Bray Wyatt sucks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This makes a strange kind of sense, though. Remember, the Bray Wyatt character is based, very loosely, on the character of Max Cady in the movie Cape Fear, particularly the version of him from the 1991 remake that featured Robert DeNiro in the role. What is probably the most disturbing thing about Cady is that he is so damn likable. Watching the movie, you find yourself liking this evil, despicable character.

Of all of the aspects of the Cady character that came into the Bray Wyatt character, the one Husky (or Wyndham, if you prefer) captured the best was that dark likability and charisma. So, people unacquainted with the character (the "casuals", as we refer to them), he might be cheered. Characters like this are dangerous for just that reason, from a storytelling standpoint. You can never be sure how the crowd's going to react.

wk

Great reference with Cape Fear, I did not know that. I was under the impression it was Manson Family influenced.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
This makes a strange kind of sense, though. Remember, the Bray Wyatt character is based, very loosely, on the character of Max Cady in the movie Cape Fear, particularly the version of him from the 1991 remake that featured Robert DeNiro in the role. What is probably the most disturbing thing about Cady is that he is so damn likable. Watching the movie, you find yourself liking this evil, despicable character.

Of all of the aspects of the Cady character that came into the Bray Wyatt character, the one Husky (or Wyndham, if you prefer) captured the best was that dark likability and charisma. So, people unacquainted with the character (the "casuals", as we refer to them), he might be cheered. Characters like this are dangerous for just that reason, from a storytelling standpoint. You can never be sure how the crowd's going to react.

wk

I completely agree. You need to think that all that, mixed with the fact WWE very rarely debut interesting characters, is going to play on the casuals mind. It's the same with Ambrose in a sense; Joker was absolutely loved as the bad guy in The Dark Knight, and Ambrose's character is pretty similar to Heath Ledger's version, but you'll never know if they can get it over as a heel if you don't book them like one. Bray has done literally nothing heel-ish during this run apart from take out Kane. I can sympathise with WWE as there isn't really a face over enough for them to put him up against without shooting him to the top too soon.

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
All talk no action thats what he is. Seriously WWE made a big deal on his debut and now look weeks later hes doing nothing. Just do something or get the fuck out and all that beating up random wrestlers doesnt mean shit get feuding with someone and build up a story

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
All talk no action thats what he is. Seriously WWE made a big deal on his debut and now look weeks later hes doing nothing. Just do something or get the fuck out and all that beating up random wrestlers doesnt mean shit get feuding with someone and build up a story

They had something with Kane, using Bray to write him off so he at least has a story prepared for a later time. The gap hasn't been well thought out I agree but he is building a story. This corporation storyline has pushed most things to nothing sadly.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Can I ask again how any of your points make Bray Wyatt suck? You never answered my previous post, instead you just continued to prove my point. W/e You're impossible.

Reactions: Wacokid27

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Wyatt family in general is a great addition to the WWE, I think Bray is going to be a pretty good talent in the future for the company I mean they have to find someone demented enough to replace characters like Kane and Undertaker now that their age is pretty high up there in number. Oh and hey look he got Daniel Bryan/Wyatt to "join" him for the time being so we'll see how that all plays out.. Also didn't Bray have a match vs Kane at Summer Slam? I think that's pretty solid for someone who is thought to suck by anyone.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Erm... Can we just have one huge opinion thread for BLFFL to post all her opinions in? :haha:

Reactions: Aids Johnson

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
DAMMIT! THIS IS OLD! :angry: