Breaking EXCLUSIVE Update: Awesome Kong-Bubba Backstage Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Part I
As reported earlier, AngryMarks.com has a report from today's Bubba The Love Sponge show. Hulk Hogan was a guest today, and they discussed the real reason Bubba was sent home, Awesome Kong apparently beat him up for the remarks he made in regards to Haiti. Once gain, here is what was said on the show…

Bubba: She was wearing wrestling gear, and she came in on me and sucker punched me right on my left cheeck, and I was like, what's going on... then she came out me again, hit me again in the mouth, and she goes, "This if for Haiti! This is for Haiti!" and I'm lke "What is going on?" Finally I put my left hand out and push her away from me, and she comes at me again and I just cover up, because I cannot fight back on a woman. Not only will I be fired from TNA, which I probably am, but my radio career is gone if I take a woman out!

Hulk Hogan: I tell you what, after what happened, if you had clocked her you'd have got away with it. What nobody knows, and this is the real truth, that there were certain people there... she should get off the property, she should be fired immediately, that's it. It was so violent. You could have actually lost an eye, you could have had your teeth knocked out. But, to give you your creedo, you are the one who said not to fire her.

As I EXCLUSIVELY noted earlier, Awesome Kong did attack radio show host and TNA backstage personality Bubba the Love Sponge at yesterday's iMPACT! taping in Orlando. Kong was reportedly upset due to the "F--- Hati" [sic] tweet Bubba posted on his Twitter account over the weekend. She has been taking part in fundraising efforts for the relief fund for Haiti, which was rocked by an earthquake last week.

I'm told the fight had to be broke up by several people backstage.

Bubba was sent home from yesterday's taping, as was Kong.

A source within the company notes that Bubba has major heat in the locker room.

Should Awesome Kong be fired for assaulting Bubba? We have a thread going on our forums about this, you can go to the thread by clicking here.

Part II:
TNA tapes iMPACT! tonight and tomorrow night at Universal Studios.

Jeremy Borash appeared on the "Right After Wrestling" radio show on SIRIUS Radio Channel 98 last night. During his appearance, he stated that he will still make his online appearances for TNA while his character is off TV.

WWE has partnered with AmeriCares to assist with the disaster relief efforts in Haiti. You can text the word “liveâ€￾ to 25383 to donate $10.

From Lee Raelph, regarding TNA PPV in the UK: As noted the Genesis PPV will air over here on BT Vision only which has approximately 436,000 subscribers since it is available to customers of BT's Total Broadband service only. Compare that to the nationwide availability of SKY which has approximately 9.5 MILLION subscribers and Virgin Media with approximately 3.7 MILLION subscribers- both of which carry the BRAVO 2 channel former home to TNA PPVs (which BT Vision does not) - I'm sure you can plainly see what a baffling and counter productive move this is for TNA and its UK fans. And with an imminent UK tour the timing is rather unfortunate too.

The word going around backstage is that the incident with Awesome Kong beating up Bubba the Love Sponge was "far worse" than Bubba described it today. Note from Ryan Clark: I've heard that Kong went absolutely ballistic, was screaming very loudly, and would not back off Bubba as others tried to break it up. Both were sent home after the incident. It's time to get rid of Bubba but he brings them crazy publicity with his two radio shows.

What do you think? Should Awesome Kong be fired for assaulting Bubba, or should TNA get rid of Bubba?

I think in a time and other times like this, Bubba deserved it. No one should degrade the situation in Haiti for any reason. Also, even if you are a man that speaks this mind, one should also have a cut off valve to control what comes out of it as well...that is just being mature period.

Do I think Kong should be fired, no. Sure she over reacted, but Bubba, I think he should be severely reprimanded or fired. TNA if anything does not need bad or negative press and Bubba has already been on the hot seat as it was.

What do you guys think?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Why the hell should Bubba be fired? Because he spoke his mind on a subject outside of TNA? Because he didn't fight back while Kong went apeshit on him, even though he was more than justified in hitting a woman in this case? Like him or not, this specific incident is reason for Kong to be fired, not Bubba. Props to Bubba for requesting she not be fired after all that. That's called putting the business before what you personally want - something Hogan can't seem to grasp.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Why the hell should Bubba be fired? Because he spoke his mind on a subject outside of TNA? Because he didn't fight back while Kong went apeshit on him, even though he was more than justified in hitting a woman in this case? Like him or not, this specific incident is reason for Kong to be fired, not Bubba. Props to Bubba for requesting she not be fired after all that. That's called putting the business before what you personally want - something Hogan can't seem to grasp.

Agreed 100%

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Let's see if Kong gets fired for punching out a loudmouth worthless sack-a-shit radio DJ who said "Fuck Hati" which side do you think everyone will go on? Bubba was smart not to hit her, mainly because she would have killed him. He really should be fired, not only from TNA, but his radio gig as well for him comments about Haiti.

Mr.Enigma

Reaction score
Well yeah, he did ask that she not be fired, and that is admirable at the least. But come on, because he spoke on something not in TNA versus something in TNA is not the point at all.

Just as I respect your decision, does not mean that it is always the right timing for someone to speak on that freedom of speech. Sure Kong took things too far, but then again, you have to honestly ask yourself, did she? I think not in terms of her reaction, but in regards of how far that reaction went, yes she did. Fired, no, I think not. Reprimanded, yeah. On Bubba not hitting her back, (F) that. I would have hit her back just given her size and known aggression alone.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You can either say what you want whenever you want or you can't say anything at all.

MizMasta3000

Kong went postal! While i respect her passion for Haiti and understand why she would be angry but that is going too far IMO. She could have sat Bubba down and talked like two adults and avoid the company this negative publicity and save their jobs. People don't think before they act.

LKP

Yeah i read this today. Bubba and Kong are both in the right.
And do not get me started on tna taking off bravo for ppvs. Bt vision no one has that at all. Tna need to show impact and ppvs on sky. When they come here next week im sure the UK crowds will chant it to Dixie.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

This is where Hogan's butt buddyship with Bubba could be bad for Kong even though she's kinda in the right though her methods of showing it may not have been the most civil. Why do I get the feeling Kong is gonna end up getting completely buried and end up jobbing to Brooke Hogan?