious shoots.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
On the contrary, trolling from retired wrestlers is the best way to keep your name relevant and get better paydays at signings and appearances because your name is out there, and obviously people are going to want to see you to ask you a million questions about your statements and give you shit about it, and you are laughing your way all the way to the bank.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Suppose so. I guess it's a matter of asking oneself: Would I want to be Kevin Nash? Vaguely famous in the grand scheme of life, almost universally despised, but unfathomably rich.

...god...

Reaction score
On the contrary, trolling from retired wrestlers is the best way to keep your name relevant and get better paydays at signings and appearances because your name is out there, and obviously people are going to want to see you to ask you a million questions about your statements and give you shit about it, and you are laughing your way all the way to the bank.
And we all know how big of an egomaniac Hart is. Probably only 2nd to Hogan.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
In one foul swoop his dislike, it may not be pure hatred now, but it still is dislike for Trips led to him putting down

- Taker (WMs, Power Trip vs BOD)
- Foley (rumble, hiac)
- Rock (iron man match)
- HBK (3soh, hiac)
- Cena
- Batista
- Orton
- Austin (that three stages of hell was fucking great)
- Jericho
- Angle
- Kane
- Edge

And a great list of others. Because I got news for you if his best is a 4/10 with Taker, then most of his matches must be shot. The moments that define many of those guys careers and make up anthologies is shit. That's what he basically said because a lot of that lists biggest and best work they have been remembered for comes against or with Hunter in many forms

----

Now I'll be the first to say HHH may not be the technical one with an encyclopedia of moves, the flashy one with flips, but you would be hard pressed to name 10 guys who in that ring can work a story and a crowd / buildup like him ever, especially like 2000 him

I agree, in saying this Hart has actually put down a lot of wrestlers by saying that they have never been able to pull off a good match with HHH. Not sure he thinks of it that way though.

Reaction score
Although I don't like Triple H very much, Bret's claims are a little bit ridiculous. Although Triple H is not the greatest wrestler of all time, he has put on some memorable matches.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Suppose so. I guess it's a matter of asking oneself: Would I want to be Kevin Nash? Vaguely famous in the grand scheme of life, almost universally despised, but unfathomably rich.

I think at a certain point of a wrestlers life, they stop caring about what people think of them, as lon as people think of them.

Last edited by a moderator: