Borderlands Mafia [DAY TWO] - FIRST OFFICIAL GAME OF 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Guess - i figure out how to make an even better game now

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Just to address some of the posts regarding setup and balancing. A game being balanced does not have to mean its setup is generic and easily solvable through speculation, this is why setup spec is always strongly discouraged. The fact people continue to pursue it as an acute means to solving is disappointing.

The main reason setup spec is a horrible way to solve a game is because you don't know the entire setup, if you're town you don't know what mafia is working with. I saw some posts this game that were akin to "if I was scum and there were 2 cops I'd be pissed" and this was used as an actual rationale for lynching someone in a certain instance. This is horrible though because there are scum roles that have not flipped. In this role a framer which not only dilutes the cop role but also provides scum with some way of misdirection town.

When I looked at this game I had to change the significant core of the game, for starters there was about to be a 12 person game with a cultist that could convert both town and scum. Yes, really.

While I obviously had to purge this I wanted Juice to still have the majority of influence over the game as an entirety and didn't want to strip her ideas to the point where it didn't feel like her game anymore. She was keen on the Oracle role and I thought it would be a suitable way to counter town being low on numbers as it would give them the ability to have at least an extra *possible* confirmation. If town then decides to setup spec it's way into killing one of those two roles because it doesn't seem like a suitable setup when they haven't even seen the whole picture, that's on them. Not juice and not me.

Not only this but if you really wanted to play that setup game then I literally just hosted a (larger admittedly) game with multiple cops.

I think the setup was fine and I stand by it. Town gained an advantage through a host error which is regrettable but I think they deserved to win so I stand by it.

On the host error: do not take this personally Smark but I expect better from you in that situation. Once Lethal has exposed that plot hole and confirmed himself through it, you should not be trying to further exploit, imagine how you'd feel if this happened to you as a host. I'm not saying this to call you out, I'm saying this because I don't want it to happen again. Town gained an advantage, I can see why Lethal brought it up and he had the right because he couldn't just make up the reasons he thought TFW was non town, town shouldn't have gained double advantage for this. Especially when it wasn't even the other factions fault.

Poyser, Magic and Ekko played very well for town.

Poyser I thought the lynch on Magic was disappointing as I think it was selling Magic a bit short to assume he would make that claim blindly as scum as was suggested. I can see why as cop you felt it absolutely necessary though. Asides from this you were extremely on point and a deserved MVP. You were very precise and key to a few of the important lynches. Pointing out the potential Jeff no kill at the end was well played.

Ekko you don't make it easy for yourself with your playstyle but you had mostly good reads. Your play to bait the roleblock was excellent and is actually what won this game realistically as I don't think town come back from that night kill.

Magic while here was terrific and I don't think deserved to be lynched. He had doddsy nailed.

Doddsy played extremely well as scum with inactives. Jeff came in and almost brought it home in a very tough slot that was pretty much doomed due to PoE.

As I said next time I review a setup I'll actually look at all the role pms and the op rather than just role list.

If I could change anything I'd limit framer to 1 or 2 shot.

Game played out nicely though so I'm happy.

Nice job Juice

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think pretending you don’t seeing a faulty claim that can clear you is just silly. And honestly, I didn’t want to play. I signed up to get Juice going so I can’t lie and pretend like that didn’t make it ten times easier for me to play.

I was not interested in getting into long drawn out arguments where I get heated and make the game unfun for everyone else. Scum should have shot me before Jeff.

And two cops with this split is weird. I’ll die on that.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I think pretending you don’t seeing a faulty claim that can clear you is just silly. And honestly, I didn’t want to play. I signed up to get Juice going so I can’t lie and pretend like that didn’t make it ten times easier for me to play.

I was not interested in getting into long drawn out arguments where I get heated and make the game unfun for everyone else. Scum should have shot me before Jeff.

And two cops with this split is weird. I’ll die on that.
To the first point if you got the fake claim to help make it easier for you to play then fair enough, I'd discourage it in future because having two confirmed townies hurts intended balance. Obviously. Which could have been avoided.

I agree that games should be fun to play though, so if this helped you do that then I won't argue.

It's one cop and a pseudo cop that may not even come into effect but that's besides my point. Not every setup is going to follow your rituals, as long as it's playable and not bastard, it can be weird. In my opinion. Thus, setup speculation is bad, almost always.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Fair enough. I just expect the same leniency then the next time I host a game because I get roasted every time something is even remotely off-of-the-way people think a game should be set up.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Which I might host next because this game was relatively chill and I want to capitalize on the section being cool af.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
my next game - will be bastard and dirty

• Wow
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I don’t mind the oracle tbh because scum had plenty of ways to fuck with it. People make statements on the setup mid game without knowing the full picture. It’s just based on what you think you know and assumptions and sometimes it’s often just thinking aloud. I think as a host you have to ignore complaints or statements based on the setup when they’re made mid game. Like I complained mid game here based on what I thought was happening which turned out to be wrong, and that’s why I’ve not bitched about it post game.

As you said, it’s our bad for lynching magic and not on Juice. From my end, this lynch was based on me thinking the game was 99% vanilla and I was assuming we just had a cop and a doc, thus why I thought it was a desperation play from magic. I also did have play based reasons to suspect magic too tho. Not concrete, but as we were dealing with an inactive magic vs an inactive junk and a non existent blaine slot, we had nothing concrete at all lol.

Only thing I’d change about the setup is making the death miller a normal miller obviously. I’d probably agree with making the framer 2 shot instead of 3 shot as well.

I also don’t disagree about smark, that is disappointing. I just know that smark often plays from a totally selfish viewpoint and obv got excited about the fact he could confirm himself, don’t think he was malicious with it in the same way sky always tried to break the game etc. hopefully he’ll learn from it and hold off next time.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
and not ranked obvs

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So am I supposed to just disappear next time until Fourth is lynched?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don’t mind the oracle tbh because scum had plenty of ways to fuck with it. People make statements on the setup mid game without knowing the full picture. It’s just based on what you think you know and assumptions and sometimes it’s often just thinking aloud. I think as a host you have to ignore complaints or statements based on the setup when they’re made mid game. Like I complained mid game here based on what I thought was happening which turned out to be wrong, and that’s why I’ve not bitched about it post game.

As you said, it’s our bad for lynching magic and not on Juice. From my end, this lynch was based on me thinking the game was 99% vanilla and I was assuming we just had a cop and a doc, thus why I thought it was a desperation play from magic. I also did have play based reasons to suspect magic too tho. Not concrete, but as we were dealing with an inactive magic vs an inactive junk and a non existent blaine slot, we had nothing concrete at all lol.

Only thing I’d change about the setup is making the death miller a normal miller obviously. I’d probably agree with making the framer 2 shot instead of 3 shot as well.

I also don’t disagree about smark, that is disappointing. I just know that smark often plays from a totally selfish viewpoint and obv got excited about the fact he could confirm himself, don’t think he was malicious with it in the same way sky always tried to break the game etc. hopefully he’ll learn from it and hold off next time.

I’m gonna save this because I tell people all the time there are counters for everything and people still get upset because they think one side or the other had too much of x, y or x regardless of the counters I put in place.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Nah, it was the “let me say it before you say it so I can clear myself” aspect of it. It’s not the fourth lynch that was the problem it was more you trying to get the confirm when lethal was already gonna get one for bringing it up. 2 clear townies is quite a swing

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’m gonna save this because I tell people all the time there are counters for everything and people still get upset because they think one side or the other had too much of x, y or x regardless of the counters I put in place.
Your games are just hard to balance because of the sheer number of shit flying around. I think you’re probably always gonna upset one side or other lmao but I don’t think I’ve complained about one of your setups for ages

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Idk man, honestly, what would you want to happen as the host?

I think the best thing to do would be check in with the host and say hey there's a plot hole here that you need to fix immediately.

Of course someone else could take a cheap confirm if you don't do it first.

It's a tough situation.