Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
works for me, just back from the pub watching it, good fight, was thinking draw o the cards for a while, but what a finish

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
works for me, just back from the pub watching it, good fight, was thinking draw o the cards for a while, but what a finish
That uppercut from AJ that was the moment when I knew it was over

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That uppercut from AJ that was the moment when I knew it was over

Gotta be one of the best single shots of the year.

AJ has now proven his chin is reliable (pretty much anyone would have gone down from that shot from WK) and that his power carries in the later rounds which is huge. Fury if he's motivated and not clinically obese should be a great fight but I don't see much of a challenge bar that for Joshua now. Wilder whilst he has a monster right hand is too sloppy with his foot work and will get caught off balance and Parker looks a bit too simplistic.

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
AJ and his team probably learnt more from this one fight than the last 6 put together, they know he can go the distance, they know he can take the big shots. Cannot wait for him to ffight again.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence Jr. for Brook's IBF Welterweight title was a great fight. Spence knocks Brook down in the tenth round but Brook comes fighting back later in the round to make it a competitive fight. That tenth round is candidate for Ring Magazine's Round of the Year!

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
James DeGale vs. Badou Jack is a must see fight. It was a unification bout for the WBC and IBF Super middleweight titles. It was see-saw battle with DeGale scoring a flash knockdown in the first round and Badou fighting his way back into the fight in the later rounds, even knocking DeGale down in the twelfth round.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I was watching Antoine Douglas vs. Gary O'Sullivan middleweight bout on HBO. Sullivan pulled off an upset, winning by seventh round KO. Gary O'Sullivan bears a resemblance to WWE Superstar Cesaro and I want to be the first to say it.
Spike O'Sullivan.jpg
Cesaro.jpg

Last edited:

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Anyone see the George Groves vs Chris Eubank fight? Groves absolutely schooled Eubank and I think he was close to knocking him out in the later rounds.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I was watching Antoine Douglas vs. Gary O'Sullivan middleweight bout on HBO. Sullivan pulled off an upset, winning by seventh round KO. Gary O'Sullivan bears a resemblance to WWE Superstar Cesaro and I want to be the first to say it. View attachment 4482 View attachment 4483
He was a boxer? Cesaro?
Never Mind. Wow, that look so much alike. Lol

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Here are pictures of Gary O'Sullivan and Cesaro. They do look alike.
Spike O'Sullivan tux.jpg
Cesaro, Instagram 002.jpg

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Luis Ortiz fought well against Deontay Wilder. Ortiz suffered a flash knockdown in the fifth round. He got up and hurt Wilder very badly in the seventh. I had Ortiz up ahead until he was TKO'd in the tenth round. I hope he challenges for the title again in the future.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I just finished watching the Adonis Stevenson vs. Badou Jack fight for Stevenson's WBC Light Heavyweight title. Stevenson got off to a fast start, winning the first six rounds but Badou won rounds 7, 8, and 9. Badou Jack fought well, but he started winning rounds way too late in the fight. The judges scored it a draw.

I had Stevenson ahead 116-112.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Wilder vs Tyson is gonna be big. Wilder just gonna win tho