Box Office

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Identity Thief took the top spot this week earning $36.6 Million. Warm Bodies, Side Effects, Silver Linings Playbook, and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters finish out the top 5.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't expect Identity Thief to do that well at all especially with the impact of the storm. Very good start for that movie but the other new movies didn't do well at all.

Skyfall has made it to $1.1 billion and is now the seventh highest grossing film of all time. Notably it is a 2D film so it missed out on the premiums that come with 3D ticket pricing. I am happy they didn't go down that route though, I can't stand 3D as I don't think it adds anything to the viewing experience.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Agree with you on 3D, especially if it's a longer movie, couldn't give a fuck about wearing those glasses for awhile. Not worth the extra couple bucks.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Identity Thief regained the number one spot this week with A Good Day to Die Hard dropping to fifth. Snitch and Dark Skies debuted at 2 and 6 gaining $13M and $8.5M respectively.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Snitch looks kind of generic. I honestly feel that based off the trailers alone that I've seen something similar in the '90's. It does still look enjoyable though.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is actually a pretty decent opening for Snitch since it was only in around 2,500 theatres. It has out performed all the other recent action releases from guys like Statham, Arnold and JCVD so he has to be pretty happy with that. He has three big movies coming out this year anyway, this was the smallest of them all by far.

Indentity Thief has done really well closing in on around $100 million already. Been a pretty weak start to the year for the box office and it is a long way back from where it was this time last year.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Here's the Box Office for this past week:

1. Jack the Giant Slayer, $28M
2. Identity Thief, $9.71M
3. 21 and Over, $9M
4. The Last Exorcism Part II, $8.03M
5. Snitch, $7.7M
6. Escape From Planet Earth, $6.73M
7. Safe Haven, $6.3M
8. Silver Linings Playbook, $5.94M
9. A Good Day to Die Hard, $4.5M
10. Dark Skies, $3.56M

Jack the Giant Slayer is being considered the first major flop of the year because of its $195M budget. Good debuts for 21 and Over and The Last Exorcism Part II considering their budgets. Silver Linings Playbook has now grossed over $116M in 16 weeks

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Silver Linings looks like the only movie I'd see. Weak start to the year right now with movies. No big blockbusters yet.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Of course Jack the Giant Slayer flopped. They literally raped and murdered a freaking fairy tale simply to try and garner more money by being slightly dark. People tend to really like that stuff, but come on.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terrible strategy for Jack the Giant Slayer. They adapt a fairytale and make it dark and call it Jack the Giant Killer, then get worried change it to a more family friendly name and try to get families in but they failed big time. Going to be this years big flop just like last year we had Battleship and John Carter as huge financial failures.

Snitch didn't do too bad dropping just over 40% for the second weekend. Probably going to end up with around $35 million which is alright as long as they can match it overseas. The Oscar movies all did well with all of them seeing an increase in business thanks to the award ceremony.

Oz the Great and Powerful is out next week so we will see if that can better Jack's numbers, it should easily beat it up you never know. The next big movie to come out is GI Joe Retaliation which comes out in a few weeks time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Terrible strategy for Jack the Giant Slayer. They adapt a fairytale and make it dark and call it Jack the Giant Killer, then get worried change it to a more family friendly name and try to get families in but they failed big time. Going to be this years big flop just like last year we had Battleship and John Carter as huge financial failures.

Snitch didn't do too bad dropping just over 40% for the second weekend. Probably going to end up with around $35 million which is alright as long as they can match it overseas. The Oscar movies all did well with all of them seeing an increase in business thanks to the award ceremony.

Oz the Great and Powerful is out next week so we will see if that can better Jack's numbers, it should easily beat it up you never know. The next big movie to come out is GI Joe Retaliation which comes out in a few weeks time.

Am dreading the OZ film, does that story really need another updating? Also it is a pretty patchy cast, Franco must really know people in high places, if you look up dull in the directionary you will see a picture of that guy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am not a Franco fan either. They have put a ton of money into this but I don't think that this will become a huge hit like Alice In Wonderland was a few years ago for Burton/Depp. It should be the best performed movie of the year so far but it won't be breaking any records. As you said the story doesn't need updating and there are much better versions out there.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This week's:

1. Oz the Great and Powerful, $80.3M
2. Jack the Giant Slayer, $10M
3. Identity Thief, $6.32M
4. Dead Man Down, $5.35M
5. Snitch, $5.1M
6. 21 & Over, $5.06M
7. Safe Haven, $3.8M
8. Silver Linings Playbook, $3.75M
9. Escape from Planet Earth, $3.21M
10. The Last Exorcism Part II, $3.12M

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
DMD wasn't bad, liked TH in it. Had more people than I thought in the theater this Saturday to see it, and I assume it didnt cost a lot to make like last wwe movies. I thinks the Call may gross more though

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I bet DMD grosses more, I've just seen way more commercials for it on non-WWE programming, unlike The Call. I was actually planning on seeing DMD tonight, but we got there way too late and settled for Snitch instead. Alright movie, I enjoyed it, wasn't any worse than I expected.