Breaking News: CM Punk undergoing emergency knee surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WWE.com has learned WWE Champion CM Punk is currently undergoing surgery on his knee in Pensacola, Fla.

Last night, after Ryback drove him through a table, The Straight Edge Superstar took a late night flight to Florida for an emergency consultation with Dr. James Andrews. A review of his condition resulted in the WWE Champion’s immediate surgery today.

WWE.com will continue to report on Punk’s condition as more details become available.
This totally came out of nowhere and hope he is gonna be alright. Would blow if he missed a extended amount of time.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This report kind of makes me think they want us to think Ryback is at fault. It doesn't sound too serious though and Punk probably just wants to make sure he's as healthy as possible to continue his title reign.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Dr. James Andrews is known for dealing with big time Sports injuries. When baseball players need Tommy John surgery, he's the guy they go to. Anytime I see his name, I automatically associaite a big time surgery. I hope I'm wrong and this is nothing too major.

I may not like CM Punk, but you never want anyone to get hurt.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah somewhat comes off that way and part of me wants to think that they have Punk use this as a reason to not wrestle Ryback at TLC since Punk is the kind of guy who won't get surgery unless he absolutely has to. Guess we'll find out.

Killz

Reaction score
Crazy because Punk has said numerous times he doesn't have surgery and he's proud of how he maintains his body and recovers. Not saying people who have surgery are weak or whatever but if he IS having surgery then you can bet it's absolutely vital and given where he's having it and who with; it's sort of worrying.

Here's hoping he doesn't miss time and can totally close out his reign as intended. He's lucky with this reign and his one prior that in all those days he hasn't had something cut him down given all the dates and matches superstars work.

Here's to a healthy recovery.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm goin' with kayfabe story for WWE.com now.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Maybe they realized there is no good way to do another dirty finish at TLC between he and Ryback, maybe he really is hurt and that has to put Punk/Rock at the Rumble in jeopardy, either way this is interesting news and you'd think if it was an angle they would have had him play it up last night at least a little, I mean they had Cena pretend to roll his ankle/twist his knee for part of an angle they just dismissed right away... if they planned on a kayfabe surgery to get Punk out of the TLC match you think they would have made note of something looking wrong with him last night

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I'm goin' with kayfabe story for WWE.com now.

The reason I don't think it's kayfabe is because:

1)They named the surgeon that performed Punk's surgery.

2) A powerbomb through a table isn't the best way to cause a knee surgery.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Thinking back, Am I wrong in remembering him hobbling a bit on last week's Raw during his match with Kane and I think Cole and lawler even made note of it... Maybe they knew of a problem and since they wouldn't be far from Florida thye waited a week before sending him to Dr. Andrews.... Gonna look for a clip of that match to see if I'm remembering right

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thinking back, Am I wrong in remembering him hobbling a bit on last week's Raw during his match with Kane and I think Cole and lawler even made note of it... Maybe they knew of a problem and since they wouldn't be far from Florida thye waited a week before sending him to Dr. Andrews.... Gonna look for a clip of that match to see if I'm remembering right
I remember what you're talking about and saw a few people talk about it but I didn't really pay it any mind. That very well could be possible.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
just watched the clips and his left knee is wrapped up under his knee pad and they do make mention of it during the match.... at the end when he lifts Kane to hit GTS you can clearly see him having trouble putting weight on it and the move looks a little awkward and after hitting it he falls to the mat and grabs that knee.... Either he is legit hurt or one hell of an actor

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE broke the story today that WWE Champion CM Punk is undergoing "emergency" knee surgery today in Pensacola, FL.

Immediately after last night's RAW, Punk's knee was examined Dr. James Andrews and the decision was made for him to undergo surgery immediately.

Punk has been working with a bad knee for several weeks, but it's still unclear at this point exactly what the issue is and the expected recovery time. However, Dave Meltzer of f4wonline.com is now reporting that the surgery was supposed to be minor, but now it's looking like the damage was worse than originally expected and Punk won't be wrestling in the main event of the upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view as advertised.
Most important thing is to make sure he's ready for the Rumble and WrestleMania season.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If that report is true, it'll be interesting to see what WWE does with the WWE Championship.

I doubt they give it to Ryback uncontested

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Until someone other then Dave Meltzer reports not believing anything the guy never gets anything right how he still has a job I.have no idea.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
If that report is true, it'll be interesting to see what WWE does with the WWE Championship.

I doubt they give it to Ryback uncontested

Who wants to bet if Punk is forced to abdicate the title that John Wigger Jorts Cena is automatically given a title shot? I'll bet Christmas on it.