Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
What a drop dead retirement match. Khan vs. Mayweather for his absolute final fight and a chance at 50-0!
I'll never get why people are always hyping Khan up, he's not that great imo. Poor defense, chinny and not that great on offense when he's compensating for the previous two points. Is he a big draw in the US or something?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'll never get why people are always hyping Khan up, he's not that great imo. Poor defense, chinny and not that great on offense when he's compensating for the previous two points. Is he a big draw in the US or something?
He's really popular amongst the large brown minority.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What a drop dead retirement match. Khan vs. Mayweather for his absolute final fight and a chance at 50-0!

Meh. He should have been the 49th, but alas, he has no chance of beating Mayweather imo.

I'd rather just see either a rematch with Pacquiao (which is what will most likely happen) or see a young boxer like Danny Garcia get the shot instead.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Khan was fasting for Ramadan wasn't he? It'd be a huge step up but I'd like to see Kell Brook get a shot at Floyd. He's only got the IBF belt which is ranked really poorly but he has power, a decent boxing brain and is a geniune Welterweight rather than a lot of the guys in the mix. Golovkin at 54 would be fantastic also, his footwork could cause Floyd issues.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Khan was fasting for Ramadan wasn't he? It'd be a huge step up but I'd like to see Kell Brook get a shot at Floyd. He's only got the IBF belt which is ranked really poorly but he has power, a decent boxing brain and is a geniune Welterweight rather than a lot of the guys in the mix. Golovkin at 54 would be fantastic also, his footwork could cause Floyd issues.

Yeah, but he was lobbying hard for a shot at Mayweather this past Saturday. He even expressed huge disappointment when he wasn't chosen.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I personally think Khan can really give a fight to Floyd.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
@Tsar

Rumor is that rigondeaux v lomachenko is to be announced soon whos your money on for that if it comes off

Also khan might be facing provodnikov in November I see him loosing that if that fight comes off

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Kind of a though one. Rigondeaux has the record and skill advantage but Lomachenko has the momentum and popularity advantage. I'm gonna bet on Rig on this one.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Tsar's Rankings (This Week: Welterweights)

#1 - Floyd Maywhether Jr. - Retiring at 49-0 and won his retirement match.
#2 - Tim Bradly Jr. - I have a sweet spot for this guy because of his match with Brandon Rios in Nov.
#3 - Brandon Rios - ^^^
#4 - Kell Brook - His match in Argentina is gonna be a great fight. I can just feel it.
#5 - Amir Khan - Hopefully we get Amir vs. Manny?

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The Tsar's Rankings (This Week: Welterweights)

#1 - Floyd Maywhether Jr. - Retiring at 49-0 and won his retirement match.
#2 - Tim Bradly Jr. - I have a sweet spot for this guy because of his match with Brandon Rios in Nov.
#3 - Brandon Rios - ^^^
#4 - Kell Brook - His match in Argentina is gonna be a great fight. I can just feel it.
#5 - Amir Khan - Hopefully we get Amir vs. Manny?
No room for Keith thurman?

Also I'm backing lomachenko for the win i kinda have a little soft spot for him i just love the fact he wanted a world title fight in his very first fight definitely didnt wanna mess around lol

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Kell isn't fighting in Argentina, he's fight down t'road. Rigo is gonna beast mode against Loma also and I really dig Loma so far.

No room for Keith thurman?

Also I'm backing lomachenko for the win i kinda have a little soft spot for him i just love the fact he wanted a world title fight in his very first fight definitely didnt wanna mess around lol
He's one of the GOAT ammys isn't he?