BREAKING NEWS: Shinsuke Nakamura is coming to WWE NXT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
20160127_ShinsukeNakamura_new-site.jpg

Yes, the rumors are true. Shinsuke Nakamura is coming to WWE NXT.

At Wednesday night’s NXT taping at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fla., a video announcing the impending arrival of the Japanese standout played for the live crowd, sending shockwaves through the arena and, moments later, the social media world.

Nakamura, a 14-year veteran of the squared circle, has been a leading star in the New Japan promotion since 2002. Renowned for his striking and submission ability, as well as his unorthodox charisma, Nakamura’s devastating Bomaye knee strike has felled many opponents and his smash mouth style has earned him the nickname The King of Strong Style. A three-time IWGP Champion — the same once title held by the likes of Vader, The Great Muta and AJ Styles — Nakamura is the youngest competitor to win that championship, capturing it for the first time at 23. He has taken on a who’s who of the best grapplers in the world in his career, facing the likes of Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens, Hideo Itami, WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom and The Beast Incarnate himself, Brock Lesnar.

Rumors of Nakamura coming to WWE first started in early January, along with gossip about AJ Styles and Bullet Club members Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows returning to America. Reports about Styles became truth during the 2016 Royal Rumble Match when The Phenomenal One entered at No. 3. Now, The King of Strong Style has decreed that he will be stepping between the yellow ropes in the not-so-distant future.

What does Shinsuke Nakamura have planned for NXT and The Superstars of Tomorrow? Find out by tuning into NXT, every Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Source(s): http://www.wwe.com/
After all the speculation it is official: Shinsuke Nakamura has signed with WWE. What are your reactions to this news? I'm personally excited and a bit worried at the same time.

I'm still not 100% sure WWE knows what to do with Japanese-bred superstars. We haven't had a lot of time to see if Hideo Itami was going to shine in NXT or not yet.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This could be pretty cool, I'm going to have to surely remember to keep checking out NXT. I got the Network, but barely ever watch. I really hate myself for that.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This could be pretty cool, I'm going to have to surely remember to keep checking out NXT. I got the Network, but barely ever watch. I really hate myself for that.
Yeah, you should definitely try and remember to watch NXT, especially considering it's easily the best program they're currently airing.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, you should definitely try and remember to watch NXT, especially considering it's easily the best program they're currently airing.
This is very true. NXT is easily the most bomb wrestling product in 2016.

Although, that might change soon with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens and possibly Samoa Joe competing on Raw in the future. The world is their oyster for WWE.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
BREAKING: Shinshuke Nakamura, perhaps the hottest free agent in sports-entertainment, officially signs with WWE NXT!

003_NAKAMURA_02112016gd_0090b-copy--d714bd9373c68dda725fd11ef666fa33.jpg

Shinsuke Nakamura, perhaps the hottest free agent in sports-entertainment, has officially signed with WWE NXT. The announcement was made during a press conference Monday morning in his home country of Japan.

His signing came during a whirlwind visit to the United States, which included stops at WWE World Headquarters in Stamford, Conn. and the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla.

“Talent is the lifeblood of our company, and the signing of Shinsuke Nakamura further demonstrates NXT’s commitment to bringing in the best talent from all over the world,” Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative said. “His explosive style will make an immediate impact to an already dynamic NXT men’s division.”

Shinsuke Nakamura has signed with WWE NXT! Take a look at Nakamura's trip to WWE Headquarters and the WWE Performance Center and see what Superstars like Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens and AJ Styles have to say about The King of Strong Style's arrival.

A 14-year veteran of the squared circle, Nakamura has been a top star for New Japan Pro Wrestling since 2002. He employs a hard-hitting style in the ring, incorporating blistering strikes with submission holds. The crown jewel of his arsenal is a devastating knee strike known as the Bomaye, which has felled many opponents.

Nakamura’s smash mouth offense, along with an unusual but magnetic charisma, has earned him the moniker The King of Strong Style. In New Japan, Nakamura was a three-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion — a title held by the likes of WWE Hall of Famer Antonio Inoki, Vader, The Great Muta and AJ Styles — and is the youngest competitor to earn that honor, winning it for the first time at 23. In recent years, he focused on bringing prestige to the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, a newer title in the Japanese promotion.

During his career, Nakamura has done battle with some of the best grapplers in the world, like Styles, NXT Champion Finn Bálor, Kevin Owens, Hideo Itami, WWE Performance Center Head Coach Matt Bloom and the fearsome Brock Lesnar. Now, Nakamura is ready to continue his career inside WWE rings. He will make his debut during WrestleMania 32 Week, at NXT TakeOver: Dallas on Friday, April 1. The special event will air live around the world on WWE Network, starting at 10 p.m. ET.

Stay tuned to WWE.com in the weeks leading up to TakeOver: Dallas to learn more about The King of Strong Style and find out what he has planned, now that he is officially an NXT Superstar.