Bound for Glory 2017 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Patrons drags the dead Eli over Johnny Impact. Eli is still your Impact champion.

Reactions: Hoss

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Did he just break that Chair over Impact's Skull???
That he did. Johnny got hands up, though.

I have no problem with chair shots if they protect themselves like that.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Pretty nice PPV. If I remember I'll watch Impact this week haha. I tend to forget to watch.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
If Patron and Impact feud is anything close to what they did in LU, were in for a treat.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I do like that Eli retained but I'm not so stoked about how they booked that whole match and made the entire thing about Alberto. Moose shoulda got the W in the cage match too. Lashley can fuck off.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Told you. Clever booking as Eli goes on as champ and Impact will have things to have in his hands.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I knew the Monsters Ball Match wasn't going to be all that great, neither guy is a great Wrestler so everything that happened in that wasn't a shock to me. Even the ending of Grado losing to Abyss makes no sense, you would think he wins to carry on with Impact that was the stipulation you forget to say, he wins he stays with Impact, and he loss to Abyss so now he's gone again lol. I don't know what will they do now, not just with Rosemary interfered in the Match, Abyss and Grado. I don't know how you somehow get Grado back with Impact.

oVe vs LAX was great to me, and the fans were chanting this is awesome not to say hey people can't be wrong, but the spots were great don't know how these guys didn't kill each each other with those spots during this Match. Jake Crist eating those Chairs with that Suplex was sick and I think oVe doing what LAX done to everybody...EVERYBODY it makes sense that oVe wake and say we need to play their game to win this Match. I mean you can't complain about someone interfering LAX done it in just all of their Matches since arriving so I was happy to see the decision for their opponents to do it to them. Which will make LAX rally the troops and have to bring in someone in to deal with Sami to even up the odds. You see if someone who hasn't watched the product in months or more watched this show or just read the review, they don't understand the arc that has been going on with LAX and oVe and I can say that with any Match. You gotta go back to the Impact shows all before this, to see how what went on with this Match making so much sense.

In the Cage Match Bonnar and Mo were truly props to make Lashley and Moose look great, even though Bonnar had some good spots when he was knocking down Moose and fighting with Lashley and having success. If was just Moose vs Lashley in the Cage it would be en a better Match the Impact people in charge will eventually think yeah we fucked up with the structure and decision to have Bonnar and Mo in there with no Pro Wrestling experience. Drake vs Impact was good, all their Matches together have been entertaining and for some people Patron does leave a sore spot for for the Main Event that was doing well, but look at the importance of it. Patron feels I imagine that Impact took his spot after the suspension, they gave everything to him, and they knew him out the Door so their storyline is going to be easy to understand and I look forward to a evil Patron. As for Drake I'm sure they'll find him a filler opponent if they don't do some kind of triple threat with Impact and Patron since Patron attacked him too, but Garza could be a filler opponent that he could have some great Matches with till they find a suitable opponent for him for many months. Like everyone has said negatives and positives make this show a maybe a 2.5 outta 5 for me, but we've got multiple months of tapings to see if everything turns out right going forward so I look forward to seeing them.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I knew the Monsters Ball Match wasn't going to be all that great, neither guy is a great Wrestler so everything that happened in that wasn't a shock to me. Even the ending of Grado losing to Abyss makes no sense, you would think he wins to carry on with Impact that was the stipulation you forget to say, he wins he stays with Impact, and he loss to Abyss so now he's gone again lol. I don't know what will they do now, not just with Rosemary interfered in the Match, Abyss and Grado. I don't know how you somehow get Grado back with Impact.

oVe vs LAX was great to me, and the fans were chanting this is awesome not to say hey people can't be wrong, but the spots were great don't know how these guys didn't kill each each other with those spots during this Match. Jake Crist eating those Chairs with that Suplex was sick and I think oVe doing what LAX done to everybody...EVERYBODY it makes sense that oVe wake and say we need to play their game to win this Match. I mean you can't complain about someone interfering LAX done it in just all of their Matches since arriving so I was happy to see the decision for their opponents to do it to them. Which will make LAX rally the troops and have to bring in someone in to deal with Sami to even up the odds. You see if someone who hasn't watched the product in months or more watched this show or just read the review, they don't understand the arc that has been going on with LAX and oVe and I can say that with any Match. You gotta go back to the Impact shows all before this, to see how what went on with this Match making so much sense.

In the Cage Match Bonnar and Mo were truly props to make Lashley and Moose look great, even though Bonnar had some good spots when he was knocking down Moose and fighting with Lashley and having success. If was just Moose vs Lashley in the Cage it would be en a better Match the Impact people in charge will eventually think yeah we fucked up with the structure and decision to have Bonnar and Mo in there with no Pro Wrestling experience. Drake vs Impact was good, all their Matches together have been entertaining and for some people Patron does leave a sore spot for for the Main Event that was doing well, but look at the importance of it. Patron feels I imagine that Impact took his spot after the suspension, they gave everything to him, and they knew him out the Door so their storyline is going to be easy to understand and I look forward to a evil Patron. As for Drake I'm sure they'll find him a filler opponent if they don't do some kind of triple threat with Impact and Patron since Patron attacked him too, but Garza could be a filler opponent that he could have some great Matches with till they find a suitable opponent for him for many months. Like everyone has said negatives and positives make this show a maybe a 2.5 outta 5 for me, but we've got multiple months of tapings to see if everything turns out right going forward so I look forward to seeing them.
The angle makes perfect sense and everything I just find it to be senseless to have El Patron decide the outcome of the match. The first reason being that it's the main event of BFG, they would ideally focus on putting on a memorable in ring performance with a creative ending. This main event will be memorable but for the wrong reasons imo. The second issue for me is that Drake and Impact have been putting in the work and having the chance to headline the organization's premiere PPV, they should have been allowed to have a clean finish and clear winner, with Alberto jumping them afterwards if at all. But nonetheless, it's good to have another legit main event guy back in the picture. It kinda seems to me that he'll be champ again sooner than later. However I've been speculating Adonis will turn on Drake in the near future, so there's the possibility of that being a major feud, though idk how I'd feel about it.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Loved TTC match but Sami and Jacobs debut sucked because of the crowd. X Div was great but that Lucha Rules - I guess the two man in ring and tags - sucked. Other than Petey, almost no one was over, crowd was not great. Abyss v Grado was a mess. I slept when 6 man tag started. Not a good show. It's kinda normal as BFG's never satisfy me but Slammiversary is always great. Love that show.