Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm planning on seeing them and GI Joe in succession. Saw Snitch two Saturdays ago and DMD last Saturday. Very much more of an adult movie than any wwe film has ever been, and boy does wade use the word fuck a lot lol

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Poor result for DMD even if it was only running in just over 2000 theatres. With all the promotion that it had it really should have been able to get closer to the $10 million mark. One thing that may have turned some people away is the fact that after watching the trailer you don't get a clear idea of what the plot is, you get some basics but that is about it. Should do a lot better on DVD though.

Very good opening for Oz, couldn't get close to Alice and Wonderland's level but $80 million is a strong start.

The Call is up next weekend along with The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. I doubt that there would be many crossover viewers so it should do alright.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Actually saw Oz on Sunday. Really good flick actually. The fact worked very well together. I don't get all the hate for Franco, he was actually really good in this. Probably the best performance I've seen from him in a long while. Sets up for a Dorothy film also. They did a good job with it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Call kicked DMDs ass which was very good. Hope it earns more because Halle put in work

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
bo8_zpseacc4765.png

Great opening for The Call especially as it was in only 2500 theatres. This would be a lot higher than WWE would have even predicted and it should be able to go close to $45 million with that start. Dead Man Down keeps dropping and to not have even hit $10 million after ten days isn't good. WWE will hope that International markets make up the difference and that it is a big success on the home market to break even. Burt Wonderstone had a terrible start, I saw it and I liked it but I will say that to me it was more of a romcom than a pure comedy. It was more about Steve Carell's characters development and growth as a person than it was about just laugh after laugh.

Next week the wide releases are The Croods, Olympus Has Fallen, Admission and Spring Breakers. Very eclectic mix of movies.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dmdm is more suited for international markets IMO, its basically more so about foreigners and foreign groups/crime

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has an Australian release date in a couple of months so I will probably check it out. That kind of movie normally does alright on the home market as well, will still need to earn a lot more before they can break even though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Croods - $44.7 million
Olympus Has Fallen - $30.5 million
Oz the Great and Powerful - $22 million
The Call - $8.7 million
Admission - $6.5 million

Biggest surprise was Olympus Has Fallen which was expected to get anywhere close to that mark. The Call did well to only drop 49% and is well on the way to profitability. Can't say the same for Dead Man Down which plummeted 85% and is only on $10.6 million after three weeks. Needs big numbers overseas or on the home market to save it.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Wow, The Croods is doing pretty well. Looks like a fun movie.

probably gonna take my 3yr old to see it this weekend.... last 2 we saw in theater were Hotel Transylvania and Wreck it Ralph (both very good) hoping the Croods delivers as well

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
GI Joe opened a day early and pulled in $10.5 million. On track for about $45 million over the weekend which is an alright number. Not as big as the first GI Joe but that had a much better release date and I expect international numbers to be better this time around thanks to The Rock and Bruce Willis.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hey at least you're safe when you bring your kid. Do you know what it looks like when a 22 year old is getting a ticket just for himself to go see an animated movie?

My girlfriend and I went to a 10 PM showing of Wreck-It Ralph, theater was full of adults, hardly any kids. Go at night.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation pulled in $51.7M, not bad at all. Tyler Perry's Temptation and The Host debuted with 22.3 and 11 million dollars respectively.