Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Just finished watching Jhack Tepora vs. Oscar Escandon. Tepora is an undefeated featherweight with a won-loss record of 23 wins, 0 losses while Oscar Escandon is in his mid-30's. The veteran Escandon pulled off the upset, knocking Tepora out in the first round with a bodyshot. I was in a state of shock!

Tepora was a good sportsman though, hugging Escandon and applauding him.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Gervonta Davis won the WBA lightweight title, knocking Yuriorkis Gamboa down in the 2nd, 8th, and 12th rounds. Unofficial judge Steve Farhood had it lopsidedly for Davis but I beg to differ as I saw Gamboa winning the 7th, 10th, and 11th rounds as Davis was slowing down in those rounds.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Gervonta Davis won the WBA lightweight title, knocking Yuriorkis Gamboa down in the 2nd, 8th, and 12th rounds. Unofficial judge Steve Farhood had it lopsidedly for Davis but I beg to differ as I saw Gamboa winning the 7th, 10th, and 11th rounds as Davis was slowing down in those rounds.

Yeah good win for Davis who is moving up in the World. Gamboa years ago seemed like a talent who promise and his soft chin has hurt him so many times in his Career. Gamboa won enough Rounds I thought to warrant an rematch down the line good for him.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Jean Pascal defended his WBA light Heavyweight title against Badou Jack on the undercard and this fight stole the show! Pascal got off to an early lead, winning the first four rounds and knocking Badou down in the fourth round. Badou came on strong in the later rounds and scored a knockdown in the twelfth round. The final round was give-and-take. Pascal wins a close split decision.

Badou, once again, came up short in his bid to win a title. He's fought to draws with James DeGale and Adonis Stevenson in his previous challenges.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Elin Cederroos beating Alicia Napoleon-Espinosa to unify the WBA and IBF Super middleweight titles is another reason why the women's rounds should be a minute longer. Women's boxing is two minutes a round. Cederroos knocked Napoleon-Espinosa in the second round. Napoleon-Espinosa fought well enough to win the 3rd, 4th, and 6th rounds. But Elin Cederroos swept the last four rounds to win the fight.

All the judges scored it 95-54 for Cederroos but I had Cederroos winning 96-93.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
I dislike Boxing on ESPN. If a fight starts at 5:00 pm, ESPN will show it at 6:00 pm because they're airing some stupid college football game. It happened with Shakur Stevenson vs. Toka Khan Clary where there was a one-hour delay because ESPN was airing college football. Similar problem happened with Terence Crawford vs Kell Brook where there was a thirty-minute delay.

Last edited:

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
March 8th marks the 50th Anniversary of Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier I. ESPN digitally remastered "The Fight of the Century" so it had much better picture quality. Commentator Don Dunphy was on-point calling the action. ESPN should've aired this historic fight at a better time rather than 1:00 am in the morning.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Juanfran Estrada v. Roman Gonzalez for the Super Flyweight title this saturday.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
ESPN digitally remastered Ali vs. Frazier rounds 1-8 but rounds 9 and 10 were aired in its original grainy footage and only snippets of the tenth round was shown before it abruptly cut to the brawl between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier in Howard Cosell's studio. It's baffling as to why ESPN would not digitally remaster rounds 9-10 like they did the rest of the fight.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Benn v. Vargas this weekend. I think Benn's gonna take it, but can't discount the experience factor.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I was right :). Benn destroyed him in about 70s

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Ben Askren vs Jakey Jake Paul in an hour and a half, I wish I could bet on Benny but alas I am cringe