Breaking Bad Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
We’re getting near the end of Breaking Bad, which means we’ll have to say goodbye to a whole lot of great characters. But perhaps not Saul Goodman, the lawyer played by Bob Odenkirk.

According to Deadline, “There are no deals in place yet as the project is in its nascent stages, but I hear it is being conceived by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan and series writer-producer Peter Gould, who created the Saul character together for a Season 2 episode written by Gould.”

Deadline continues: “Saul has served as Breaking Bad’s comic relief, which is not surprising given Odenkirk’s strong comedy background. As a result, I hear the potential spinoff is eyed as a comedy, which could be one-hour, but a half-hour format also is being explored.”

Thoughts?

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
This could either be fantastic, or a total flop, obviously I'm hooing for the former, and if Vince helps out on this as well, it could well be brilliant.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian said:
It's a comedy show which I'm skeptical about. Hopefully it's good.

Yep me too, Breaking Bad is really funny at times but I'm not sure it could carry out a whole half hour or whatever of it.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
By the way have you seen the tribute The Simpsons did for Breaking Bad? It's pretty cool although I don't really like The Simpsons.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The Cole Train said:
By the way have you seen the tribute The Simpsons did for Breaking Bad? It's pretty cool although I don't really like The Simpsons.

Nope. I'll watch it even though The Simpsons kinda sucks now. Did you watch Dexter?

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian said:
Nope. I'll watch it even though The Simpsons kinda sucks now. Did you watch Dexter?

I've watched the first 3 episodes but with me being on holiday I haven't been able to watch the rest, I'm going to carry on watching though. I'll maybe watch a couple more tonight actually.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian said:
The whole first season is one story. Also it has nudity so make sure to watch with your family.

:gusta: I'll bring my nana round to watch with me.

Yeah, I like this villain so far, it was cool in the first episode when he was following the truck and he threw the head out, it looks like a smart show, if nothing else it will help ease the pain waiting for Breaking Bad.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The first few episodes are a bit slow but they pick up. I actually hate long ass shows, but this one is an exception. Reminds me of how much I hate Game of Thrones at times.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian said:
Breaking Bad is kind of a dark humour show. That's what I like about it. If it's something like most sitcoms and has that gay background laugh, it can ruin it.

This completely, but surely Vince wouldn't do that, I hope not at least. Also yeah, I'm guessing this will stay quiet dark, but if Saul is the main character he's always been more cheesy so maybe it will just be like the typical american comedy, I'm hoping with him covering a lot of gritty cases though, it might stay stay dark.

I still laugh so much at the Jesse/Walter/Skyler dinner scene, it's so perfectly done.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian said:
The first few episodes are a bit slow but they pick up. I actually hate long ass shows, but this one is an exception. Reminds me of how much I hate Game of Thrones at times.

Yeah, it does seem slow but I haven't minded it that much so far, Breaking Bad was the same, it's basically just introducing characters.

I feel like I should watch Game of Thrones but I heard it's almost all just nudity and sex scenes, is it worth a watch. (If I do watch it, it'll only be after I'm done with Dexter)

And btw, have you ever seen The Shield?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be Joey. :urm:
Like, from Friends.

I have a couple of favourite scenes like...
When Jesse is in the hospital when he got beat up by Hank and Saul was like to Walt, "You're officially the cute one of the group."

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The Cole Train said:
And btw, have you ever seen The Shield?

I saw them against Hell No and Ryback

56d31da83d187e491b3deb31cdfa92c3._.jpg

That guy was injured.