Boxing Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Same, Canelo is the bigger, badder fighter of the two. He's extremely powerful for his weight class, and is amongst the top ranked today.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm betting Berto does a hell of a lot better against Mayweather than people expect him to come September 12th. Him winning would arguably be the biggest upset in boxing history, but imagine how big of a deal it would be to just give Mayweather his first official knockdown.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I guess, but many people overlook that one because he was the one willingly bending over from the pain of his broken hand. He's never been properly put on his ass by another fighter.
He's still been officially knocked down,most people class him as being knocked down by Juddah also but that isnt official.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He's still been officially knocked down,most people class him as being knocked down by Juddah also but that isnt official.

He didn't literally get knocked down though, so a lot of people will be more apt to ignore it. If Berto brings the power to Mayweather and hits a really excellent punch or two (and maybe one of his sick uppercuts) and literally puts Floyd on his back, that will carry a million times more weight than Mayweather himself taking the time to tend to their own hand that they broke punching their opponent.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I highly doubt Berto will accomplish the feat of beating Floyd, but I can expect him to do better than what people are giving him credit for.

Reactions: Red Rain

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
seabs -

Santa Cruz vs. Mares was a house of fury, right from the opening bell. The match ran fluidly and violently through the first half of the 12 round fight, but it started slowing down. Mares had 2-3 horrible gashes over his right eye. It was a bad ass brawl.

Leo Santa Cruz continues his undefeated streak, winning by a 12 round majority decision.

Some more - if you're not convinced to check it out. Seriously, check it out. PBC has some of the best feather/light weights in the industry.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The Tsar's Rankings (This Week: Featherweights!)

#1. Leo Santa Cruz - He's done tremendous. He's young, fast, powerful and extremely calculated.
#2. Fernando Montiel - Since moving up to the featherweight ranks, he's been on a 4 (5?) fight winning streak.
#3. Abner Mares - He put up a fight not many other fighters have put up to the NBT Santa Cruz. He made it 12 rounds, with numerous horrible gashes. RESPECT.
#5. Vasyl Lomachenko - White hot. He was the one to fight in a unification match against Walters. But Walters fucked it up.
#5. Nicholas Walters - He was dominating the featherweight ranks, and had a Unification fight in the bag. But he missed his weight and was stripped of the championship.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Lomachenko is such a stupidly smooth boxer. You seen Inoue fight yet Tsar? He's been out wtih a hand injury since May and hasn't fought since December but he's a two division champ at 21 down at Super Fly and Light Fly, only 8 fights deep in his career too. Japan has some stupid depth down in the lower divisions.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I highly doubt Berto will accomplish the feat of beating Floyd, but I can expect him to do better than what people are giving him credit for.
You watched the fight yet?
Don't read the below if you don't want to be spoiled.
It went as expected

AJ vs Cornish

AJ is such a prospect

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You watched the fight yet?
Don't read the below if you don't want to be spoiled.
It went as expected

AJ vs Cornish

AJ is such a prospect

No, but I was going to. My expectations of Mayweather beating Berto WILL come true. :nod:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Berto got taken to the Mayweather School of Boxing just like everyone expected he would be. Not that it wasn't completely silly to think he would actually pull out an upset (although stranger things have happened), but I thought he'd at least surprise everybody with how much of a fight he would put up against Floyd, but nope.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Berto got taken to the Mayweather School of Boxing just like everyone expected he would be. Not that it wasn't completely silly to think he would actually pull out an upset (although stranger things have happened), but I thought he'd at least surprise everybody with how much of a fight he would put up against Floyd, but nope.
What a drop dead retirement match. Khan vs. Mayweather for his absolute final fight and a chance at 50-0!