Borderlands Mafia [DAY TWO] - FIRST OFFICIAL GAME OF 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
why so lol
just playstyle difference thats all

I get different play I’ve seen other people from other sites also play a little differently but you do so many things that seem antithetical to helping town it’s crazy to me.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
not sure why blain claimes vt either
could of held it longer and baited a kill by fake claiming a PR

his play reminds me of his coal play so far. claim and coast

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
solving via claims is a good way to lose the game

fwiw jeff and lethal could be lying about being vanilla. i have no reason to belive them.

Your second line just proved while your first one is untrue

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I get different play I’ve seen other people from other sites also play a little differently but you do so many things that seem antithetical to helping town it’s crazy to me.
well as long as it cripples and confuses mafia or helps town win it shud be fine. i can understand i come off as a selfish a hole prick and bully sometimes but its all in game stuff. i dont have anything against the players outside of the game.

ive been quiet tame here all things considered. just doing my thing. i will reassess my thread position and reads depending on how todays lynch go

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
thoughts on doddsy from everyone would be nice

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
what if the whole game claims villager. what u do now

Hunt on play.

It’s not supposed to be all or nothing.

I don’t like people that hunt purely off claims, either, but if someone claims cop, you don’t still lynch them.

And if some claims roleblocker, you don’t auto lynch them if their play has been super solid town. You read the claim and the play and work that through everything else.

But, not everyone will claim vt in most games where. The average game here has 3 vanillas tops.

This game will be different. There’s probably only a doctor and cop so yeah, claims aren’t as helpful.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Hunt on play.

It’s not supposed to be all or nothing.

I don’t like people that hunt purely off claims, either, but if someone claims cop, you don’t still lynch them.

And if some claims roleblocker, you don’t auto lynch them if their play has been super solid town. You read the claim and the play and work that through everything else.

But, not everyone will claim vt in most games where. The average game here has 3 vanillas tops.

This game will be different. There’s probably only a doctor and cop so yeah, claims aren’t as helpful.
so overall u agree that play is the ultimate tell if someone is town or scum correct? claim shouldnt influence that read, specially in a game where the OP says claims r NAI

so do u not think its odd people ask for claims easily? i get asking inactive slots for claims. this is the fastest way to give u info from them. my problem is when people vote a player and say i demand a claim to move on. the fk does a claim help there? that confuses. if u vote someone then u need their play to improve so u move on, not need them to claim. do u see why this mentality bothers me

the more villager claims we get the more we help mafia know who the PRs are and they get to shoot them easily. this is really bad for town

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
so overall u agree that play is the ultimate tell if someone is town or scum correct? claim shouldnt influence that read, specially in a game where the OP says claims r NAI

so do u not think its odd people ask for claims easily? i get asking inactive slots for claims. this is the fastest way to give u info from them. my problem is when people vote a player and say i demand a claim to move on. the fk does a claim help there? that confuses. if u vote someone then u need their play to improve so u move on, not need them to claim. do u see why this mentality bothers me

the more villager claims we get the more we help mafia know who the PRs are and they get to shoot them easily. this is really bad for town

It depends. If someone claims cop and they’re not countered, then their play is completely irrelevant.

If someone claims Jailkeeper and their play is null at best and if there is a bodyguard in the game which is half the same utility, they’re definitely scum, but if there’s no bodyguard and their play is good, you overlook the scummier role claim. It all depends on the claims.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It depends. If someone claims cop and they’re not countered, then their play is completely irrelevant.

If someone claims Jailkeeper and their play is null at best and if there is a bodyguard in the game which is half the same utility, they’re definitely scum, but if there’s no bodyguard and their play is good, you overlook the scummier role claim. It all depends on the claims.

Follow up on this it also depends on how the bodyguard is playing too.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock

ive seen a game with 3 town roleblocker and games with no town cop. i am guessing the meta here is stale if u can solve the game based on claims. if couple of games happened here where mafia had a cop fake claim and town had no cop then claims will finally lose its power maybe lol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
ive seen a game with 3 town roleblocker and games with no town cop. i am guessing the meta here is stale if u can solve the game based on claims. if couple of games happened here where mafia had a cop fake claim and town had no cop then claims will finally lose its power maybe lol

Yeah you’re not gonna have three town blockers and no cop in a game here people would call that broken.

And in my entire time playing I’ve only seen two games that didn’t have a town cop so it’s not like it never happens but it is so rare you’re not going to risk lynching the town cop unless you’re absolutely sure that they are scum and even then it’s it’s a really hard crapshoot.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

And that already happened. That’s one of those two games I’m talking about but for real change something like that would have to happen consistently and regularly.

That being said I don’t want that to change. The one thing in Mafia that the town absolutely have to be able to trust is the cop. And I know you’re not gonna understand this because you’re the person I believe that faked the cop shot and this is the reason why so many people were mad at you about that.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a game solved by the setup btw. There’s a few consistencies in setups to ensure they’re not fucked like but there’s so much room for variation that you’re never just gonna solve it from the setup

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler