Bray Wyatt vs. Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hey All,

As I'm sure you all know, Wyatt got killed by Cena on Raw. It was supposed to be "comparable" to the beating that Cena took at SummerSlam at the hands of Brock Lesnar. I had to post something about this match as I thought it was complete garbage and made Bray Wyatt look very, very weak.

First off, Bray and Cena just got done battling not too long ago. Not only was Wyatt a formidable opponent for Cena, but he holds a victory over him as well (Extreme Rules). Having Wyatt get stomped on by Cena and suplexed numerous times is ridiculous.

Second, Bray and Cena's last match was great and Bray almost won that contest. It was a very back and forth match. This match on Raw, however, made everything that Bray's done to Cena look like a joke.

Lastly, I'm just disappointed with how WWE handled this situation. I understand they want to make Cena look strong and powerful, but having him kill Bray, a man who he struggled fighting in 3 straight matches, is stupid and makes no sense. It belittles Bray and makes him look weak heading into a match with Jericho.

Thoughts? Opinions? Concerns?

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can't argue with everything that you've just written. Everything about your post is correct. Guess Cena's the best at burying talent.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
In this case, yes, he totally buried Bray being one of the top heels.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That was the point. Bray Wyatt was a pretty formidable opponent for Cena earlier this year, yet Cena with his new-found aggression was able to run through him now like it was no problem (although to be fair, it took four people just to defeat Cena by escaping the cage at Extreme Rules back in May.) The Cena you saw get squashed at Summerslam isn't gonna be the same Cena you see at Night Of Champions. I know it's a shame that Bray had to be sacrificed in this case, but still. If he were just running through people like Titus O'Neal, no one would care or make a big deal out of it. Cena even on his worst day could squash guys like him with no problem.

I personally don't care for it much either (although I didn't even pay attention to the match, I'm just going by what others are saying about it), especially since they're putting Wyatt over Jericho (presumingly for a second time at Night Of Champions) and making him look like a nobody to John Cena does no one any favors. I would have just as well preferred seeing Rocky-like training videos like they've done this with Cena in the past where they show him training more for one match than he's ever trained before, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
That was the point. Bray Wyatt was a pretty formidable opponent for Cena earlier this year, yet Cena with his new-found aggression was able to run through him now like it was no problem (although to be fair, it took four people just to defeat Cena by escaping the cage at Extreme Rules.) The Cena you saw get squashed at Summerslam isn't gonna be the same Cena you see at Night Of Champions. I know it's a shame that Bray had to be sacrificed in this case, but still. If he were just running through people like Titus O'Neal, no one would care or make a big deal out of it. Cena even on his worst day could squash guys like him with no problem.

I personally don't care for it much either (although I didn't even pay attention to the match, I'm just going by what others are saying about it), especially since they're putting Wyatt over Jericho (presumingly for a second time at Night Of Champions) and making him look like a nobody to John Cena does no one any favors. I would have just as well preferred seeing Rocky-like training videos like they've done this with Cena in the past where they show him training more for one match than he's ever trained before, but it is what it is.
Well, I get the "point" behind why they did it. I simply don't agree with it being Bray, however. You have a young talent, up and coming, lots of potential, and you have Cena bury him simply because he needs to look strong against Brock.....silly WWE bs. Have him run through Kane? Idk someone else?

Yes, exactly, this makes both Jericho and Bray's match look stupid. Like Wyatt beat Jericho, a man who's beaten Cena before, but Wyatt was literally killed by Cena on Raw 3 weeks ago....makes no sense.

I would rather see videos like that as well, but even if they wanted to go this route, doing it with Bray is dumb. Kane or orton, someone else.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
d312c2b65c1dfd72ad0e42b0d2890b64.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Granted, I didn't see the segment. So take this post with a grain of salt.

As crazy as it is... there was a burial here, but it wasn't the Wyatt Family who still haven't recovered from Battleground. Rather, the person buried was John Cena himself.

One of the biggest issues with the Cena character was that he was overpushed. He was 2-3 steps above the rest of the WWE roster, which, combined with all the other complaints we can make about the Cena character, made every young talent who faced him the unintentional babyface... Now, for once in his career, the roles were reversed. Brock Lesnar is like 10 steps above the rest of the roster right now after Cena took the asskicking of a lifetime. He's gotta still be hurting come NoC, so he's the guy who has to fight valiantly against the odds for the first time in his career, right?

It just seemed too obvious that was the direction they were going in and seemed like a really good idea, so I can't believe they let him whallop the Wyatt Family again. Does it really help you believe Cena has a chance against Brock? Not really. All it did was no-sell the first beating and hurt the Wyatts. Maybe this is a "more motivated John Cena" in kayfabe, but I'm a little uneasy thinking Cena wasn't fully motivated to face Brock to begin with. If that makes sense.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score

As crazy as it is... there was a burial here, but it wasn't the Wyatt Family who still haven't recovered from Battleground. Rather, the person buried was John Cena himself.

One of the biggest issues with the Cena character was that he was overpushed. He was 2-3 steps above the rest of the WWE roster, which, combined with all the other complaints we can make about the Cena character, made every young talent who faced him the unintentional babyface... Now, for once in his career, the roles were reversed. Brock Lesnar is like 10 steps above the rest of the roster right now after Cena took the asskicking of a lifetime. He's gotta still be hurting come NoC, so he's the guy who has to fight valiantly against the odds for the first time in his career, right?

It just seemed too obvious that was the direction they were going in and seemed like a really good idea, so I can't believe they let him whallop the Wyatt Family again. Does it really help you believe Cena has a chance against Brock? Not really. All it did was no-sell the first beating and hurt the Wyatts. Maybe this is a "more motivated John Cena" in kayfabe, but I'm a little uneasy thinking Cena wasn't fully motivated to face Brock to begin with. If that makes sense.
It does make sense. He beat Lesnar before, in a gimmick match no less.
I wouldn't have given a f*** either. I'm John Cena and Lesnar beat an old prune at Wrestlemania. LOL I'm supposed to be scared?
I'm John Cena I could have beaten Undertaker in 5 moves.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

I agree completely. I feel that this doesn't help Cena's cause and even if it did, he shouldn't have beaten up on Bray Wyatt.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Well, Wyatts aren't going anywhere anyway. Just jobbers. Don't care anymore
I was in a conflict between dislike or disagree. But I can't let ma boi Husky down. Nothing personal.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I agree completely. I feel that this doesn't help Cena's cause and even if it did, he shouldn't have beaten up on Bray Wyatt.
I figured as much. You're probably the 'feeling' type.
For lack of a better word, you're being rather ignorant, don't you think?
It's okay for Lesnar to beat up Cena but it isn't okay for for Cena to beat up Wyatt? That's very contradictory.
This is wrestling and beating people is how you get noticed. I have no idea of your rationale at all.

WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Reaction score
So I wasn't the only one ticked off about Raw. The way The Wyatt Family is being booked isn't right. The Wyatts really needed the win. So the Wyatts had one of the best matches of the year with The Shield earlier on in the year and now they're being put down by John Cena. This is not ok. You would think that with The Shield being no more that they would use the Wyatts to full advantage. The Wyatts, and The Shield have been the most exciting part of WWE for me. Well... Things may not be looking very good for The Wyatts at the moment, but I'd still tune in to see Bray's promos. I wonder something though... Is it really John Cena's fault for what's happened to The Wyatts or is it someone else's fault?

Reactions: edge4ever

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I wonder something though... Is it really John Cena's fault for what's happened to The Wyatts or is it someone else's fault?

Well, seeing as how Cena simply does what he's told (despite the kind of pull he must have), I'd say it was Creative's fault.