Breaking News: Daniel Bryan Retires - MEGA THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's really not an exaggeration. Talk to all those talents mentioned and they will readily admit that they got hired because WWE dared take shots at guys like Bryan. Hell, Majority off them have spent the evening saying the very thing on their social media accounts.

Would they have been signed without signing Bryan? Probably, but not put in the positions they are. And Bryan only getting over in 2012 is a pretty big falsehood. WWE always had plans for the guy. Look back at his WWE career and you can see that he was always involved in something. He was the litmus test for Hunter's current recruitment strategy.

Bryan got over in 2012, I'm not sure how you're linking that to the company having plans for him. He only started getting heel reactions around the end of 2011 moving in to 2012 before the squash match vs Sheamus which made him blow up as a babyface, can any one debate that? He got some solid pops during his feud vs Miz but those seemed to die down after that feud (also his return against Nexus.)

An example here when he worked a programme with Dibiase around SvS

Another example, the crowd don't seem overly interested bar when he insults Vickie.

Saying he got over prior to 2012 is the bigger falsehood.

As for the tweets : Cesaro hasn't tweeted,Rollins hasn't,Ambrose I don't even know if he has one, Zayn has (fair play on that one),Owens tweets in gimmick. I'm too lazy to look through the rest but let's just enjoy DB's career for what it was if it's a case he has retired without adding pretty outrageous claims to it (quite honestly he doesn't need them)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
He's literally accomplished everything there is to do in the WWE. Maybe not the Royal Rumble, but he was already in the main event in Mania so no need really. He had a great career, ashamed that it has to end this way. Was somewhat looking forward to Bryan/Styles, but guess not anymore.

Retired before Angle, Kane, Show, Taker, etc.
:damn:

Reactions: Swift

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Was somewhat looking forward to Bryan/Styles, but guess not anymore.
Repost from last page:

Moral of this story: Do not do diving headbutts.

Harley Race: Regrets innovating it/borderline hates himself for it.
Dynamite kid: Wheelchairbound
Benoit: Less said the better.
Bryan: Out at the hight of his popularity.

Reactions: seabs

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
SmartRemoteHoneybadger.gif

Shocking

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone needs to watch his Wrestling Road Diaries documentary.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker