Breaking News: Hogan and Bischoff to start a new Company?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Source: Dave Meltzer

In an interview with The Sun in the U.K. (www.thesun.co.uk) Hulk Hogan said that he and Eric Bischoff are about to sign a network deal for a new pro wrestling show.

"Last night me and Eric were getting ready to sign a deal with one of the TV networks here in America. We had a little bit of a problem with the licensing and merchandising, which has delayed it. But I totally expect we're going to sign the TV portion of this very soon, because there's no point in starting any sort of wrestling organization without the TV locked in place."

Hogan knocked the current WWE product in the interview, saying he's a wrestling fan but he finds WWE "pretty boring programming. It's watered down and unexciting and the viewer doesn't have any option except to have it shoved down his throat."

Hogan and Bischoff have talked for more than a year about starting a company, contacting many former WWE and WCW stars from the 80s and 90s. Before the divorce, Linda Bollea had told me Hogan and Bischoff would be starting a company, but not to compete with Vince, but to do overseas tours starring Hogan. We haven't heard any rumblings of top talent having been talked with, and there is very little in the way of free agent talent out there. If the two have legitimate network backing, they could be a player, but would need a long-term commitment or it's not even worth starting.

Hogan is believed to have put a considerable amount of money into a company where Bischoff controls the money.

Keep in mind Hogan has nearly half a dozen times at this point in time made threats of starting his own company, or strongly teased starting up with other companies. In every case, hindsight has shown the motive was to get McMahon to bring him back, since Wrestlemania season is here.

Wow, very surprising news. I certainly had not heard about this until now. Should be very interesting to see how this folds out in the coming future and what happens with it all.

Thoughts?

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
WOW

haha cool

HHHforever

Reaction score
Interesting. Probably not smart of Hogan to be dissing the WWE considering that NBC signs his American Gladiator pay check and NBC owns WWE. I'd be really surprised if this actually happened, but one never knows. Maybe they'll build the show around Bobby Lashley? In fact maybe that's why Lashley left the WWE haha.

kingovkings

Reaction score
TNA cant do it(rival WWE) so hogan and bishoff wont do it, he be wanting sum more airtime on raw or mania probs

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yea I mean TNA has been around for awhile and they're still only getting a fraction of the WWE ratings so I'd be shocked if they could actually put something together that could compete. I mean there really aren't any major names out there that are free agents and I can't see anyone jumping ship to go to a new promotion so I'm assuming as you said they're doing this for time on Raw or Mania.

The Rated R CMStar

contacting many former WWE and WCW stars from the 80s and 90s

Starting to not sound too good.

but to do overseas tours starring Hogan

C'mon, its clear that this is just Hulk Hogan wanting more participation in the WWE getting more paychecks.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
This won't last (assuming this isn't just a shout to WWE for some attention from a man who can't figure out how to work a phone). The opportunity to cash in on the "Look at me, i'm Hulk Hogan" thing is long over. And now he's saying he's contacting former stars from the 80's and 90's? What will this be called, Retired Has Been Wrestling? RHB? I'd much rather see an indy promotion strike a television deal.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I hope this true. Hogan is one of the greatest of all time, and he's not gonna let some guys who dont know how to work in his company.

kingovkings

Reaction score
i agree he wont let ppl who dnt know how to work in his comp, but he on about ppl from 80's and 90's man that sux. hogan was one of the all time greats but like the 80's n 90's its in the past things av moved on since then. id love 2 see more airtime for wrestling but that aint gunna happen

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
This is great news. I really can't wait and im waiting to see how this will come into play.

xtremebadass

Well if Hogan started a company, he would get ratings right off the bat just because he is Hulk Hogan, but if you look at it, there's not too many names out there that are well known that aren't signed with WWE or TNA, so it's bound to bomb, unless they can get COUGH Goldberg COUGH

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
Maybe some competition will light a (much needed) fire under the WWE writer's asses.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i think this is going to take off. two huge names in wrestling making a new company that will have a National or Global TV show, why wouldnt small, talented guys want to work for them. I mean Vince wont give them a chance