Bound for Glory Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
j3HjJjyl.jpg

*Brian Cage vs Sami Callihan
Iz8lbRil.jpg

The North vs RVD/Rhino vs Swann/Mack

ON79qizl.jpg

Taya Valkyrie vs Tenille Dashwood

iFiFUw0l.jpg

Moose vs Ken Shamrock

HjA1fFcl.png

Marafuji vs Elgin

2GbXJJ7l.jpg

Rascalz vs Wagner/Aerostar/Taurus

Impact World Title Match is locked in so I thought with that Match in Stone, why not get the Discussion going. Now that Cage has defend his Impact World Title, big feel from me is Sami is going over. Cage has been out for Months and they have keeping his health status really close the Vest. Now I don't know where that leaves Tessa since she's still trying to end his life since being screwed over, so they'll need to either give her someone thing big for the Show because she deserves it. I would say North will probably defend their Tag Titles vs The Rascalz and Swann/Mack and that should be an entertaining bout. Elgin is another guy who if I had my way would be Impact World Champion, but now he'll need something for his efforts as well. I know the rumor of who he might face, but I'll wait and see till I see a graphic off the Matchup if it what they will be his opponent, pretty hype for it. Edwards vs Ace Austin, Havok vs Su Yung in some kind of craziness, Tenille should be facing Taya for the Knockouts Title, unless their are plans to have a mult-lady defense for it. It wouldn't be the first time for that. Should be another quality Show!​

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Shamrock vs Moose locked it. I used to be a big mark for him during his WWE days, coming from watching his UFC early career. I don't know what he has to give in the Ring these days as Moose is in his prime right now. I hope Moose goes over!

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Impact needs to put the belt on Sami. He’s a great heel with legit heat thanks to the Tessa feud. Cage has been disappointing as Champion due to his injuries.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Impact needs to put the belt on Sami. He’s a great heel with legit heat thanks to the Tessa feud. Cage has been disappointing as Champion due to his injuries.

Yeah that could happen at the PPV. It would be a thank you towards him from the Company for all his hard work since arriving in Impact a few years ago. Problem I see is with AXS etc getting involved, is Sami the type of guy they want to represent their Company?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd like to see a dominate title reign from Cage... and I was kind of hopin' we'd get a Cage/Elgin rematch here because their match on Slammiversary was awesome. However, if he's not gonna be healthy puttin' the belt on Sami is probably the best idea.

Also if Impact Wrestlin' actual has long term plans and Shamrock can still put on decent performance, I don't mind if he beats Moose. I mean Moose did already beat a legend at Slammiversary. If he got too cocky, Shamrock can still slap that ankle lock on like nobody's business. I just don't know how Shamrock in the main event scene could even possibly work currently in this company so I guess he might as well just give the nod to Moose.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Two more Matches set for BFG. Pretty hype for Marafuji vs Elgin and I wonder who might Wagner bring in to face the Rascalz?

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Good to see her still sticking with wrestling

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Wagner's partners were unveiled in Aerostar and Taurus. Both guys who will kill it with Wagner vs The Rascalz. Don't forget theirs a Ladder Match for the X-Division Title I'll add in that Matchup once all the spots are filled. Raju vs Sabu next Week for the last spot I believe with the PPV next Sunday.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I always find it funny when lately on Social Media and on old forums I'm apart of, people want to give Impact a watch and then be extremely negative about the product. Almost like they didn't see the Show, rather read the Results and then gave their thoughts. For sure you're not going to understand a talent winning a Title or Match if you haven't seen how that talent has come into their own. Anyways that is just my two cents with that, but here are my thoughts on Bound for Glory.

The Call Your Shot Battle Royal I was somewhere in the middle with it. I thought it was handled well and all and it had it's moments like Joey Ryan doing his Dick Magic, Fulton's dominance with his eliminations, or even Eddie starting and being there at the end to win it. I would say Eddie winning sets up a perfect weave for him to challenge the new X-Division Champion Ace Austin, and take their feud to the next level. I say that...and then I'm asking myself why is Joey Ryan apart of this? I mean debut cool, but do you want to see Ryan, Swoggle, or even Dreamer in this, or how about Chris Bey or the Rascalz? I thought this could of been a great showcase for those talents or those mid-level talents that have been at the same spot for a long time, and a win could of propelled them to something greater down the road with time and effort.

Knockouts Title Match. Man let's be honest here Impact dropped the ball with this Storyline. A new talent comes in, a known talent by a good majority of fans comes in to stop the long reigning Champion and you didn't do more with it. Tenille had Taya's first Match in Wrestling and never really expanded on it. Why should I care about Tenille winning the Knockouts Championship that is the question that was never answered. In this Match Taya brought it, and Tenille once again left alot to be desired and I wonder if I want to see another Match between the two because this wasn't good at all.

Impact Tag Team Title Match. Plenty of fun as The North keeps impressing since winning the Tag Titles over LAX. RVD random Heel Turn had me like what the fuck, and then like hey this could of been a thing to watch if Rhino and RVD were in their prime. I'm sure people will be happy with this Rhino and RVD kill each other off and leave for good hehe.

Elgin vs Marufuji. If you want a pure Wrestling Match with both guys busting their asses and working hard this is the Match for you. I don't know how many people know of the greatness of Marufuji and it suffered at times them not getting into the Match more. Still Elgin and Marufuji are two Pros and both laid it all on the line. I'm happy as Marufuji kept kicking out it started to frustrate Elgin even further and made him get more nasty in the Ring to put him away. Elgin needs a Title around his Waist sooner rather than later don't waste his hard work.

X-Division Title Ladder Match. Shit was crazy and even though Romero being involved last minute was a slap in the face of the other guys who had a shot to get, he won plenty of people over with what he did during this Match. I've never seen a Ladder come flying down with a Talent through a Table with such force. A scary spot to watch, and I'm shocked he didn't injure himself because of it. I do have so questions like with Tessa nearly winning the X-Division Title does this mean a longer feud to come with oVe? What to do with Daga going forward as well?

Shamrock vs Moose. I don't think the spot on the Card for this Match wasn't right at all. I never thought I would see a 50 plus year old Man doing Dives in the Ring let alone wrestle, and you give respect to Shamrock for that, but man this was hard to see through and watch. The overbooking of the Match didn't do it any favors as this Match went too long for my taste. I do like Trigg being Moose's Manager going forward though.

Impact World Title No DQ Match. A good balance I felt of extreme violence and Wrestling. Cage and Callihan really gave it their all as well as it seems the Chicago fans might of wanted Sami to win the Gold just a little bit more than Cage retaining. Cage showing never levels to his Character was good to see and we needed to see, and Sami clearly time and time again proving he's one of the toughest guys and he says it, and proves in the Ring. I just don't know how many more times can you keep Sami getting oh so close to winning a Singles Title within the Company to the point where you throw your hands up and say why should I take interest in this further. I get it Sami doesn't fit the mold of the typical World Champion, but he needs a pay off for all his hard work and it's been past due I feel.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I love the concept of the Call Your Shot battle royal. But really, they didn't have enough interesting roster members left to fill it out and make it interesting. I mean, I have no interest whatsoever in Reno Scum, The Desis, Tommy Dreamer or Swoggle. Especially Swoggle. I guess I appreciate that they actually made Fulton look like a monster here but both he and Mahabali Shera are boring ass monsters. I'll take Eddie winning this even though I long for his American Wolves days and don't have much love for this Tommy Dreamer Jr. shit.

Of all the title matches, I was happy to see Taya retain. I do not get any of the hype for Tenille. I have to say the only thing I really like about Tenille is the fact that she uses the Tarantula. Taya isn't the greatest or anything but I'll take her over Tenille. She gets a lot of heat so she at least has that going for her.

I thought the tag match was very good. The match was carried by The North, Mack and Swann I felt. It was fantastic to hear some "this is awesome" chants during the match since I've become conditioned to Impact crowds being nearly silent. I have no issues with the champs retaining. They remind me a lot of The Revival and they've really giving some of the better promos over the last few weeks leading up to the show. The story of the match is of course the RVD heel turn. But at the same time, do I care? Ehh, I don't think so. And I definitely don't care if this is about to become a Rhino vs. RVD program. The ECW presence is easily one of the biggest negatives of Impact for me. On a separate note, Mack and Swann are fun as a team but I really think there's so much potential with both those guys as singles stars. I hope there are better things in their futures.

Elgin vs. Marufuji didn't live up to the big time expectations Impact built for it. I mean I really liked parts of it. The fans were into it. But so much of the match was just phoned in and the movements were so exaggerated that it came across really phony to me. Cool to see a Burning Hammer I guess? Obviously they pulled it out as a "this is what it's gonna take!" spot but I don't think it came across nearly as epic as intended. Shame. Fine match, like I said, but it was more of a 2.5, maybe 3 star match, when Impact and Elgin were building it up as a 5 star classic.

The ladder match was awesome as I expected. No shortage of memorable spots, good flow, good result imo. I mean, Blanchard would have been a great shout but at the same time, I think she's passed the point where that title would be a feather in her cap. At this point, it's World Title or bust imo. Also, Ace Austin is fantastic. Dude has a good gimmick and a ton of star potential. He's perfectly suited to hold that belt right now as he continues to rise through the ranks. Have to say, this match also sold me on Daga much more than I was before. He reminds me of Adam Cole in terms of his wrestling style, while his look and aura is more like Andrade. Anyways… I loved Romero going through the table. That was just insane. But also shout out to the Canadian Destroyer off the apron through the ladder. I think I liked that better than the one off the ladder at All Out. The X Division is honestly looking the best I can remember it being since the days of Styles, Daniels, Kaz, Lethal, Dutt and MCMG.

Shamrock vs. Moose was just as rough as I imagined it would be. Moose saved Shamrocks fucking life on that first dive to the floor. All of the heel antics of Moose and Trigg didn't help me care about the match any more than I did before. If anything it was all just so contrived and hokey. Shamrock kept trying all these crazy high flying moves for some reason. I mean, at his age, it's fairly impressive that he's able to execute it at all, but it was shitty looking and totally unnecessary. Bad match. I am not a fan of Moose at all.

Brian Cage's entrance attire gets two thumbs down from me. Looked tacky and didn't really fit for me when this match is supposed to be fueled by utter hatred. I thought the match was okay, with a perfectly adequate amount of carnage. Hated the finish though. Cage takes a piledriver on the thumbtacks, kicks out at one because HE'S A MACHINE~! then immediately finishes Callihan with a Falcon Arrow on the tracks. Pretty shit imo. Bad enough they didn't pull the trigger on Callihan here but that ending? Ugh.

Grading the whole show, I thought it was good. Moose vs. Shamrock was a total dud for me. The Call Your Shot Battle Royal and Women's Title matches were pretty much "meh". Didn't think Elgin vs. Marufuji or Cage vs. Callihan was as good as they should have been. The tag title match and X-Division title match definitely hit for me. The biggest positive I have for the show was the fact that the fans were actually vocal and actually quite loud at times. We need more of that Impact. The biggest negative was easily Cage retaining when Callihan is on top of his game and as hot as he's going to get. But they do have a rematch coming up on the next Impact so maybe they can make things right by putting the belt on Callihan there. Let's hope.

Reactions: Apoho Creed