Breakings News: Major TNA Spoiler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aionix

Reaction score
Robert Roode just defeated James Storm to win the TNA title in Macon, GA at the Impact Wrestling taping. Yep.

PWInsider

ROODE TURNED HEEL!!!! Roode smashed a bottle over Storms head to win the title after 16 minutes of great action .

TheZig

Reaction score
What a cheap reign for Storm, But this will set up a great fued. For the first time in a long time TNA is getting their act together storyline wise.

The Neon Nyx

Reaction score
TNA just hot-shoted both the TNA World title, and a major angle in two weeks (kayfabe TV wise), when it was suppose to last two months at the least.

Last edited:

Aionix

Reaction score
I have two differing thoughts on this. On one hand, it sounds like an awesome angle and it's great to see Roode as the World Champion. At the same time, TNA has compressed months worth of booking in just three weeks .

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't get this at all. Why not just give Roode the title at BFG if they are going to give it to him on IMPACT! I can't believe this was given away for free rather than getting fans to pay to see it. Roode should have won it at BFG and then this feud should have happened over the next few months. Ridiculous.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I don't get this at all. Why not just give Roode the title at BFG if they are going to give it to him on IMPACT! I can't believe this was given away for free rather than getting fans to pay to see it. Roode should have won it at BFG and then this feud should have happened over the next few months. Ridiculous.

Not exactly, if he had of won the title he would have been over with the fans. They wanted him to win the belt as a heel, I say this was a good move because it sets up Roode vs. Storm and hey, I cannot complain.

It makes sense if they wanted Roode as a heel with the belt, pretty hard to go heel while you just win the belt as a face so... Good way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But Roode was so over as a face. Plans need to be adapted and changed depending on the crowd reactions so Roode should have won as a face. Plus they could always have turned him later whilst he held the belt.

The biggest mistake TNA made is they have now had two World title changes occur on Impact for free.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
If they want Roode as a heel which I don't think was necessary then this makes sense at it's starts the feud. However it would have made sense to put the belt on Roode anyway and had Storm win a contenders match and do the same finish instead of having Storm win the belt for no real reason.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would have had Roode win the title from Angle at BFG and have him celebrate with Storm. Then have Storm and Angle wrestle to determine the new number one contender but I would have Angle win after he cheats to beat Storm. Roode can pretend to be sad for Storm but secretly he would be happy he wasn't facing him former partner. Have Roode beat Angle again and then Roode calls someone else out as a challenger but ignores Storm. Keep this going for a few months where it eventually becomes clear that Roode is ducking Storm and doesn't want to wrestle him. This would turn Roode heel and eventually they would wrestle on PPV for the title and Storm would win the title and become a top face in TNA.​

TNA have pushed this feud through too fast. Roode and Storm winning the title is fantastic but they needed to realise that they had plenty of time. I still can't believe that two world title changes were given away for free. Doesn't this company realise that PPV buys are worth a LOT more than tv ratings.

TheZig

Reaction score
I think one thing we are missing here is that all of this has probably happened because of Kurt Angle. We know he is carrying a injury currently and the added factor he will need time off sooner or later to concentrate on his tryout for the Olympics. The finish at BFG was always going to be the same but maybe with the thought in mind that Angles body might have put up with his fued with Roode for the next month. This seems like a easy and effective way to keep Kurt fit and start a good fued.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I am shocked how many people still care about TNA but it was a good move on their part.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It is a good move, but they did it in the wrong way, this title switch should be happening on ppv. Besides with all due respect beating Storm for the title and beating Angle are two different things.