Breaking News: WWE Suspends 10 Wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
ESPN adds three more names to the online pharmcey list plus more

ESPN has an article online about the WWE suspensions, as well as the list of wrestlers that were clients of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando. ESPN is naming Shoichi Funaki, Dave Bautista (Batista), Adam Copeland (Edge), Chris Mordetsky (Masters), John Hennigan (Morrison), and Shane Helms as being clients of Signature Pharmacy. Batista, Funaki and Masters are new names to the list, while the others were included in the list published by the New York Daily News earlier today. You can read the ESPN article by clicking here.

To reiterate what was posted on the site earlier today, the list of clients at Signature is not the same as the list of WWE suspended performers, which is not known at this time.

The following article was released by the Associated Press, in which WWE spokesperson Jennifer McIntosh was contacted and would not identify the performers that violated the policy, or how they violated it.

WWE Suspends 10 Wrestlers For Policy Violations

NEW HAVEN, Conn. World Wrestling Entertainment has suspended 10 performers for violations of a policy that requires drug tests, the company said Thursday.

Stamford-based WWE says it issued suspension notices based on independent information received from investigators from the Albany County New York District Attorney’s Office.

WWE spokeswoman Jennifer McIntosh would not identify the performers or specify how they violated the policy. She referred other questions to the district attorney’s office, where a message seeking comment was left.

Under the wellness policy, which requires tests for steroids and other drugs, a wrestler faces a 30-day suspension for a first violation, a 60-day suspension for a second violation and firing for a third violation.

In June, pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and young son and hanged himself. Investigators say Benoit had a steroid and other drugs in his system at the time.

Earlier this month, WWE officials met with New York prosecutors investigating illegal steroid sales.

At the time, McIntosh confirmed the meeting but declined to comment on what was discussed.

i was wondering when masters would be added to the list

Weebo

Reaction score
does this mean that Batista has been suspended from the WWE along with Edge, Funaki and the ECW champ?

LKP

Masters didnt leran his lesson. PLus batista is obvious due to his non rematch with khali at unforgiven thast why rey is fighting him.

The Ripper

Reaction score
I belive that list alot more than the previous one. Batista and masters arnt really a big shock. Morrison is i hope to god they now put title on Punk and make him feud with Burke till cor von return

Soulpower

Batista and Orton have both been mentioned.... I solved the mystery of Evolution!

Reaction score
It says we're officially going to find out the names by Nov. 1. Now, theres I believe 14 names circulating around in this mess combining the two seperate news articles. Which mean 4 of the guys on that list won't be suspended. hell, none of them might be suspended but you would think names released as clients of a steroid distributer would be in trouble, so I don't know.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
This is great news and bad news.

Its great news because if they're going to have a drug testing program, this will show people that they are damned serious about any violations of said policy.

Its bad news because in my opinion there shouldn't be a testing policy in the first place. The wrestlers are big boys and don't need the company to play Daddy for them. Unless of course teh drugs are affecting their in ring performance of course.

Dairydude

Reaction score
This is brilliant news for so many reasons

The WWE has lost alot of top guys here, and totally fucked themselves on plot lines for the immediate future. This means new people will get the push to the limelight that they have needed/earned and hopefuly we will see some fresh feuds come out of this

Reaction score
Randy Orton, Edge, Booker T, Johny Nitro, shane Helms, and Chavo Guerrero are on the list.

The Ripper

Reaction score
It says we're officially going to find out the names by Nov. 1. Now, theres I believe 14 names circulating around in this mess combining the two seperate news articles. Which mean 4 of the guys on that list won't be suspended. hell, none of them might be suspended but you would think names released as clients of a steroid distributer would be in trouble, so I don't know.

The bit you wrote about us finding out nov 1 is wrong because there suspensions will probably be over by then. I read news article about Nov 1 thing and it actually says superstar have been told that from Nov 1 anybody who breaks Wellness policy will not have there names kept back and everybody will learn they have broke the policys rules immediatly

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Randy Orton, Edge, Booker T, Johny Nitro, shane Helms, and Chavo Guerrero are on the list.

They are on the list of people who used teh online pharmacy, for all you or I know they had legit scripts.

The actual 10 could be a far different list all together.

The bit you wrote about us finding out nov 1 is wrong because there suspensions will probably be over by then. I read news article about Nov 1 thing and it actually says superstar have been told that from Nov 1 anybody who breaks Wellness policy will not have there names kept back and everybody will learn they have broke the policys rules immediatly

That is how I interpreted it as well. These names won't be released by the WWE (though they will be released somehow no matter what) but starting November 1st they are going to begin all those who violate the policy.

Reaction score

Yeah I know, my bad. I was typing fast and it came out wrong.

The A-man

Reaction score
ImpactWrestling.com said:
Rumored Full List Of Names Suspended From WWE
Reported By RyanClark
8/30/2007

In an article by T.J. Quinn of the New York Daily News, the newspaper received a list of wrestlers who were clients of Signature Pharmacy. The names listed were:
Randy Orton Charlie Haas Adam Copeland aka Edge Robert Huffman aka King Booker Shane Helms aka Gregory Helms Mike Bucci aka Simon Dean Anthony Carelli aka Santino Marella John Hennigan aka John Morrison Darren Matthews aka William Regal Ken Anderson aka Mr. Kennedy Chavo Guerrero

ESPN added three other names Dave Bautista Shoichi Funaki Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters
First of all, I'm not sure if the information from the New York Times Daily is accurate. I will say that it is one hell of a conisidence that the names listed are guys who work for the WWE. Either a few certain somebodys are (or have been) doing "business" behind the WWE's back or someone out there is trying to fuel the fire and make Vince's 'pride and joy' look bad.....

Reaction score
I heard on the radio today that Batista is on the list of people suspended. It was on a SIRIUS Radio show. I dont know if its just speculation, but they were talking like its legit. So, if it is Batista, and the others mentioned above that may actually be suspended will be a HUGE hit to WWE